Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2015 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So... 3 out of 4 for me this weekend after Denver squeaks by. I don't like the way they looked though. They're going to have to play a lot better if they're going to beat New England next weekend.

I'll make my prediction now. I'm picking both road teams next weekend. New England vs Arizona in the Super Bowl.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
My Super Bowl Prediction:

Cardinals VS. Denver

Denver winning the Super Bowl.

I would like to see Palmer and Fitzgerald win the Super Bowl, but this will most likely be the last season for Manning and I would like to see him go out a Super Bowl Champion.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Went 6 out of 8.

I think this is Manning's last season also, but I don't think they lose to the Patriots because of him. The Broncos just didn't look that good all around. The Patriots are not an unbeatable team by any means, the other teams just keep playing them that way. Patriots beat Broncos.

If the Seahawks had 3 more minutes it would have been overtime, I'm sure of that, but the clock ran out. I am not in love with the Panthers and would not pick them except for the dismal showing of Carson Palmer. He was lucky to win his first playoff game, very bad decisions on throws. It gets harder now, so I will take the home advantage. Panthers beat Cardinals.

If that pans out and it's Patriots vs. Panthers in the Super Bowl, hate to say it, but Patriots win with fully inflated balls. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Patriots will win because they allways find a way to win when it matters.

Carolina should win but it could go either way, tweetie birds will have learnt a lot from Sunday.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This Denver - New England game is very bizarre so far. It's currently 17-12 Denver with 2:35 to go in the 3rd quarter. Peyton Manning has outplayed Tom Brady. I feel like Denver is completely dominating the game and yet hanging on for dear life at the same time. Confused

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, Denver won 20-18 and they deserved it. Their defense was just suffocating. And Manning did just enough. I really hope Belichick has to answer for not kicking that field goal on 4th down with about 6 1/2 minutes remaining. I understand Denver's defense was dominating but there was way too much time left to act that desperate.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Patriots will win because they allways find a way to win when it matters.

Even when i knew they had lost i still expected them to find some way of winning. Big Grin

Denver defence was awesome. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Happy surprise, I didn't think the Broncos had it in them.

The Panthers seem to be on the verge of a rout. Unless they get lazy and let the Cardinals back in the game like they almost did last week.

Broncos vs Panthers would be perfect for press, old QB king vs young QB king. I hate these two weeks, all talk, no action.

Game not done yet, but I think it will go that way without a major 2nd half reversal.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Time for my Super Bowl prediction. I'm rooting hard for Peyton Manning, although this HGH story is starting to bother me and it could severely tarnish his legacy if it turns out to be true. And I really dislike Cam Newton, mainly because of his antics. But I feel that Carolina will win. Denver's defense will have to win this game and I'm not sure they're going to be able to shut down the best offense in football the way Carolina is rolling right now. Carolina wins 27-20.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know why it is necessary to tarnish the Super Bowl two years in a row. Manning was hurt and not playing in 2011. I don't know what he did or didn't do to enable him to come back and play. Does the NFL not know what the trainers and doctors pump into these football players so that they can come back every week and compete? Of course they do, they know exactly.

I suppose all that is good because they are approved, legal drugs and they have a concussion protocol now. It is the highest form of hypocrisy to say that they can run out injured players on drugs, but an injured player can't try everything in his power to get well enough to recover. If it is true that HGH might have been used, Manning was not cheating in games, he was trying to get healthy. I do consider that to be a different issue than someone who wants to win a batting crown.

Plus, whether its baseball or football, what player has ever been convicted of these charges? Not Bonds. Not Rodriquez. Not McGuire. Not Clemons. They spend millions of dollars on investigations and no one is charged with any crime. The worst that happens is that they lose votes for the Hall of Fame.

And NFL investigations are a real joke, be it rule infractions or domestic violence. They couldn't even find out what happened to the air in their footballs. Big Grin

So I hope Manning and the Broncos do win and let's see if they dare to try to tarnish his career.

Objectively speaking, the Panthers will likely win.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Hoping Manning and Denver win and picking 20-17 as the final score. I remember no one giving the Giants a chance against the unbeatable Pats and look how that ended. This is a good defense and Phillips is a really good if not great defensive coordinator.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I am going with Denver...

27 - 20

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I want the score to be whatever matches my boxes. Dance Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Three things I liked about Super Bowl 50:
Lady Gaga's Star Spangled Banner.
The Broncos won.
Cam Newton didn't dance.

Ten things I didn't like about Super Bowl 50:
The lead up talk was better than the game.
No offense from either team.
Horrible commercials, may have missed a couple, but did not see a single one that was funny, just a bunch of moonlighting actors.
The half time show, all 3 of them. Flowers and Love, is this the 60's?
The boring announcers, dull game, duller play by play.
The boring league presentations.
The boring question about Manning's last game, asked over and over.
The way the Commissioner was congratulating Manning on his career while he is having him investigated, talk about two faced.
The total disappearance of Cam Newton against a good defense. Why didn't he go after the fumble?
The fact that they never get a 5 and I always have a 5 in my box. Wink

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just watched the game and really enjoyed it.

Great to see someone sing the national anthem without destroying it.

Was very surprised how Carolina were just shut down but whats that old saying " Defence wins superbowls ", it sure did, Denver defence were superb.

Very strange to watch a superbowl, or any game for that matter, where both Quaterbacks and offensive units were hopeless.

I enjoyed the half time show but i now realise that i had no idea what was actually going on, i thought they were just dancing.

Really great to see the MVP given to someone who is not the Quarterback.

Manning will now announce his retirement from the sport, quit at the top, to carry on would be a big mistake as far as i'm concerned.

I could not understand why the Denver defence were so awesome and then a player appeared on my screen with WOLFE on his back, now i understand perfectly. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Denver... Hopefully Peyton will Retire and go out on Top.

It wasn't the greatest game if you were hoping for a lot of scoring and incredible plays but it was fun to watch.

Both Defensive Units played well. But Denver's Defense Was Better.

Offense wins Games... Defense wins Championships.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:

That's what all of the TV experts were saying after the first half, but not many of them were picking the Broncos before the game. The Panthers were the favorites and even I expected them to win, while hoping they wouldn't.

There is always the chicken or the egg question. Is the offense this bad because the defense is so good, or is the defense so good because the offense is this bad?

The Panthers offense did not even seem to have a game plan, even though they surely knew the defenses they would face. Cam Newton never acted like Cam Newton. There were no even near miss big plays and by the fourth quarter he looked like a kid that wanted to take his football and go home.

As for the Broncos idea that all we need from an offense is not to turn over the ball and the defense will win, I hate a game like that. Both sides of a team have to be aggressive and try to win, not that one side is coasting because all they are expected to do is not lose it. The play was so boring, I had to look in the paper today to remember how Denver even made 24 points. The only time Manning threw into the end zone was on the 2 point conversion.

It was one of the few times he threw anything at all and that was their game plan with a Hall of Fame quarterback. Can't wait to see how dynamic the Denver offense with be next year with the new guy. But besides that, I still think that there was more wrong with the Panthers than was right with the Broncos, at least for that one game.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

There is always the chicken or the egg question. Is the offense this bad because the defense is so good, or is the defense so good because the offense is this bad?

Carolina has a Good Offense, But Denver Had a Great Defense and Defensive Plan for the Super Bowl.

I think Carolina just figured they would stream roll Denver and did not change much from their offensive game plan all year.

I picked Denver because of their Defensive...

Everyone was talking about Manning and how he is no longer the Manning of Old and that Cam is unstoppable.

Not much talk of Denver's Defense... They have a very good D-Line, LB's and DB's.

I figured Ware and Miller would just go at Cam all game and they did.

My feelings are that Denver came out there and put the pressure on Carolina and never let up.

You could see Cam was huffing and puffing at times... This was his first real Defensive Test of the season.

Denver was prepared.

And then Denver's offensive game plan was simple yet effective... Since they did not have to make a comeback... Do not take many risks and use up the clock.

Obviously Manning is not the same QB he was but this Denver team was what he needed... Great Defensive that can take over a game and a Good Offensive that can make a play or two when needed.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

As for the Broncos idea that all we need from an offense is not to turn over the ball and the defense will win, I hate a game like that. Both sides of a team have to be aggressive and try to win, not that one side is coasting because all they are expected to do is not lose it. The play was so boring, I had to look in the paper today to remember how Denver even made 24 points. The only time Manning threw into the end zone was on the 2 point conversion.

It was one of the few times he threw anything at all and that was their game plan with a Hall of Fame quarterback. Can't wait to see how dynamic the Denver offense with be next year with the new guy. But besides that, I still think that there was more wrong with the Panthers than was right with the Broncos, at least for that one game.

Myself, I prefer a Defensive game... I thought the game was good.

But obviously, Scoring a lot is always Exciting.

I do agree with you that there was more wrong with Carolina, but I think that had to do with that they believed they already won the game before the game started and thought they would destroy Denver.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was a good game. Denver didn't just defeat Carolina. They took them down.

You hit it. Part of it was that Carolina was just overconfident. They thought the hype had Denver beat already but they forgot that Denver already knew what losing a Super Bowl felt like because they lost one just two years ago. After that, they went out and added the players they needed and just the right guys were available (Ware, Talib, etc.). In the game, they did what you have to do to defeat a great quarterback - you put him on his back multiple times. You make him throw just a little faster than he wants and you hit him again - very frustrating especially to a younger guy.

Cam had to learn you can't call yourself "Superman" until you soar with a Super Bowl ring first. He still had a chance to show that he was the MVP even in the wake of an otherwise humiliating loss. He could have said he failed to learn from history and he spent too much time smoothing out his cape. Instead, he moped in his post-game conference and then walked out like a big baby. He has some time to think about it though and he's probably already realized that you only further energize your opponent when you talk a lot.

Carolina still looks good for the future. Many teams lost a Super Bowl before they won any. Miami lost one the season before they were perfect.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Myself, I prefer a Defensive game... I thought the game was good.

But obviously, Scoring a lot is always Exciting.

I do agree with you that there was more wrong with Carolina, but I think that had to do with that they believed they already won the game before the game started and thought they would destroy Denver.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post