Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    New Contest Czar/Czarina
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Contest Czar/Czarina
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted
And so, I begin my quest to find a suitable replacement to rule over this wonderful land of CardTalk. I do so after many days and long nights struggling to find more than 24 hours in a day, but alas, I couldn't.

And so, my loyal friends, in keeping with the feeling of the electoral season, I am asking for nominations for the new Contest Czar/Czarina. You MAY nominate yourself, or your best friend, or anyone else EXCEPT me. IF you are nominated, you do NOT have to participate in the next stage. IF there is only one person nominated, we will determine their worthiness and they will be named Contest Czar without any further ado. IF there is more than one (and there'd better be more than one person willing!), we will commence with the testing of skills and, finally, the voting.

Once elected, this minor democracy will return to an autocracy where the Czar or Czarina will hold sovreign rule and their word is final on all contest matters.

IN ORDER TO BE NOMINATED you must send me an EMAIL to jkohlbus@comcast.net. If you post to this message you will not be nominated.

IF you have any questions about the position or the process you MAY post those here.

Just to reiterate : DO NOT POST NOMINATIONS. DO POST QUESTIONS.

This ought to be fun Smile Let the nominating commence!

demon

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
One more thing. Please get your nominations in as early as possible. The Deadline for Nominations is MONDAY the 18th!!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Urm,

How many people can we vote for OWM?

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
You can NOMINATE as many people as you like, but you can only VOTE for 1 person, one time Smile No stuffing the ballot box here guys!!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
You can NOMINATE as many people as you like, but you can only VOTE for 1 person, one time Smile No stuffing the ballot box here guys!!

not even for members from Florida Clown

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I have nominated 2 people, so there will definately be more than one nominated Wink

Good luck everyone.

PS. I didn't vote for myself, that would be cheeky Big Grin

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
we will commence with the testing of skills and, finally, the voting.

What skills will be tested?

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Patience, Sense of Humor (or Humour), and Ability to convince relative strangers to send them goods or money to assist with the prize vault.

Mostly, I just want to screw with them a little before I leave ghost

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mostly, I just want to screw with them a little before I leave ghost

Yes! Ridicule and humiliation! You do rock OWM! Metal

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
After much discussion with the staff of Non-Sport Update, to whom we owe an invaluable debt of gratitude for providing us with Card Talk in the first place, it was decided that we would forego any kind of 'competition' for the position of Contest Czar and select my replacement amongst ourselves. Let me be perfectly clear about this : It was a very tough decision, but we started by eliminating any moderators from the ballot. It is difficult enough to do one 'job' on the board, let alone several. That left us with a bit fewer participants. We then decided to give the position to the person who has been on the board the longest among the remaining participants to avoid any appearance of favoritism.

So, congratulations to Barobehere on assuming the position of Contest Czar. It is my sincere hope that you all will assist him whenever he needs it - either in coming up with contests, or donating prizes, or just supporting him by participating in the contests.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you barobehere Thumb Up on your new title.
A great choice made Smokin'.

And once again,many thanks for all the time and effort put forth by you OWM Dance

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
congrats Barobehere, im sure youll do a good job, and if not, erm, well nothing really, youll just keep on doing it :P

and owm, maybe you can take a rest now? but i doubt that Big Grin and thanks for all the contests you have done over the year(s), and thanks for my Oompa Loompa prize :P

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Oh Harris??? Joanna needs a new title... "Silver member" just doesnt look right... how about: "Card Talk Den Mother"

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
Oh Harris??? Joanna needs a new title... "Silver member" just doesnt look right... how about: "Card Talk Den Mother"

How about "babysitter" Big Grin

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
ongrats barobehere Clap

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i forgot to give barobehere a
Congrats Thumb Up

bad starwolf Twak bad

Clown

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Barobehere! And thank you OWM for all the hard work you have done!!!!!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats Barrett! Clap

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Barobehere Thumb Up

Not an easy job, thanks for taking this on.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, congratulations to Barobehere on assuming the position of Contest Czar. It is my sincere hope that you all will assist him whenever he needs it - either in coming up with contests, or donating prizes, or just supporting him by participating in the contests.

Indeed, well done, that man!

I have some competition prizes to pass on, I'll be mailing you once I've sorted them out... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post