Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Link Usage
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

I wanted to further update everyone on eBay link usage (and links in general). After much thinking about it, discussion around here in NSU-land, discussion among the moderators, and review of the poll here on the board, I think I have come to a decision, at least for now.

I'd really like members to be able to post links, be they eBay or other things, which are informative to the community. I really don't want to go the other way as I think that will take away from Card Talk. I ask that anyone who wishes to post links to eBay auctions or other sites on the Internet do so only when they are informative in nature to the community at large. NSU and the moderators will continue to strictly adhere to our no advertising policy. This means no soliciting of your own auctions, commercial websites, etc. or posting that xyz person or company has a great deal on this West Wing card with a link to the auction on eBay, just for the sake of advertising his auction or website. I also ask that you not try and get around this by finding creative ways to stretch this. Hopefully common sense will prevail. NSU has always tried to keep Card Talk advertising-free so that it doesn’t go down the path that other once good avenues of information on the Internet have.

While thinking about this, it became apparent that there is no easy answer to this and no way to please everyone (as much as I would like to). It also seems to me that there is no way to set everything that you can and can’t do with respect to link usage on paper. My best guide is to say links should only be used when they provide information to the community at large, which isn't all that different then things have been in the past. This is also where the moderators will come in to play to keep things on the up and up, as it were. As one of the highly-overpaid mod’s said, this will place the burden on the poster to make sure his links fit the rules and if they don’t, he should be prepared for an edit or suggestion that it be edited and told why. I’ll also keep an eye on things, of course, and if things need to be changed or refined, they will. Thanks everyone for your support.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good way to go Harris. Thumb Up

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of....inevitability."

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
HT sounds great to me. Many Thanks... I'd say your the Greatest but I can't 'cause I am!
Elephant

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update on links Thumb Up

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report, Harris. Thumb Up

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Remember it's a work in progress. Us mods are gonna need time to figure out what works and what doesn't. Hopefully, it won't be a bumpy ride!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Confused

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like common sense will prevail, as it has up until now.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Common sense will allways prevail until someone who has no common sense is put in charge.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh hang on, I would just like to add that i consider Harris and the mods to have common sense.

Phew, that was close. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Oh hang on, I would just like to add that i consider Harris and the mods to have common sense.

Phew, that was close. Big Grin

(hand overs silently over Wolfman-Golf's name - then pulls away at the last moment)
Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.paulbines.co.uk

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post