Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
eBay Links Poll

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/881604453/m/5726088844

October 25, 2003, 04:27 PM
DaveH
eBay Links Poll
As far as I am concerned they should be allowed.

I would never point out one of my auctions, and I would expect any other member not to, but when someone points out a weired auction, or an auction when something looks wrong, I would like a link to the auction, rather than searching through eBay.

The last auction mentioned (Stargate Movie Redemption) I couldn't find, which was anoying as I was interested in bidding.

Dave.
October 28, 2003, 01:06 AM
Perfect Tommy
If you ban the links, does that mean that you also ban the use of key words in a post? Just now someone was having problems finding an auction, so I posted the key words in searching for it. Technically I used no link, and the key words could return a number of different auctions, but would that be considered against the rules? Where would it stop? Ebay is a great source for information. And I fear that because so many of us are using ebay for this hobby, it would seem bad to have them completly separated from this site. That's why I voted to keep the links.

BTW, this may be a given, but if it is decided that there should be a ban on ebay auctions, it should be universial for Yahoo auctions and any other auction sites in the future.

<S> It's pronounced "Klow-ee" not "Cha-Low".
October 29, 2003, 01:25 AM
Bill Mullins
quote:
Originally posted by Perfect Tommy:
If you ban the links . . .

If??? This issue was decided by powers that be some time ago . . . SEE HERE

Perhaps this poll should be closed as "resolved"
November 01, 2003, 01:48 AM
Perfect Tommy
I wondered why I felt like I was only getting half the story. I guess that was one of those threads I let slip. I've got to start spending more time in here. Wink

<S> It's pronounced "Klow-ee" not "Cha-Low".