Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    CONTEST COMING
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CONTEST COMING
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted
This week... What will be required of you? Only that you come prepared for a challenge Eek

And the chance to win fame and fortune! Okay, maybe not a fortune, but a nice prize Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Some day, I am actually going to know the answer, and win. That is the day you will have Dick Tracey cards for a prize Big Grin

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Awww.. You spoiled the surprise!

Just Kidding Wink I can't tell you what the prize is - that's just no fun.. Don't you like a little mystery?

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm with Dobby, I've not had a clue on any contest yet! Frown

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I've been able to solve one contest, but boy was it a difficult one...

Looking forward to seeing what the quest is this time Big Grin

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I just hope that I know how to read the rules. That last post you had on the sell sheets was a little difficult for me. (Gee, was I supposed to post on-line or e-mail you?) Wink

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
Yeah--a contest!! Hopefully I know something about this to participate----and hopefully can read also....But I'll probably be late....

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Meander:
Yeah--a contest!! Hopefully I know something about this to participate----and hopefully can read also....But I'll probably be late....

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
This week... What will be required of you? Only that you come prepared for a challenge

Damn, so that means the 'Write your Name' Challenge isn't this week, then?

That's me finished, then.

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
I liked those tick-a-box multiple choice tests in school because the laws of probability (and a bit of guess work) let me look as if I was smart Razz

c
d
a
a
b
c
e
b
c

Aahhh, Beer! – The cause of, and solution to all our problems.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Multiple Choice, eh? I might swing one or two multiple choice questions in there for you - and it would help if you knew names (not necessarily you're own though)

And in this instance Reading the Questions thoroughly just might help Wink but being on-time is not nearly as relevant - just come prepared whenever you get there Smile

Since I didn't have access to CT yesterday or part of today, the contest will probably be later this week or next Tuesday since *I* need to prepare Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Multiple Choice, eh? I might swing one or two multiple choice questions in there for you - and it would help if you knew names (not necessarily you're own though)

Rut-roh.....I'm bad with names.......
I like the multi-choice concept

quote:
being on-time is not nearly as relevant - just come prepared whenever you get there Smile

Look 007--she's looking out for me!!! Big Grin Wink

quote:
since *I* need to prepare Wink

Rut-roh again!! We're in trouble now!!!

JUST because the Eagles lost doesn't mean you have to take it out on us now does it!!!!??? Big Grin

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Mmm.. yes, yes it does Meander Smile Can't very well take it out on my poor defenseless babies... So, y'all will just have to suffice!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mmm.. yes, yes it does Meander Smile Can't very well take it out on my poor defenseless babies... So, y'all will just have to suffice!
Your cruel OWM, i LIKE IT. But ca you go easy on me? Its my B-DAY. Elephant Dance Sheep How about james bond related questions? Big Grin

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Hmm... okay, but just one Smile HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU Wink Btw.. Thanks for the gift- it was lovely (and for those of you thinking bad thoughts - it was not a bribe Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
I hope i sent it right, i dont send things very often. Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOUBLEooSEVEN:
quote:
Your cruel OWM, i LIKE IT.

I kinda Like it too....

Now I know how she became a Czar!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOUBLEooSEVEN:
Its my B-DAY. Elephant Dance Sheep

Dude---Happy B-Day!!! Hope it is an enjoyable Day & Night!! Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Thanks buddy. Wink

Picture of TalladegaBrad
posted Hide Post
Most of these contests come and go before I ever get a chance to participate! Frown

I would like it better if the contests were held open for a few days and then everyone's answers tallied up at the end! It usually works out so that if you aren't watching the board the day the contest is announce, then you're out of luck!

How about having a deadline for answers, and then reveal the winner, instead of making the winner the FIRST person to get it right? That way, those folks that hang out on the board for 4 or 5 hours per day won't win all of the contests! Big Grin

"All we are is dust in the wind." Kansas circa 1977

Posts: 161 | Location: Birmingham Alabama | Registered: November 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post