Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Time for a new Czar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a new Czar
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted
And so, the time has come for my reign to end and it is only fitting that I hold a contest to choose my successor. I have had much fun playing these games with you all over the past few years, and I will still be around (though, as I've said earlier, not as much) to play more games!

To that end, once all the votes have been tallied for the Summer Contest (COME ON PEOPLE - VOTE ALREADY!!!) you will have one final contest - and one final prize -- the prize, well the grandest prize of all time - the Czardom, of course Smile

SO - GO VOTE for the best, most creative, summer photo, then come back here in a couple weeks to play in the final game.

Your Czarina,
Joanna

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to Joanna for being Czarina for so long. Clap

You have done a great job and will be greatly missed by everyone who enters the contests. Smile

It,s nice to know that you are not going alltogether and will still be around to make sure i don,t win anything. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Is this like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?

Charlie won contest - Got Chocolate Factory.
Someone on card talk wins contest - Gets New Job with all of its benefits! LOL!

Seriously, Joanna, thanks for everything that you do for us here on Card Talk and outside of Card Talk as well. Looking forward to seeing you and the crew at Philly.

Mike Big Grin

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
so does that mean you will be shipping all the prizes over to the new czar;P

or is that one of the perks of the job.

though they will be big shoes to fill Wink

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Hold on a sec... if you hang up your Czarina shoes.... who will send out my Oompa Loompa prize??? Frown

But also seriously, from the bottom of my heart, you are the best.... those shoe's which are being hung will will be way too big for ANYONE to fill!!! The charm, the wit... the humour, the name calling... what will we do once you are no longer our czar?

Alas.... we will miss you!!! A legend has been born!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Eek

So many memories... Well 1 real memory, winning The Saint competition Big Grin

Still got all those cards in my saint binder Thumb Up

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Weeell - after I'm done shipping out the remaining Loompas and the Summer Contest, the prize bin will be pretty empty - I will dutifully send the remaining prizes to the newest Czar (unless they are international, then I'll ship for them) and of course, continue to harass, name call and otherwise bother RupT as a civilian Smile

Of course, I'm kidding - RupT and I are nothing but the best of friends - lord knows, someone on this board might have actually thought I enjoyed torturing people Razz

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Noooo! You can't stop being our contest czar!

Well, you have done such a great job, how can someone fill your wonderful shoes!

Posts: 1952 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Well, this stinks. You were a great contest Czar!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Well, this stinks.

No it doesn't, OWM's gonna go off and get her degree, I think she's entitled to a bit of a rest after all her hard work!

Thanks for all you've done for the Board and best of luck with the studying in the future! Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Well OWM,you get many Thumb Up for all the time and effort put forth into the contests.
Thanks for the mam...ahem Pardon Me I mean memories Big Grin.
Hey at least after your reign is over you will be all silvery Smile

I know,I know...I get a Twak
at least I'll give wolfie a few moments of relief from him always getting Twak'ed.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good luck to the future Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Well, this stinks.

No it doesn't, OWM's gonna go off and get her degree, I think she's entitled to a bit of a rest after all her hard work!

Thanks for all you've done for the Board and best of luck with the studying in the future! Big Grin

My intent XsabX:
It stinks, because she did a great job and now she is moving on. So, I was only stating that I was upset(For a moment)that her time as Czar was up. I knew she was going to college, and I am excited for her.

Sometimes a statement is just a statement of feeling not fact.
"That stinks" was my first reaction when I read that OWM said that she was not going to be the contest czar and I wrote it down. There was no hostile intent behind it. I think OWM is great, super-nice, a good person.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
It was really nice of you to take this on all this time and you've done a terrific job.
Add to that the humor and class you bring to the board - and I'd say we've all benefited by your being here in one way or another - Czar or not. Thanks for your time and efforts.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Maybe she could remain the power behind the new Czar / Czarina's throne ?

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
What a hard act to follow - Many thanks OWM Clap

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
at least I'll give wolfie a few moments of relief from him always getting Twak'ed.

we can't have that now Big Grin

i havn't spoken up yet.....
but now i will.....

well OWM, you've been a great czarina, and i'll be sorry to see your reign end Metal

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
The end of the czarina Frown Shake Head

It just won't be the same.

Never did like Lenin (Or Ringo for that matter)

Thanks for all your time and effort. Perhaps we should all send you somthing for winning first prize in the best Czarina contest Smile

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
.... and of course, continue to harass, name call and otherwise bother RupT as a civilian Smile

Of course, I'm kidding - RupT and I are nothing but the best of friends

Dude, i is gonna miss you LOADS as the Czar Frown ***BIG HUG***

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post