Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Look Who's Talking (July 2007)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Look Who's Talking (July 2007)
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the opinions, but as I said many posts ago, I am not interested in making any more changes at this point. I will not be removing post counts or user titles. Like a couple have said, I don't see where it's that big of a deal.

And in some respects, I like having the counts around. I know myself, when I visit another forum, seeing other people's post counts give me an idea if the posts is a newbie or seasoned poster. Of course, there's more to things than then but it does help.

Anyway, I'm going on and on now. I've already deleted a slew of old posts and will be continuing to look for ways to do this without any pain to the community and certainly trying to do so without alienating any one.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I am not a point watcher and reply to posts that either grab my attention and interest, I feel I have something to say or sometimes just when I feel it might bring a smile to someones face. That said If your thinking of scraping the point counts & Karma catagories, can you at least wait until I'ver reach Platignum (that's 5000) Wink
Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
hav we stopped doing the look whos talking now the harris as there wasnt one for august matey. cheers colin

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Colin,
Harris has already answered this on page 3 of this topic.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Bumping for those who missed it. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
As for the LWT report, yes, to be honest, I am still debating whether to keep posting them or not. I feel it's a bit hypocritical of me on one hand to say 'be conservative with your posting' and on the other, say 'here's the community report. Look at all the posts by members x, y, and z.'

On the other hand, getting some of the larger topics deleted and restarted, deleting trade posts, and maybe deleting some of the older discussion posts will probably get us down in the count a good bit without having to worry too much about our posting actions.

Aaaahhh, the internal struggles! Wink

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Thanks Angelina for bumping

I hadn't seen this before, I had wondered why this thread kept being bumped, and this time my curiosity got the better of me.

Personally, I enjoy reading the posts and the banter that goes with them, I don't write very much on them, I probably made the list once!

So Harris, I guess the internal struggle continues.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post