Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    January's Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January's Poll
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

We've just posted the poll for January. With the New Year just rolling around, this time we are asking which series you are most looking forward to in the coming year. Although this has recently been discussed (here), I thought it would make a good subject for our "formal" monthly poll. Unlike most of our previous polls, this time around, you may choose more than one response. Let us know your choices.

To vote, click here or use the "Monthly Poll" link at the top of this page.

Once you have voted, come back here and discuss it. Or let us know which series you think will be the big sellers and why for 2003. Have we missed the series you are most looking forward to? If so, tell us about those too.

If you'd like to view results of our previous polls, click here.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Well I put down the 3 I'm practically drooling over. 1- Buffy Relationships 2- Buffy Season 7 3- Charmed series II. Several others will be fun but these will be what I go all out on.

PS- Shouldn't Terminator 3 actually be Terminator 2? As far as I can recall it's the T-2 cards being released just before the T-3 movie comes out (though you'd think that a T-3 set should soon follow).

Go mbeirimid beo ar an am seo aris. (May we be alive at the same time next year)
--Old Irish toast

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Kennywood: Hey, I think this is the second time that you've had trouble with the monthly poll. Right? Which link are you using? And could you try refreshing when you get to the page with the poll on it. Or clearing your cache, maybe. Contact me off line if you want.

Incarnadine~ No, T3 is correct. Comic Images has the Terminator 3 license. Last I heard, though, both Inkworks and Artbox will be doing Terminator 2 series a few months before the new movie (T3: The Rise of the Machines) is released. I only included T3 in the poll as I felt anticipation will probably be higher for the card set based on the new movie. I'm not sure if that is acurate but that's my thinking.

Thanks for voting.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Ah, I did not know about comic images doing T-3. I usually only check the Inkworks and Rittenhouse sites since they probably account for 99% of the products I buy. I guess I should check it out.

Go mbeirimid beo ar an am seo aris. (May we be alive at the same time next year)
--Old Irish toast

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
do you use the AOL browser or a secondary one?

WHAT??! Did everyone Eat their CRAZY flakes This morning? ~XANDER

~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
that was me up there!
Thats what we get for not closing all windows before leaving the PC

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"When our friends start killing people, we help them, thats what we do" - Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 10-22-02

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I am most anxious for the Planet of the Apes. Without a doubt one of the BEST sci-fi series ever. I mean, come on; a world where apes evolved from man? Charlton Heston smoking in zero gravity? Inter-species love? Ricardo Montelbon? Paul Williams? Sheriff Lobo? What more could a person want?! I seriously love the Apes and of all the sets on the poll, that's the one I want more than any.

-Todd

"Do not judge me by my appearance; rather, judge me by the bugs I eat."

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I selected four:

Star Trek Animated, which just tickles me to death. Even though the show was pretty uneven in quality, as someone else said I thought it was really cool that the actors from the show did the cartoon.

Complete Star Trek DS9: I thought that the Skybox set was pretty good, but I'm itching to see this show get the Rittenhouse treatment.

Farscape Season 4: Just gotta keep my collection going. I'm not saying that as a bad thing, mind you; I still love this show. I'm really, really waiting for the inevitable Complete Farscape set. Big Grin

Scooby-Doo Mysteries and Monsters: I can't say I'm a huge fan, but Scooby-Doo and I premiered within 4 days of each other, so I've got a soft spot in my heart for him. Also, I'd love to get the autograph cards of the cast, and maybe a sketch card. (Chynna Clugston-Major! Read "Blue Monday", her comic book!)

-Bob-

"I'd take a bullet for safety."

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of xst
posted Hide Post
1. Stargate SG-1 Season 5 (which is not in the selection list)
2. Disney Authentic; Where, oh, where is it???
3. ST DS9 Complete: Yayyyyy!
4. ST Animated: Double Yaaaaaayyyyy!

Happy Stargating!

Posts: 1395 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
In release date order

STARGATE SG-1 Season 5 (Which was left out of the poll choices. But hey, it's Stargate SG-1 Big Grin )

STAR TREK: THE ANIMATED SERIES (Never saw the episodes till I was at the Museum of Radio and Television for their Salute to Star Trek Exhibit and saw a few episodes there. Gotta get this set to catch up. Smile )

HIGHANDER (Gotta have a compact way of keep tabs on all those IMMORTALS Wink )

THE COMPLETE STAR TREK: DS9 (Best ST show up to date. Can't wait for the Rittenhouse treatment )

CHARMED SERIES 2 (Listed last as it has no release date as of yet, and as Series 2 since it's unknown how many seasons the set will cover. Love the show and the smart/strong and sassy women on the show. Big Grin)

[I'm going to be getting all the sets on the Jan poll (with the exception of Disney Authentics), but my most anticiapted sets are listed above.]

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never intefere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kurgen
posted Hide Post
STA,DS9,and the Highlander series are on the top of my book, although i'm sure i'll dabble in more than those also. I think the Complete DS9 will be my first bought card case though.Smile

Kurgen

Posts: 124 | Location: SPFLD. MA. USA | Registered: December 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. LOTR, Buffy and Star Trek leading the pack. Who would have guessed? Roll Eyes

--Old Irish toast

Picture of JJohnson
posted Hide Post
Lord of the Rings - Return of the King set, Highlander and more Xena in 2003 (even though it wasn't on the list of choices). Smile

Posts: 96 | Location: Manistee, MI USA | Registered: April 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'm a little late voting in this poll (and by the way, apparently, I'm the winner of the free DVD..or at least it said that along with some flasing red bars..caused me to have a seizure, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said..tehehehehe)
For me, it's TAS. I know people think I'm odd,but I don't collect DS9, so that ones out for me. I'm also looking foreward to the next Enterpirse Season II cause surely they'll relent and give me Bakula's signature this time cause I've been a very good girl this year so far!!!
But, TAS rocks..any original fan will tell you it came out at a time when there wasn't anything else Trek to watch and we die-hards sooooaked it up. It had production people fmailiar with Trek, great sci-fi writers and I consider it as much a Trek as anything else Trek. A full set decoated to it enthralls me. I'd love to get the series, but it's onlt out on tape and I'm waiting for the DVD!!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Darn, I guess you can only vote once. I put down the 2 buffy sets and charmed but I just realized Angel season 4 could be as good as any of them since the possibility of Gwen and Faith autos and pieceworks exists. Mmmmm, nummy treats. Big Grin

Doh! A beer! I want a beer....
Ray, the guy who buys me beer.
Me, the guy who Ray buys beer...
Far, the way to go for beer.
So, I think I'll have a beer...
La, la la la la la la.ea?
No thanks I'll have a beer...
And that brings us back to Doh! doh! doh!
-- Homer Simpson

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Is there something wrong with the January poll? I've tries to check the current results twice today and got a blank page both times.

Fear accompanies the possibility of death.
Calm shepherds its certainty.

posted Hide Post
i believe the machines have taken over reality. someone call neo (keanu reaves). "the matrix: reloaded" and "the matrix:revolutions" must be put on the january poll or agent smith will come knocking at your door.

Posts: 293 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: January 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Well it appears to be working again although the total votes are still at 1276.

Fear accompanies the possibility of death.
Calm shepherds its certainty.