Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Mtlhhdoc2, Be My Guest...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mtlhhdoc2, Be My Guest...
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi:

Just wanted to let everyone know that next week, while I am away at Comic Con, Dan (mtlhhdoc2) will be the guest Moderator for the board. I have asked Dan, due to his nearly 24/7 computer availability, his technical knowledge, and his longtime experience with the board. Many of you would have made great guest Moderators and there were several of you that I could have chosen. I certainly don't mean to slight anyone.

Please don't give Dan a hard time. Be nice and try to get along while I am away at Comic Con. I'll still be around....just not nearly as much. And yes, I do plan to post some pictures of Comic Con show happenings. But if anything needs done during the day on the board, Dan will be taking care of it.

One more thing....Dan knows the magic number (i.e. how many guests there are) becuase I let it slip. And no, he won't tell you either (that mean you Wendi, tialessa, starwolf1001, and especially you, The Mousketeer). Oh, and one more thing Dan....you can tell DC either. Thanks again Dan.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Good choice, Harris, I'm sure Dan will be an excellent guest moderator. That being said, don't let us down, Dan, the pressure is on! As they said on Airplane!, "Good luck, we are all counting on you!". Actually, I wil be in San Diego also, so I won't know how things are going until I get back, but I'm sure you will make us proud. If not, we will pick on you at Philly!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
Harris Eek

us give Dan a hard time? Eek

wouldn't think of it Smile

hey?
is Harris gone yet?
Da-an, come out to pla-ay Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I will do in my reign... errrr, I mean my filling in... is to find a way to reset MiniMe back to zero posts! LOL

I dont expect to have to do too much except watch over and make sure everything stays generally within the boundaries that have been set. If anyone has any questions or need a post moved or whatever, I am available at d.donovan@cox.net pretty mch 24/7 like Harris said Smile

Thanks for the support guys Smile

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"It amazes me how people are so concerned with how fast their car goes from Zero to Sixty, yet dont care how fast it goes from Sixty to Zero!" - ME

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
Looks like Dan managed to get a title under his user name after all.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris
Have a great trip.
enjoy your self.

Thanks for the WARNING

I will be on vacarion from card tak to you get back.

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Whoops....As was just pointed out to me by one of our more astute Talk'ers....My above post should have said "Oh, and one more thing Dan....you can't tell DC either."

If you tell her..... Twak...and if you tell the Mousey Mouseketeer.... Twak Twak

Card Master~ Sorry you feel that way. But Dan will treat you fairly. I promise. Just don't keep saying how much you dislike and/or distrust dealers or he might not be able to contain himself.

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Hey! I don't think I should be punished for my natural curiosity. Frown

(Maybe for the whining, but not my curiosity! Big Grin)

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
I think it's a great idea and a perfect choice. That was the first thing I noticed when I got here tonight, mtlhddoc2 in bold dark letters at the who's logged in area.

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
One more thing....Dan knows the magic number (i.e. how many guests there are)

Am I missing something here? The only "magic number" that I can think of is how many we have until member 1000...is there another contest going on I don't know about or is it just all the crack I'm smoking? Wink [JOKE!]

-Bob-

"Future events such as these will affect YOU in the future!"

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only "magic number" that I can think of is how many we have until member 1000

Bob, that IS the magic number Harris was referring to - and once he's out of the way, we'll see what Dan's price is... Big Grin

Dan, So, the tyranny of Harris has finally been broken - only to be replaced by the Tyranny of Dan! Good luck, and if you need any support from a Silver...
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
One more thing....Dan knows the magic number (i.e. how many guests there are) becuase I let it slip. And no, he won't tell you either (that mean you Wendi, tialessa, starwolf1001, and especially you, The Mousketeer). Oh, and one more thing Dan....you [can't] tell DC either.

So let me get this straight. Harris has strictly forbidden telling the member count to Wendi, tialessa, starwolf1001, The Mouseketeer and DC. He didn't mention the rest of us and if you read his post it actually doesn't cover everyone. He qualifies who "you" is by listing people in the brackets.

What happens if we reach 1000 during the week? Does Dan have the power to reveal the winner? I really need to go post a guess on the member count before it's too late and Dan tells us all the current total.

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I wont reveal the number, even if it goes over 1000 members. This is Harris' party and Im not going to spoil it for him Smile

Which reminds me... I need to ship a package to Joanna!

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"It amazes me how people are so concerned with how fast their car goes from Zero to Sixty, yet dont care how fast it goes from Sixty to Zero!" - ME

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Dan....
Have I ever told you that you are my HERO.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

No really you are my favorite poster.

uh when nobody's reading/looking,you know where to email me and we can talk.

Cool

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Bernie...
Collect what you need and trade what others need.

If you would like to view my want/have lists,then go to my trading site at the following.

http://community-1.webtv.net/bgarza/SpiderGoblins/

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
First thing.....

I will do in my reign... errrr, I mean my filling in... is to find a way to reset MiniMe back to zero posts! LOL --- Mtlhddoc

- No biggie. I'd probably STILL manage to pass you by the time the Fall Philly Show came around. Big Grin Razz

- Besides ... when the next time a Guest (or permanent) Moderator's spot opens up, I'd just return the favor. Eek Big Grin [Just kidding. We wouldn't want to let Paul reach Platinum Level before us, would we? Wink Big Grin ]

- Remember, as a wise man once said ...

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility." Wink Thumb Up

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
[Just kidding. We wouldn't want to let Paul reach Platinum Level before us, would we?

Paul would... Big Grin

Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I hope everyone has a blast at SDCC! We'll have fun here tormenting, er, talking with Dan Smile

Bring back lots of stories & pictures!!!!!!!!!

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Harris,
I am hurt to think you would think we would try to get this info out of Dan.

Dan...email sent Wink

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
I wont reveal the number, even if it goes over 1000 members.

Read literally, this post indicates we haven't hit 1000 members yet.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
Which reminds me... I need to ship a package to Joanna!
QUOTE]

But then the above sentence appears to contradict the prior. Hmm, either sly misdirection or reckless abandon. Fun, nevertheless, as I love a good mystery. Smile

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post