Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Automated E-Mails
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Automated E-Mails
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

The automated notifications from the forum have hit a snag. And they are being returned to me today in droves. I've e-mailed Groupee and they are checking on this. So many of you (but perhaps not all of you) who usually gets the automatic notifications will not be receiving them until we can get it straightened out.

In some cases, I may be suspending your notifications until Groupee can figure it out as there's no sense in wasting the resources.

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
OK Harris, Thanks for letting me know. I wondered why I had not received any new NSU e-mails.
I’ll just have to keep checking the board

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your understanding Boldly. I am not sure what happened. As I told you, I think either our forum or Groupee has gotten on a spammer black-listed list. Eek

I wonder if my uncle e-mailing out all those notices about his friend in Nigerea, the Prince, had anything to do with it? Big Grin

Thus far, I have suspended two people's automated e-mails as there are two that are coming back to me much more frequently then others (and you just happen to have the luck of the draw, Boldly, since you're one of them!).

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm I didn't think you used them much, I can't remember the last time I saw one from NSU... certainly before June... I might get one a year on average.

Come to think of it, the spam blockers out there are pretty well tuned to block bulk mail these days, from what I understand. If there's a setting to deliver 1-5 addresses at a time, that's usually a safe bet. It's a shot in the dark Wink

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Komodo:
Hmmmm I didn't think you used them much, I can't remember the last time I saw one from NSU... certainly before June... I might get one a year on average.

Come to think of it, the spam blockers out there are pretty well tuned to block bulk mail these days, from what I understand. If there's a setting to deliver 1-5 addresses at a time, that's usually a safe bet. It's a shot in the dark Wink

Hi Komodo:

Just to be clear -- you do understand that I am speaking of the automated e-mail that the forum itself sends out? These are not e-mail that I send. These are e-mail notifications that members have signed up to receive.

Just want to make sure you (and others) understand that's what I'm speaking of.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
there were about a dozen notifications in my in box this morning.
Does that mean the suspension is over?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Paul:

I just e-mailed you telling you that I turned your notifications back on (but just now). I suspect that the notifications you are looking at at a bit older? I noticed that the ones meant for you and returned to me were notifications about posts at least a few hours earlier on the forum so again, I'm thinking that those might have been the last ones before things went wonky. But that's only a guess.

Harris

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Hi Komodo:

Just to be clear -- you do understand that I am speaking of the automated e-mail that the forum itself sends out? These are not e-mail that I send. These are e-mail notifications that members have signed up to receive.

Just want to make sure you (and others) understand that's what I'm speaking of.

My bad! I never did sign up for that, and looking at it again, I can't even tell what it's for... Can you enlighten me what its purpose is, if it isn't too much trouble, please?

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Komodo,
I use the feature from time to time and enjoy it. For example, I make a post in the Set Building forum that I need cards to complete whatever set it is. I don't always remember to go back to that thread to check it, so I set up an automatic notification so that any time someone posts in that thread, I'm emailed the post. I'm sure there are other uses, but that's what I've mainly used it for - to help me keep track of threads that I might otherwise forget about.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Ahh OK- I thought it was something like that. I don't post enough to warrant using it, although my memory isn't quite as well as it used to be Wink Mind you, it wasn't all that great to begin with

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
The notification e-mails appear to have stopped again. I have not recieved any for over 24 hours and i KNOW new posts have been, err, posted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~