Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    "Card Master" Pleads Guilty
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Card Master" Pleads Guilty
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

As I said at the beginning of this, please, let's not let this one get out of control. I see it starting to spiral already.

Also, let's try and not come to make any claims you don't know to be true to spread false information. For example, it wasn't a "distributor" that cards were stolen from, as stated above. And it wasn't just cards that were stolen, also as stated incorrectly above. There was also some display material taken. You'd have to look at the complete inventory that the companies filed to be certain.

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I'm still floored he would have done that.... I totally misread him. Shake Head

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder how he got caught?????
Maybe when he did the crime, he felt bad, so he tries to off load the stuff to avoid getting caught......
What he may have done, was put the promo's in the trade section for example.... Women of Bond in Motion P1.... the card company comes along and looks in the trade section.... sees them and then wonders..... I am not saying he did this but at the end of the day it's sad Frown
I am sad this has happened, I have had cards stolen from me and it hurts, I sympathise with RA and Inkworks, I also sympathise with Card Master, but it does make you wonder why????
When I had some cards stolen, I was not sure and came up with rational explenations.... Only way I knew, I caught the guy selling them at a fair, I did wonder why, but then again I felt sorry for my friend as to why he could stoop so low!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Report This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I was at this show on Friday and Sat.

I remember talking with Doug from Inkworks shortly after the cardtalk breakfast.
I remember that the following was taken from the Inkworks booth.
All the promo cards to be handed out.
A complete master set of Buffy Season 7(all autos/pieceworks) and Smallville season 2.
All the signage. They had these really nice large display pieces for Alias, Buffy, Smallville, and something else.

I forgot all that was taken from Rittenhouse.

I've known for a few years too that it was Ben.
Glad to see that this is going to be resolved for Inkworks/Rittenhouse.

And I sat next to him at that particular Card Talk meeting. In fact, I had a picture of him and me together at the CT meeting on my web site for some time after the meeting, until I learned that Ben was involved with the thefts. The picture came down quickly after that...

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What I dont understand is how he got away with a flmain' lot of cards like that?!
All those cards, just slipped into his jacket?! Red Face

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's fairly obvious from what Harris says that the people in this thread who think they know what happened don't so it may be wise for them to stop saying they do.

This whole affair is tragic for everyone concerned and that includes Ben who must have had a brainstorm to do such a thing.

I personally think this thread should be closed before someone says something they may regret.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
What I dont understand is how he got away with a flmain' lot of cards like that?!
All those cards, just slipped into his jacket?! Red Face

I am not sure how much can be openly discussed, but my understanding is that all of this happened after the show had closed for the evening.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Report This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
There are more details in the Philly Show thread (the Fall show in 2003) - but those are the details that were announced at the show.

The thefts happened in the evening, after the show had closed for the night...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still it's very sad Frown

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Just caught this thread, I an SHOCKED Eek .
I remember reading about the theft, it pushed up the price of the Bond:WiM Promos at memorabilia that year.

I am especiallly shocked and dismayed that it was a CardTalker responsible.

I hope this doesn't affect the way that Inkworks & RA view & treat members of this board.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. where is their a complete listing of all items alleged missing and who they were taken from? That could probably put this all into true perspective. Maybe i was wrong, maybe it did financially cripple people. i was under the impression the lose was under 15k worth of material (not counting potential collector value of promotional material). where can i read more about the facts in the case?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Report This Post

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Excuse me????
What exaclty is your point and why does it matter if YOU can read up on the facts of this case?
Stuff was stolen, someone was charged and someone was found guilty. Pretty sure it doesn't need your stamp of approval.
I dont' care of he stole a single pack of cards. It was wrong and he was treated according.
Bet if it had been YOUR stuffm you'd ne more annoyed.
PS Harris, I quit. There is no way I"m gonna be a moderator and have to read this and not be allowed to be as annoyed as I feel. Z, you are intentionally rude and assuming the worst of the card companies. Grow up.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Report This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
wow Frown

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I am not getting into details, but I too heard soon afterwards who the suspect was and was sadened too hear this. I knew Ben from CT as a bit of an odd duck, but truly felt that he was harmless. It is sad to hear that this has been confirmed.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
Excuse me????
What exaclty is your point and why does it matter if YOU can read up on the facts of this case?
Stuff was stolen, someone was charged and someone was found guilty. Pretty sure it doesn't need your stamp of approval.
I dont' care of he stole a single pack of cards. It was wrong and he was treated according.
Bet if it had been YOUR stuffm you'd ne more annoyed.
PS Harris, I quit. There is no way I"m gonna be a moderator and have to read this and not be allowed to be as annoyed as I feel. Z, you are intentionally rude and assuming the worst of the card companies. Grow up.

Hi Guys:

I was afraid this would happen.

Lynne, I agree with everything you said. I was just about to post the same thing. Zhamalau~ Why do you feel you are owed a list of items stolen or any more information then has already been supplied?

I've had enough too and will close this thread and ask that the matter be laid to rest. Batman was correct, when he said we should move on.

Oh, and Lynne, sorry but I don't accept your resignation. Big Grin

Harris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post