Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Free Mego Museum Cards Offer
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Mego Museum Cards Offer
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Hi All:

Here's another great free offer for our Card Talk members. This time, we are offering Mego Museum Cards. While these cards are not really promos, in that they do not promote an upcoming card series, they promote the Mego Museum website. More importantly, they are way cool! Everyone who sees 'em, loves 'em.

I was given a bunch of random cards by Mr. Mego Museum and asked that I share them with the NSU Card Talk community, so that's what we're doing.

To get two random cards, simply send a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with appropriate postage on it (this will probably go for 2 stamps in the USA -- not sure how that equates in the U.K.). Include card sleeves and top loaders if you would like your cards mailed back that way (and you'll need to include two of each this time since there will be two cards sent).

"pcetodd" (Todd) will be sending the cards going to the USA and areas outside of Europe. "Quaint1" (Paul) will be sending cards to those in the U.K. and elsewhere in Europe.

Please note that if you are sending to Todd and are outside of the USA and Europe, please include an IRC. Those sending to Paul outside of the U.K. should also include an IRC.

Be sure to include a note with your Card Talk user name (just write it on any ole slip of paper, sticky note, etc. and drop it in there) along with your toploaders/sleeves (if you want the card mailed back that way). Please also include on your note that you are mailing for the Mego Museum cards (Paul had another offer going for Lost cards and wants to make sure that your Mego requests don't get, er, um, Lost!).

Those in the USA and areas outside of Europe SUPPLIES HAVE BEEN DEPLETED

Those in the U.K. and other places in Europe should send to:
Mego Museum Offer
c/o: Paul Bines
357 Church Road
Basildon
Essex
SS14 2EU
U.K.

The small print:

1) This offer valid for Card Talk members only. Not a member? Join now so you can get your free promos and join in on the fun of Card Talk!

2) One set of two promos per household, please. We realize that there may be more than one member in a particular household but we only have a limited supply of these and do not want members signing up their sisters, cousins, and grandparents for the sole reason to get extra sets. Sorry. Though if you are a lurker and interested in what you see here, we encourage you to sign up!

3) Offer valid while supplies last and may be withdrawn at any time.

Updated to note about including appropriate postage on your SASE's. As noted above, this will probably go for 2 stamps in the USA due to the weight of two top loaders. So be sure to include two stamps on your SASE.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcetodd,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris

many thanks for making the offer available to us cardtalkers.

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Thanks, Harris!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this super offer. Smile

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Cool, thank you for the very nice offer! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

I just updated the original post. I am unsure if the weight of two toploaders and two cards will go over the weight limit for a stamp so I have updated the post above to ask that you include two stamps on your SASE, just in case.

Also, I am uncertain how this equates in the U.K. but I assume you U.K. card maniacs are familiar enough with U.K. mailing procedures to know the appropriate postage to include. Don't make Quaint1 have to add his own extra postage. Twak

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Harris has done it again, more cards for us members. Does he ever sleep ??? He always has the best news here and I thank You for doing all that you do here for us. Thanks Again. (1 more to my ultimate goal (so far), to 1000 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Further to Harris' most recent post - UK CT'ers should ensure they put appropriate postage for a 100g letter if they are including toploaders (which, until August 21st, should just be the regular first/second class postage!)
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great offer. My SASE will be in the mail tomorrow!

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Cool offer sending my request tomorrow.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Mine will be mailed tomorrow also. I heard there was an Iron man version......fingers crossed. Thumb Up

--Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
There is an Iron Man card, but you apparent god did not put one in the stacke he sent me. Sorry, brother.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How cool is this. Hope my letter gets there in time!

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine out to Todd yesterday! Cool

Thanks for the offer. Cool

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Fingers are now officially crossed for Batman and Robin. Big Grin

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Posted mine this morning.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for a Clark Kent and Superman. Wink

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Please could anyone interested in this offer note - both Todd and I are exchanging applicant ID's with each other to ensure we don't receive duplicate applications - so please resist the temptation to send to BOTH of us in the hope of getting more than one lot of cards.
Todd and I only have a limited number of cards and we want to be fair to all in sending them out. The rules, as stated by Harris above, are clear - one set of two promos per household.

Also, could everyone remember to put a note in with their envelopes/sleeves/toploaders stating their Card Talk ID - one or two people have forgotten to do this... Smile
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Posted to Mr Jordan this morning. Thanks for this cool offer!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Sent mine off yesterday!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post