Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Over 10 Years of Card Talk
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over 10 Years of Card Talk
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Tomorrow (November 29) marks the 10 Year Anniversary of this iteration of NSU Card Talk. We actually started Card Talk several years prior to that using other software solutions but Card Talk, as it currently exists, using the UBB.x/Eve platform from Infopop/Groupee/Social Strata, was started 10 years ago. Our first members were Quaint1 (Paul), STCardGreek (Lynne) and our Editor-in-Chief, Alan Biegel (using an ID that he no longer uses).

So...Happy Birthday to us. Big Grin Feel free to send gold watches, trophies, dishware, cash, rotten tomatoes, or whatever you feel is appropriate. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your 10th year anny Dance

A very appreciative thanks to The Toser's for all the work involved to keep this lil ole site going as well as all the boh staffers,many THANKS Smile

Nice to see The Originals still around Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well, I was late to this party, but Card Talk is addictive, as well as being informative and a lot of fun.

I second what spidy said, Happy Anniversary. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that's a great milestone!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
In addition to myself, the three members mentioned above joined the "new" forum on November 29 + 30. Members who joined in December of 2000 and who are still active today include andynova, Byrna, Cathy, Don Norton, Robert Kohlbus, webergroup, and xtime.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary - What would we do without you Clap Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Nice to see The Originals still around Big Grin

Do I get to wear a cape as one of The Originals? Smile

Seriously, congratulations to Card Talk for lasting this long (and, in fact, a little longer - I dimly remember the pre-2000 version!)
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
10 years & still going strong. I'm just a newbie (relatively) but I've made some friends and locked horns a couple of times Wink but where would we be without you ?

Congratulations Card Talk Cool

Here's to the next 10 !!!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the milestone.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Congrats on 10 years!!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary to all!

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to everyone connected with the forum on it's 10 years of success. Clap

A lot of work by a lot of people has gone into making this forum what it is today and i would like to take this oppoutunity to thank them all. Thumb Up

There is of course one massive reason why the forum is the success it is today but modesty prevents me from saying what it is. Big Grin

Here's to the next 10 years, hope everyone enjoy's them as much as i have enjoyed the first 10. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Has it only been 10 years?
Card Talk is my favorite, and I come on line to check what's going on several times a day.

10 years calls for something special - a promo card, maybe...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on 10 years

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Card Talk, wish you another 100 years!

Very happy to come here and learn things everything day on this hobby Smile

Wish to have the time to create a mock up for this event Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool! Thanks, Harris!!! Dance

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Well done!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Cool Big Grin

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
How did I miss this..........??????????? Must be the ole eyeballs getting crossed. Eek Eek Anyway, Happy Anniversary !!!!!!! Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's been 10 years! I've been getting NSU for so long that I never really thought of when CT started! I was a lurker for over a year before I registered! lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post