Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    SWTC Gives Back - August 2007
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SWTC Gives Back - August 2007
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

I received the following e-mail from our friends over at starwarscards.net:

quote:
Just wanted to let you know that SWTC is doing its next charity event to coincide with the release of the 30th Anniversary Card set, and the 14th Anniversary of the SWTC site.

This charity mini-auction will benefit the National MS Society (our original charity beginning in 2005), with all funds paid directly to the charity, and all items sent directly by the donors or myself.

I've posted a preview of the mini-auction. 8 items so far, including 2 C4 Medallions, 3 CE Medallions, and some really nice card items. We'll be adding more items soon.

We will be starting August 6th. Bidders can pre-register to get a bidder ID. For all the details, click on the link below:

SWTC Gives Back

Thanks

Cathy
www.starwarscards.net

This is a very worthy cause and I know Cathy works really hard at these so I encourage you all to check it out!

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
very cool things Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I have Multiple Sclerosis so I know how worthy this cause is.

Hope it's a success Smile
I had no idea that SWTC even did this.

HUGE kudos to them!!!!!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

I received an update today from Cathy about their auctions. She has added a whole host of card auctions, once again benefiting The National MS Society. There are some really terrific 501st cards, including some autographed cards from regular members, as well as some cards for various honorary members (none of those are autographed). And there is a random assortment of fifteen 501st cards for those willing to take the grab bag approach.

She is planning on adding more card auctions later in the week including some non-Star Wars items.

Hope everyone will go take a look and support our friends over at starwarscards.net and their worthy cause. Here's the link again:

SWTC Gives Back

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris,

I may be missing something but where abouts do you register for the auctions ? Confused

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew David:
Hi Harris,

I may be missing something but where abouts do you register for the auctions ? Confused

Hi Andrew:

I think you need to e-mail Cathy to get a bidder number from her. I have just e-mailed you with that info. I didn't want to post her e-mail address here.

Harris

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Nice thing they are doing. Smile

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post