Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    eBay Links Poll
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

eBay Links Poll
 Login/Join

Picture of DaveH
posted Hide Post
As far as I am concerned they should be allowed.

I would never point out one of my auctions, and I would expect any other member not to, but when someone points out a weired auction, or an auction when something looks wrong, I would like a link to the auction, rather than searching through eBay.

The last auction mentioned (Stargate Movie Redemption) I couldn't find, which was anoying as I was interested in bidding.

Dave.

Posts: 371 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: November 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
If you ban the links, does that mean that you also ban the use of key words in a post? Just now someone was having problems finding an auction, so I posted the key words in searching for it. Technically I used no link, and the key words could return a number of different auctions, but would that be considered against the rules? Where would it stop? Ebay is a great source for information. And I fear that because so many of us are using ebay for this hobby, it would seem bad to have them completly separated from this site. That's why I voted to keep the links.

BTW, this may be a given, but if it is decided that there should be a ban on ebay auctions, it should be universial for Yahoo auctions and any other auction sites in the future.

<S> It's pronounced "Klow-ee" not "Cha-Low".

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perfect Tommy:
If you ban the links . . .

If??? This issue was decided by powers that be some time ago . . . SEE HERE

Perhaps this poll should be closed as "resolved"

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
I wondered why I felt like I was only getting half the story. I guess that was one of those threads I let slip. I've got to start spending more time in here. Wink

<S> It's pronounced "Klow-ee" not "Cha-Low".

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post