Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Late May Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

We've just posted the poll for late May. This is our second poll this month.

I've just ended the Early May poll which asked whether The X-Men 2 or The Matrix Reloaded will make more money opening weekend and which will do better overall. You can find the result of that poll, and all or our previous polls on the previous polls page. With the numbers out soon for The Matrix Reloaded, it was time to end it now. Let's see if Card Talk'ers are correct about the first part of the question when opening weekend numbers are announced for The Matrix Reloaded. Let's only compare the Fri. - Sun. numbers since otherwise, it wouldn't be fair as The Matrix gets a longer opening weekend then X2. Your further discussion/gloating of the X2 vs. The Matrix poll goes here.

For late May, we want to know your thoughts on the new Garbage Pail Kids set. Though it's already been discussed here on Card Talk a bit, let's see what everyone thinks about GPK stickers coming back. You can vote by either clicking here or using the "Monthly Poll" link at the top of this page.

Once you vote, come back here and discuss it. And let's not get into an argument like last time!

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I've never been a big collector of these. I have a few that I got in a batch of old cards, and bought a couple of packs over the years.

I will probably get some when they come out, don't know if I will pursue the set.

I did buy some years ago for my nephew, who is now an adult. I took a couple of his doubles and mounted them on a cabinet near my desk. One of my co-workers said that was very childish, which of course, was the whole purpose in sticking them up anyway.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
seems like i'm not the only one Wink

"Is it suppost to be stupid?"
"It's not stupid, it's advanced."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them til recently.

Dave

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
and the new ones are even more tasteless than they were, I didnt like them even when I was a kid, I thought they were awful and exploit childrens prejudices and gives them a few more while they are at it

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"Admiral, there be WHALES here!" - Commander Montgomery Scott

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
So not interested.

I hope that those who are enjoy the new set!

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
- Collected "Wacky Packages", but not the GPK. Didn't care for them then and aren't really interested them now, either.

[BTW, this makes 2201, Wave and this without a 2200! announcement.]

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
show off Razz

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Any new set coming out is great and the thing i can never understand is the people who start attacking a set because they don,t like it.

If you like these cards then get out there and buy them and if you don,t, get out there and buy something else.

There, thats told you. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
we're not really attacking the set (setting fire to it maybe), but we just don't see a need for it

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
now that im older and have children of my own I can see why my mom used to freak out over the cards.

The older sets were gross but tame this new series just irks me.

WHAT??! Did everyone Eat their CRAZY flakes This morning? ~XANDER
~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any new set coming out is great and the thing i can never understand is the people who start attacking a set because they don,t like it.

If you like these cards then get out there and buy them and if you don,t, get out there and buy something else.

There, thats told you. Wavey --- wolfman-golf

- Not attacking the set. Wave Just stating (matter-of-factly) that I really don't care for the original set or the new ones coming out. Smokin' Just like I don't care for makeup, football or PDA's, doesn't mean I'm attacking them. Twak Just have no use for them and don't want to purchase them. Wink [And also just trying to answer the Late May poll question. Razz ]

@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There, that,s told me. Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I voted that I didn't know what GPK's are, thought a more correct answer would be that I have a vague idea and if I was shown a selection of cards and asked to pick out the GPK's I'm pretty sure I could.

I'm not really interested in them, as its not the sort of thing that I collect, though I can see how they appeal to children, if they are what I think they are, which I guess they might not be. Confused But I think I'm thinking of the right thing. Smile

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of GPKs either, but I certainly don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to collect them.

And I'm not looking forward to seeing them on the next NSU cover (although it probably won't be as bad as the Meanie Babies cover - got a strange look when I bought that one!). Razz

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Put 'em in the garbage!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. No offense meant to those who collect GPK's. Cool

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post