Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Card Talk Moderators Coming
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card Talk Moderators Coming
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I just want to let everyone know that I hope to have the Moderators set up next week. We've been talking quite a bit behind the scenes and there are still some things to work out but I know we'll work through them as time goes by. The main purpose of the moderators is to look over the various forums for posts that might need moved, contain content that they shouldn't such as buying and selling, flaming, etc. I simply haven't had the time to read all the posts as of late, like I would like to.

The moderators will be able to move and edit posts. They'll be two moderators per forum and their names will be listed at the top of each forum. The moderators will be jon@webjon.com, Kennywood, miket999, mtlhddoc2, pcetodd, Quaint1, StCardGeek, xSaBx, and myself.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I have tried to keep them in mind. Please don't think that Card Talk will turn into some sort of police state....I won't let it. As I said, I just need a little help, especially with all the shows NSU has coming up where I'll be away from the PC for bits.

Thanks all.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
What a Motley Crue you've assembled there, Harris.

OK, I'm off to open up a book in the gambling forum to see which lets the power go to their head first Wink

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCW:

OK, I'm off to open up a book in the gambling forum to see which lets the power go to their head first Wink

Bet you a fiver it won't be allowed. Twak

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Well, it has been rather quiet for the past while. I'm guessing things are about to spice up a bit.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flaming Carrot
posted Hide Post
Could you please define "Flaming". Some of us have a sense of humor others just don't get and I want to keep out of the "Moderators" Crosshairs.

Thanks,
FC

Posts: 255 | Location: California's Central Valley | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hello Mr. Carrot:

From the General Card Talk FAQ

quote:
Q. What is flaming anyway?

Flaming is a personal attack, which is against Card Talk rules.

We all feel passionate about certain things, and we enjoy arguing and discussing them, but going after someone on a personal level is not acceptable.

To show the difference:

Discussion/Argument: "I think you're wrong about the value of that promo. I checked the latest price guide and it's twice what you're saying."

Flame: "You obviously haven't read the NSU guide or a newspaper since 1977, you moronic, ignorant cretin!"

If you have an issue with a member about something that was said, we suggest private email to the moderator (if you think a rule was broken) or the poster.

Hope it helps!

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
All along, I though Flaming was when you lit someones vegetables on fire! Big Grin

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Quote of the Week:

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
All along, I though Flaming was when you lit someones vegetables on fire!

You better be careful Dan, some people might start to think we didn't give you a hard enough time during Comic Con and might start targeting you for more... Roll Eyes

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCW:
quote:
All along, I though Flaming was when you lit someones vegetables on fire!

You better be careful Dan, some people might start to think we didn't give you a hard enough time during Comic Con and might start targeting you for more... Roll Eyes

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Yeah but I have a partner now! We can play good cop/bad cop! (No offense WillGull!!!!)

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Quote of the Week:

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah but I have a partner now! We can play good cop/bad cop!

Oooh, I like the Laurel and Hardy show Wink

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
Hey Raj, you're on! I'll take that bet.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Raj, you're on! I'll take that bet.

Nope, sorry, gambling is not allowed. You're both banned for life. Mwa-haa-haa-haa-haaaaaaaaaaa!
<muffled whispering - what do you mean, I can't do that yet?>
<mutter, mutter, mutter>
<Oh come on! What's the point of being a end of level boss nasty if I can't flex the nastyness occasionally?>

OK, apparently I'm not allowed to punish anyone for any sort of minor infringement...yet.

I'll be watching.

Au Res.,
Evil Mirror Universe Paul (without the beard)

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
I'll be watching.

Harris, are you sure Quaint1 would be a good moderator? He's gonna be "watching", but surely he should be "reading"? You might have to explain it more fully to him Smile

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Oh-Ho! Making fun of the Exalted Ones, eh? <rubs hands with impatient glee>
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul, Do we call you Master Quant1 now?! Smile Razz

"We are all in the gutter, some of us,however, are looking at the stars."

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
Ok, Raj, pay up. You can either send me $$ US or sterling.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Remember, Moderators take a 20% cut on any financial transactions we 'turn a blind eye' to - and I have two semi 'blind' eyes, so I look forward to receiving either $3 or £3 in the mail any time soon... Big Grin

Au Res.,
Paul

p.s. no, you don't need to call me Master Quaint1 - plain old Sir will do just fine!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Plain Old Sir, it is ! Wink

Sometimes I have wonder what we be missing if you all didn't put your 2 cents in the pot?

Sometimes a best friend that doesn't talk back is a good thing!!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ghostrider666:
Ok, Raj, pay up. You can either send me $$ US or sterling.

Plain Old Sir states quite clearly that gambling's not allowed. Now where shall I spend that fiver...

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris said:
quote:
They'll be two moderators per forum and their names will be listed at the top of each forum. The moderators will be jon@webjon.com, Kennywood, miket999, mtlhddoc2, pcetodd, Quaint1, StCardGeek, xSaBx, and myself.

Can you list their real names? If someone has the power to edit my posts, it seems like they shouldn't be able to do it anonymously behind a handle.

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post