Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    February's Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February's Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

We've just posted our online poll for February. This month, we want to know which summer movie and card series you are most looking forward to. To vote, click here

Then come back here and tell us why you voted the way you did.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I voted for Spider-Man, since we've seen Star Wars movie sets before; the Scorpion King will go the way of Blue Chips; Powerpuff Girls Movie can't possibly compete with the cartoon, so who cares about that one (unless it stars the Girls of Studio E); Men and Black Two looks foolish and unnecessary (SO many questons left unanswered from the first flick); Scooby Doo might be good for a card set, butonly if Scooby-Dum is in it too. Yes, I am being cinicall I have a kidney stone and I hope and pray the Pepsi Cola executives will all get kidney stones too. They did this to me!

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
I too voted for SpiderMan - about the only one I'd be interested in getting a set for and seeing. I will probably see SW2, but I don't care enough about it to get a card set.

I've always liked SpiderMan for some reason.

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Playing it SAAAAFE again.???

My Heart says...Scooby Doo, Where Are You!
My Head says...Luke, I am your Father.

Yom Gadol

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Spidey's the man. 'Nuff said. big grin

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I voted for Scooby Doo I was not much of a comic book person, so never really got into Spidey - when I DID read US comics, I tended towards Batman and Supes. Scooby Doo, however, I watched regularly (right until Scrappy appeared - at which point, I dropped out. Just as I did when Tom and Jerry went all weird in the 60's)
Hopefully, Casey Kasem will make a cameo appearence? (Hs is still going I think!) and Scrappy will never be seen again.

I'll probably end up seeing the other movies in the poll, and I might even get some of the cards (the Star Wars set is a cert - I suspect Topps will stick to the format they used for the other movies - which presumably means no autos? I hope so, it might make for a cheaper box...)
MIB2 - well, I'm a sucker for sequels, and sometimes they ARE better than the original.
Powerpuff and Scorpion King - no. Probably not. I haven't seen the first in it's TV guise (I think it was a cartoon series?) and I've yet to see any of "The Mummy" (either film)
Of course, I might just save my money for the end of the year, and LOTR Toe Two Towers...
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I voted for the new Star Wars Episode. I still think Lucas does a great job, even if he wants to use In-Sync and Jar Jar. Each of the Star Wars movies has been exciting, well photographed, and fun to see, this one will be too. I look forward to the slue of cards and toys generated by this film too!
Since I don't read Spiderman, this one just doesn't interest me much, doubt I'll gey into the cards. Scooby Doo, well, I have to see this one just for the Sarah factor...
My second choice for most awaited summer movie is the Scorpion King, I like action flicks like this, and we know that Inkworks will do a great job on the card set.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
Actually the poll questions is rather tough to answer. On one had, I know what spring/summer movie I'm most looking forward to (Spiderman). On the other hand, I can't really answer which set I'm looking forward to since I have heard any details on any of the sets. As a collector, and yes I still collect, I like autographs and costume cards. I like sets from movies that offer more than just images and story plot lines. Does anyone know which sets will have autographs cards and/or costume cards? As with all the big movies you get big movie stars that I want autograph cards from. Remember the Fleer/SkyBox "Batman and Robin" movie cards. Now that set was loaded with big name star autographs! big grin More recently was the Topps LOTR set which had good autographs at really good odds (if you don't count the retail autograph issue, see past threads on this topic).

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Spiderman flick. Although we'll probably have seen all the latest special effects on TV commercials for tooth paste by the movie's release time, it could still be great fun to see a super hero I grew up with on the big screen.
Scorpian King looks like a Conan remake ( I can live with that) but the rest I'll probably catch on DVD. I haven't heard a lot about the Spidey cards, but if the chase element is handled well, it could be a very big seller.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sebulba-X
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't obvious, I've been waiting for SW Ep2 most of my geeky existence, so that's what I voted for.

The more I see of Spiderman, the less interested in it I become. Regardless, 2002 should be a great year for popcorn movies.

Posts: 74 | Location: Cumberland, IN USA | Registered: January 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Last Sunday, I went with my 7 year old nephew, his dad (my brother) and my sister to see "Monsters, Inc." (it was a birthday treat. No, not for my nephew - for me!)
The film itself was excellent, but the reason I'm writing is that I saw the teaser for "Scooby Doo" and it is fantastic! Peter (nephew) asked what 'Scooby Doo' was and my sister said that it was a funny cartoon series and that she wanted to go to see the movie - I never realised that my sister was that much of a fan...!
This one is either going to be a "Brady Bunch" or a "Charlies Angels".
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Brady Bunch was semi-entertaining, but I thought Charlies Angels blew big chunks. Ca-ca! I hope Scooby Doo is better than those. Buffy/Daphne will be good for something though. big grin

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Brady Bunch (and it's better than the original A Very Brady Sequel) were, imo, amongst the better TV adaptations, in that they had a nice line in self-mockery. Charlie's Angels I enjoyed, but it was little more than blokish eye candy, which was a shame - it (like The Saint and The Avengers) could have been SO much better!
Au Res.,
Paul