Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    New Card Talk Categories/Forums
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Card Talk Categories/Forums
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello All:

I've added two new forums tonight and made changes to one existing forum. Here are the changes:

• I've added a User Announcements forum. This would be for posts such as "Sorry for the slow trade responses", "My e-mail has changed", "Congrats Lynne on 600 Posts", etc. These types of things were posted several other places before but mainly in the existing Announcements area, which I feel should be for items specific to Card Talk (such as "Card Talk will be upgraded", "New Categories Added", etc.) Anyone may post in the User Announcements forum.

• I've also changed the existing Announcement forum. Posts in that forum can now be made only by the administrator (me), moderators (todd), and Joanna for the contests. Anyone may respond to those posts.

• I am also adding a kind of catch-all discussion area for off-topic things that don't fall into any of the categories. I sometimes wonder the merits of threads like "What kind of car do you drive?" but I also like the idea of community. So I've added this area. Please don't go too wild with it! After all, bandwidth will still be a concern.

After much consideration, I will be adding an adverting area. I'll be posting about that in a separate post. I also hope to make a few minor changes to the ordering of the forums and categories in the next couple of days.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
The boards wil be much neater because of it Smile

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
...And thank you as well, Dan, for making most of these suggestions and giving me your input.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Another Thanks Harris! from me too!
I agree that "What kind of car do you drive"
didn't fall into any card categorie, but as you said, it promotes
community, which is the main reason I love it here.
Thanks again!

Dobby: still a guy, even though my avatar is Chloe
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Added topic before reading this .
Milestones-posts in Chatter section

Since you said it should go in the new
User Announcement section

Could you move it for me?

I always read the board from top to bottom so I posted before I read this announcement.

Be nice though I left a nice comment for you and NSU!
Wavey

Twinkle, twinkle little star how I wonder who you are?
*Charstar*

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post