Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Phyllis Reighter has passed away....

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/881604453/m/2697046526

October 30, 2012, 02:45 PM
H_Toser
Phyllis Reighter has passed away....
Hi All:

We received some sad news today from Frank Reighter. Phyllis Reighter has passed away. As many know, Frank and Phyllis started the Philly Non-Sports Card Show and ran it for many, many years. NSU began co-running the show with the Reighters starting with the 47th (Oct '07) show and now run the show on our own.

Below is part of the email we received from Frank. We are very sad to learn of this.

Harris Toser
Non-Sport Update

Phyllis was born April 19, 1941 in Philadelphia as Phyllis Jean Boehmler. She had a younger sister, Doris, who is deceased. She and Frank Reighter married September 22, 1962. On Their 50th Wedding Anniversary (September 22, 2012) Phyllis was admitted to Aria-Torresdale Hospital in Philadelphia. She later developed pneumonia and passed away peacefully at 6:45 AM on Sunday October 28, 2012.

Phyllis was the lady that helped make the Three Stooges Fan Club meetings and Conventions possible. She tirelessly handled the yearly banquets, and in the earlier years, the admission tables, often with the additional help of her father Charles Boehmler ("Charley"). She made many long and lasting friendships with the fans, and saw several generations of family enjoy the annual gatherings.

She was also active in the Bensalem Historical Society, Newportville Historical Society and the Tacony Historical Society. Anyone that would like to make a donation in her memory, can send a check in her memory to the Bensalem Historical Society, 3211 Knights Road, Bensalem, PA. 19020.

October 30, 2012, 03:26 PM
wolfie
Very sad news Harris, obviously i never met her but from what you say she must have been quite a lady over the years.

The Philly show will live on in her memory.It would be nice to do an in - memorium card at the next show

October 30, 2012, 03:42 PM
hammer
We have the Philly show to remember her by and WHAT a show. Thoughts are with Frank.

RIP Phyllis
October 30, 2012, 03:55 PM
silmapco
RIP Phyllis
October 30, 2012, 05:22 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
So very sad. Frown
October 30, 2012, 05:29 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
So Sorry to hear this. She was a very nice woman. My condolences to Frank.

October 30, 2012, 05:35 PM
MikeFitz
I'm very sorry to hear this, Frank.
My thanks to you both for all your efforts over the years.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

October 30, 2012, 07:56 PM
WandringRebel
Wow. Such sad news. My condolences to Frank.

October 30, 2012, 10:25 PM
BILLZEE
So very sorry to hear this... I have such nice memories of seeing her at the earlier "Philly shows".
My sympathies go out to Frank and family at this very difficult time.
October 31, 2012, 08:15 AM
Bill DeFranzo
I'm glad that we had the opportunity to honor her achievements within the card collecting community at the 50th Anniversary PNSCS.

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
October 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
miket999
As am I Bill D., my thoughts go out to Frank and his family. Phyllis (and of course Frank) contributed a lot to our collecting community.

RIP Phyllis.

Mike.
October 31, 2012, 12:07 PM
barobehere
I only had the honor to meet Phyllis once. She was a lovely lady. Tell Frank that we all wish him the best during this trying time, Harris.