Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Embedding a YouTube Clip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Embedding a YouTube Clip
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
A recent YouTube update changed the default video embed format, which makes the forum's embed command incompatible. This will be updated soon, but in the interim, here's a a workaround tip from the developer that will allow Card Talk posters to continue embedding YouTube videos:

1. Select the YouTube video you want, and click Embed

2. Choose "use old embed code" (as highlighted in the image below)

3. Copy and paste the code as usual into Eve

YouTube notes that if you have cookies enabled in your browser, you will only have to check the "use old embed code" option once, and it will be remembered for future embed codes you generate.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
The only bit that confuses me Harris is instruction 3.
What if you don't know anyone called Eve?

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:
The only bit that confuses me Harris is instruction 3.
What if you don't know anyone called Eve?

Ba dum bum! Funny man, that NIK is.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

(I honestly don't know what 'Eve' is)

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Sorry NIK, I really thought you were joking.

Eve is the name of the Card Talk software. You can pretty much substitute "Card Talk" for "Eve". So where they say to place the code on Eve, you can place the code on Card Talk.

Please let me know if you have any trouble doing this. It works fine so long as you make sure to click the box that says use old embed code, like they say in step #2.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by H_Toser:
Sorry NIK, I really thought you were joking.
[QUOTE]

It's half and half. I didn't know what Eve was so I made a joke out of it.
I'm glad you explained it though, there may have been other's that also didn't know.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:
I'm glad you explained it though, there may have been other's that also didn't know.

I would definitely be one of those "others" Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What's YouTube?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post