Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    New Forum - Set Building
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Forum - Set Building
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

Based on popular demand (see these threads: "Just A Thought" and Trading Cards Specific Set Topics), I have added a new forum for members to make trade in a "set building" method rather then having to look through list after list of things that may or may not apply.

I know there are some who did not want this. Let's give it a try and see how it works. If it's a disaster, it can always be scrapped later. But I agree with the majority opinion that its a good idea. Of course, you can revolt and continue to do your trading the old way by posting in post the newer and older card forums. Big Grin

Harris

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Is this new forum for brand new release sets only or are older sets okay as well?

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brimaster:
Is this new forum for brand new release sets only or are older sets okay as well?

Well, since we are giving it a try, I'd say new sets only for now. At least for the first few days or so. Let's just see if it works. Obviously it's more likely that there will be a lot of activity with a brand new release then an older one.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think you could do with a 'sticky'post like there is in the Box breakdown's forum which says in what format the subject of the post should be.

Also - I'm pretty sure this isn't possible as I asked about it for the box breakdown forum - but once there are a few sets on there it would be very useful if they could be in alphabetical order.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
To echo starwolf from the new Promo forum "Cool" Smile

I like new things Big Grin

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Brimaster:

Well, since we are giving it a try, I'd say new sets only for now. At least for the first few days or so.

Okay one other question can you define "new". Is it like 2002 to present or?

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Yah - cause I'm trying to build sets from a little while ago for Alexander Smile and I can hardly wait for it to be my turn!!!!!!!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Or, how about just as it is for the main trading forums?
You could have separate sub-forums:
Card Trading - Set Building (1989 and Previous)
Card Trading - Set Building (1990 to Present)

Or would that be too confusing and long-winded?

Just a thought I had. Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Alrighty, then. Just go for it with whatever and we'll see how it works. For now, I definitely think one forum is enough but if it gets enough activity, then we can add a second one for older cards, as Star suggests.

The reason I was trying to stick to newer sets is that I figured that's where the most activity would be and that there might not even be multiple people here building older sets to warrant the trade post being here rather then the other trade forum. If that makes any sense.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I am so excited for this!!!! Clap

I have so much work to do when I get home so I can get lots of sets completed now!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wendi,

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Kick me out of that forum before I post anymore topics, lol!

Why am I still online at 3am? Confused

Big Grin

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Why am I still online at 3am? Confused

insomnia, bored, wired on caffine, afraid of alien abductions, are any of these the answer? Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Am I too much of a perfectionist when I suggest no caps in the titles, and small things like a gap between the title and manufacturer?
I also see one that has the manufacturer first putting it out of order to the rest, lol.

Go on, Twak me if you think I'm too picky Razz

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't think you're too picky. Smile

For example - I think the titles should be standardized in some way. For instance if everyone uses Season rather than Season and Series the sets will be set out in order of release.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Harris,
Great idea! Wish I had thought of it.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
If this forum structure is popular and older sets are added later, it might be worth grouping a few sets instead of having each set separate (eg DC comics 1991 to 1996) and the first post could list all the sets that are relevant. I agree that older sets would have much lower activity, but people who collect a one set in a gorup would very likely collect others in the group. This approach would keep the number of forums down a little.

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I too much of a perfectionist when I suggest no caps in the titles, and small things like a gap between the title and manufacturer?
I also see one that has the manufacturer first putting it out of order to the rest, lol.

Well maybe you are too picky, I too am the same - I winced when I saw all the nicely organised and structured titles, and then a couple without the year, or in caps, without a space, etc... as you mentioned - perhaps the mods can help all us Obs/Comp people here in trading land and make a couple adjustments!? Big Grin

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
So a collector that has to have a master set of their personal choice is an Obs/Comp person....uh nevermind Big Grin
I have to re-organize my collection again for the umpteenth time this week Eek

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've worked on the titles in both the Box Breakdown and Set Building forums a couple times (more so on the ones in the box breakdown forum). I just did so again.

If anyone has any specific corrections, post them here and I'll see about getting them fixed or having one of the Mod's do it.

Harris

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
If anyone has any specific corrections, post them here and I'll see about getting them fixed or having one of the Mod's do it.

Box Breakdown forum - can "Art and Images of Xena: Warrior Princess" be changed to "Xena: Warrior Princess, Art and Images"?? Pretty please?

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post