Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2015 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Starting the thread for those so inclined . . .

It's only two games in and it's too early to tell anything, but there have been some really good ones already.

I am on the verge of doing something I haven't done in years, root for a NY home team, although they technically reside in NJ. Roll Eyes Since the Jets have sent Rex Ryan shuffling off to Buffalo and Geno Smith has been decked (literally) I like the new couch and the team looks fairly solid, getting Revis back helps a lot. My good wishes will probably mean that they lose the next game, but I think they have promise.

So happy the Bills couldn't beat the Patriots. Ryan can't beat Belichek with anybody, period.

Eli Manning looks like he has taken too many shots to the head. I like Eli, but his play so far has been brutal and the coaching staff is just as much to blame. 0 and 2 and this may be a horrible season for them, they should be 2 and 0.

I still like the Steelers. One of these years they are going to have a complete good season. Maybe this year.

New England Patriots, looks like they will be there again, like it or not.

I don't know if Dallas will ever win a Super Bowl with Romo. He is a great quarterback, but he is not big enough and can't help but get hurt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dolphins fans have given up allready. We had such an easy start and yet nearly lost to them pesky redskins and then beyond all belief lost against the Jags. Add to this the Patriots are in our division and the bills look better than they have in years and all in all we might aswell go watch the baseball. Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
The Saints are looking like the team of the old days with this miserable 0-3 start. I may have to start rooting for another team soon, just so I can say "We won!"

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Jets are in Merry Ole England this Sunday. I have to watch them at 9:30 AM. As I predicted, as soon as I said they looked good they lost stupid. Big Grin

So wolfie you have a good shot. One thing I don't understand, they are taking 350 rolls of toilet paper with them, among other things. Is the toilet paper in England too rough for football players? Roll Eyes

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

So wolfie, One thing I don't understand, they are taking 350 rolls of toilet paper with them, among other things. Is the toilet paper in England too rough for football players? Roll Eyes

No, the americans are just wimps. Big Grin Elephant

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well thats the season all over for the Dolphins, this coaching team have had 4 years to make this work and they all look as clueless now as they did on day 1.

Heads will roll. Shake Head

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Well thats the season all over for the Dolphins, this coaching team have had 4 years to make this work and they all look as clueless now as they did on day 1.

No just the helmets roll, the heads usually stay on. Wink

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hate being right all the time.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have never had a problem with the toilet tissue in England just issues with the tub being six feet tall and all those $&@:;:"
stairs!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Painful to watch the New York teams today, even though the Giants won. The offense did little to deserve it, the important plays were all defense and special teams.

I am convinced that the Cowboys will never win a Super Bowl with Tony Romo as their quarterback. They may win once they take someone else and he may win on a different team, but together they are stuck in an endless cycle. Dallas can not win without him and he can't help but miss 3 - 5 games every year on injuries. Just draft a good rookie QB and build a team around him already.

The Jets played good, about as good as they can really. The Patriots hardly noticed. It was only close because the Pats kept dropping passes in the first half. I think they are going to repeat at this point, but I haven't even seen a whole Panther game yet, so maybe there is something there.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
COLT POWER!

Define power......... 4--5.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My Dolphins lost....again.

Unable to take anymore i tuned into the Green Bay / Carolina game, this was great and the diffrence between these two teams and my Dolphins is about a million miles.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
4-5 but peaking at the right time LOL! Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have to admit that was a great win at Denver.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have to admit that was a great win at Denver.

The Colts did look good yesterday. Nice to see Luck bounce back as he's looked lost recently. He's too good a QB so I have to believe he's a little more hurt then they're admitting. The Colts winning that division though was never in doubt to me. I seriously think they could go 6-10 and still win it. Wink

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just read that Andrew Luck has a lacerated kidney and a partial tear of an abdominal muscle. The injuries happened on an early fourth quarter scramble in Sunday's game. He will be out 2-6 weeks. Shake Head I still think the Colts will win that division though.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I just read that Andrew Luck has a lacerated kidney and a partial tear of an abdominal muscle. The injuries happened on an early fourth quarter scramble in Sunday's game. He will be out 2-6 weeks. Shake Head I still think the Colts will win that division though.

That division is weak...

They should be able to survive without Luck for a few weeks.

Lots of injuries this year to main players...

Hopefully they can all be back to help their teams get into the playoffs.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well the Turkey Day games were a snooze except for the last one, which was an upset. I hated to see the Packers lose again, just because they were the better team, but not yesterday. Wink

Romo is out for the season with the re-injury to his collarbone. I like him, never got the team or the luck needed to be a champion, but he had the talent. Now he's 35 and can't get through a season without a major injury. If Jones can't buy a fronntline that will protect him, and he hasn't so far, Romo should retire. He probably won't.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dolphins 12 yards rushing in the entire game. Eek Shake Head

Is this an NFL record?