Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Card Talk Downtime
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card Talk Downtime
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

Card Talk will be down early Wednesday morning (or perhaps very late on Tuesday) for some updates. We are told the update will take approximately 6 hours to complete, with our community inaccessible for up to 2 hours.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Once the forum is back up, we are told there will be a few new neat bells and whistles but when all is said and done, I don't think you'll notice all that many changes.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
thanks for the heads up, but is quite a bummer. I guess I'll survive. Frown

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nooooooo! Big Grin

Hopefully with the time difference I'll actually be at work when this is happening so I won't notice that it's been unavailable.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
We all know of one card talker that will be down by about 300 posts Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
We all know of one card talker that will be down by about 300 posts Big Grin

Gee, I wonder who that will be... Wink

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
That's funny Graham! Big Grin

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Well, it's a little slow in opening pages at present. Sort of usual for me. But, some I've been chatting to have been completely locked out.
Has it started yet?

Whenever someone mentions 'downtime' i still have to come in and see if it works, lol.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can get in now, the changes are small...
But still looks good.

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I notice the colour has vanished from everyones card talk status. They are all in black now.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
I notice the colour has vanished from everyones card talk status. They are all in black now.

I am looking into this as well as the odd sized avatars. Anyone else notice anything odd since the upgrade last night?

To me, everything seems just a little "off"

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I am looking into this as well as the odd sized avatars. Anyone else notice anything odd since the upgrade last night?

I've had several issues with pages not loading & getting server messages about them not being found this afternoon...

It just seems a little slower too...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
This will be my 520th post but in the history (view recent posts)it only says 312.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
It is a little slow, and it feels off for some odd reason.????

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:

I've had several issues with pages not loading & getting server messages about them not being found this afternoon...

I also started having problems last night (10.00 p.m. GMT or whatever the UK is on at the moment). In the end I gave up as I kept getting server/error messages. Everything seems okay this morning though.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
My avatar was huge at one point, then flat and squashed another time, lol!
At present "Gilge's" is narrow and a bit squashed. There's another user - jademalibu (I'm sorry I forgot your name) who's avatar was massive in another topic.

I usually use Mozilla Firefox and had to decrease my text size as the main forum page seemed overly large.

And I noticed last night (my time) there was no colour in this world Wink

Eek I posted this message and my avatar alternates between huge and teeny tiny from forum to forum.
Weird that.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boggle
posted Hide Post
It was slow to log on at first, but now seems to be running fine, however as Star says above, my avatar also ranges from tiny to huge around the boards Eek

"Bored now"

Posts: 271 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boggle
posted Hide Post
As demonstrated above Big Grin Roll Eyes

"Bored now"

Posts: 271 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Everything seems fine now. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Anyone else notice anything odd since the upgrade last night?

I'm viewing in Safari, and the entire layout is, to be frank, utter pants. Everything has a yukky black border around it, the spacing and general layout is appalling... it looks about 300 times worse.

Way to go, Infopop.

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xSaBx:

I'm viewing in Safari,

QUOTE]

Can you get card talk in the jungle then. Big Grin