Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Look Who's "Talk"ing (July)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Look Who's "Talk"ing (July)
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi:

Here's the stats for July. I got 'em early this month for some reason.

Needless to say, the stats are way up. And lots of new blood this time. And not an "H_Toser", "Quaint1", "mtlhhdoc2", "starwolf1001", "wolfman-golf", etc. to be found this time. Us old-timers are being pushed aside by the "new breed" of Card Talk'ers indeed.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OpenTopic Monthly Report Monthly Newsletter

UBB.x Monthly report

August 2003

Infopop is pleased to present the UBB.x™ August 2003 Monthly Report for Non-Sport Update's Card Talk.

Community Metrics

This report was prepared specifically for: nonsportupdate.infopop.cc

Statistics reported for period of:  July 1-30, 2003

Members

Total Registered Members:

Total New Members:

Total Hours Usage Logged:

Top Five Posters:

xSaBx (803 Posts)
Paul Russell (753 Posts)
tialessa (482 Posts)
MiniMe (460 Posts)
Prezkot (425 Posts)

Top Five Topic-Starters:

xSaBx (64 Posts)
BCW (46 Posts)
Prezkot (31 Posts)
Wendi (27 Posts)
MiniMe (24 Posts)

% of Members Who Posted:24.07

Community Activity

Total Page Views:

Average Page Views/Day:

Total New Topics Created:

Five Most Popular Topics:

San Diego Comic Con 2003 Photos by Tamara (with 329 posts and 6416 page views)
You've Got To Be Kidding Me! by Ken (with 107 posts and 2291 page views)
Problem with this Month's NSU by xSaBx (with 82 posts and 1765 page views)
Complete DS9 Breakdown by Ken (with 72 posts and 1594 page views)
Tomb Raider Breakdown by Jessica (with 64 posts and 1520 page views)

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
Wow, Sarah and I really do talk to much *LOL*

It's kinda nice to see my name in the top 5 Clap

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
I remember reading this report in January and finding it crazy that the top posters had so many (250!) posts per month.

I guess this is called progress?

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
And congrats to Sarah and Paul for setting a posting standard that I cannot imagine being exceeded. Clap Having said that, I'm sure between you and Prez, anything's possible!

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
Harris - out of curiosity, do you happen to know the records for the fastest people to bronze and silver?

DCJ - with so many great card sets coming out between now and the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tops what Sarah and I did Wink

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vincent
posted Hide Post
Paul, I just realized when you and Prezkot registered. That's an insane amount of posts within such a short time. You should feel very proud...maybe proud isn't the word...Razz

View my trading card page at http://www.geocities.com/kataztrophik/

Posts: 173 | Location: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: July 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vincent:
Paul, I just realized when you and Prezkot registered. That's an insane amount of posts within such a short time. You should feel very proud...maybe proud isn't the word...

Thanks Vincent Smile I pulled ahead of Matt while he was away at ComiCon (I'm sure he'll catch up!).

Regards,

Paul Russell

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes Batman!

How'd I get my bronze in a month's worth of posts???

WOW! Eek

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
No offense, but I am very glad not to see my name in the top 5! Big Grin Maybe I do have a life after all. Nah. Shake Head

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Russell:
Harris - out of curiosity, do you happen to know the records for the fastest people to bronze and silver?

Hi Paul:

Sorry but I don't have anything like that. If I can think of some way to come up with that, I will. Seems to me that you or xSaBx would have the record though.

Why are the two of you so shy? Big Grin

Harris

Picture of Vincent
posted Hide Post
How long did it take you to reach Bronze? I still have a whiles to go...but it's not that important...

Posts: 173 | Location: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: July 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Sarah went from bronze to silver in 11 days...

Lessa

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
WOW, people are really gabbering now Eek

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Why are the two of you so shy?

I have no comment *LOL*

Vincent - it took me a grand total of 39 days to make it to bronze (and if all goes well, I'll hit silver before my 2 month anniversary).

Regards,

Paul Russell

Picture of Vincent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
Sarah went from bronze to silver in 11 days...

Lessa

So by those calculations, I should have over 1000 posts by now...It's not happening LOL

Picture of Vincent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Russell:
Vincent - it took me a grand total of 39 days to make it to bronze (and if all goes well, I'll hit silver before my 2 month anniversary).

I like your numbers better...I still have 20 days to do 410 posts....LOL

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
It took me 50 days to get the 500 # and that's including 4+ quiet days, and that I wasn't posting 25 a day in the first 2 weeks... (only approx. 115 in the first 20 days)

Bronze to Silver in 11 days?? That record may never be beat... I'm happy to be up there, but MAN I don't want to be THAT chatty! There is almost a 300 post gap between Russell and tialessa!

Well this month, I vow to uphold a Top 5 spot, and work my way to Silver... I'm just not gonna do it in 11 days, I've got to work!

[And it's funny the Chat Queen hasn't posted here yet!]

"Hey! No one ruins our family vacations except me!... and maybe the boy!"- Homer Simpson

http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prezkot:
[And it's funny the Chat Queen hasn't posted here yet!]

Well, that's because I work through the board in sequence and I only just got here...

So, most posts AND most topics started, eh? Well, I have to say that if I hadn't had Card Talk in the last month I would have gone totally insane. Real Life (as some of you know) has been nothing short of horrible for me and my family since the beginning of July, and I will freely admit to having used Card Talk in part as therapy to get through it...

What I will say is, despite the spats and arguments with certain individuals, I think this is one of the most articulate, educational and entertaining places I've hung out in for quite some time. Thanks to everyone for making it such a diverse canvas, and I for one hope the diversity continues to increase, and this remains a place for everybody to learn and enjoy the hobby of card collecting.

Smile

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Why are the two of you so shy? Big Grin

Might have something to do with not wanting to blow our trumpets *too* loudly, incase it upsets other board members...?

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post