Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2015 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No, Detroit Lions MINUS 4 yards rushing vs Green Bay Packers in 1994. Isn't Google great? Big Grin

And speaking of great, the Patriots/Broncos game was pretty close. Patriots did get hurt on a couple of questionable ref calls, but them's the breaks. I honestly don't know if the Broncos would have won with Manning based on past matchups. Exciting OT victory for them. Clap

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
HAIL MARY! Unbelievable Packers win.

These last few games have been ridiculous. Many of the teams this year have been playing so uneven, they can't get a first down in three quarters, but will score twice in two minutes. Makes for good watching because anything can happen, but it's hardly solid football. And there are too many injuries taking out the starters and their backups for weeks on some teams. A few teams with mediocre records are going to be in the playoffs.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That was never a facemask penalty, Detroit should have won.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
That was never a facemask penalty, Detroit should have won.

It was certainly a borderline call and Rodgers sold it by putting his head down, but the refs will usually make that call when it's the quarterback. The Lions were up 20 to nothing in the third quarter and made 3 more points, while the Packers racked up 27. If they had done more on offense or defense the last play wouldn't have mattered.

No matter how you look at it, it was a sequence of events that we may never see in a game again. Rodgers gets the ball with under 30 seconds to go, time runs out but a penalty exceeds it for one more play and then a 61 yard Hail Mary into the end zone that is not battered down, but caught. I have seen all of those things happen before individually, but never in the order that wins the game. I wasn't rooting for either team, so I could just enjoy seeing it happen.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Scared to watch the footy today. The Dolphins are so bad they may even lose to the Colts. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The Jets could make the playoffs if they beat the Bills on Sunday. Rex Ryan couldn't make the Bills any better, big surprise there, but would love to keep his old team from getting into post-season.

GO JETS!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
OMG!!!! Eek

Where did that come from Dolphins? Clap Bouncey Dance

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just giving you hope for next year wolfie. Than they can break you again. Big Grin

Jets should have won, had all the momentum, and then let it slip away. Well the Steelers are in and that's a plus. Maybe they can last longer than one game.

The Giants will look for a new coach and the Jets will look for a new quarterback. The Knicks, Nets and Rangers stink. Who says you can a buy a winning team? Apparently not with NY GMs.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So it seems like very few have been interested in football this year. Well I'll put down my picks, just because it's that time of year. It's difficult because a lot of the teams have been inconsistent and some of the good ones seem to have turned bad. Anyway, wild card round only . . .

Chiefs beat Texans. I've barely seen the Texans this year, so I can't pick them.

Steelers beat Bengals. Close call because the Steelers look good until Ben does something stupid or the coaching staff puts in an awful play. For some reason the Steelers tend to get bad ref calls at big times too. They still should be a better team.

Vikings beat Seahawks. This one is against the odds. Seahawks are a better team, but I don't like them. Bridgewater may show his potential here. I figure there could be an upset, even if I don't really believe it. Big Grin

Packers beat Redskins. Also a close call that could go the other way. I don't want to bet against Rodgers yet, but the Pack has been on a serious downslide. I would hope they can hang on this week, but don't see them going much farther in any case.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Here are my picks for the opening round of the NFL Playoffs...

Texans over Chiefs

Bengals over Steelers

Vikings over Seahawks

Packers over Redskins

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks, Redskins.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks, and Packers are my picks. Cool

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If the Steelers go out next week, they will still have made their season and their reputation with that game.

The Bengals disgraced themselves, the Bengal fans disgraced themselves, and they are all still LOSERS.

As a football fan who likes a good hard game, I am embarrassed to be watching dirty plays and players that are acting like maniacs. The more they change the rules to prevent injury, the more they drug test, the more they want players, nearly all of whom are college educated, to be good citizens off the field, the more violent and crazy play has become. This is not football and these are not football heroes and the league had better figure it out before someone dies at mid-field on national TV.

I'm two for two. See what happens tomorrow.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very happy to watch my 'Stillers' get the win last night and advance.

Not going to comment too much on the Bungles behavior as I'll likely say something that I shouldn't. I grew up in the 'Burgh in the 70's during the Steelers heyday, so I love a passionate, hard-played football game. But last night Cincy-Nasty demonstrated all that it wrong with the game: a bunch spoiled, out of control, hopped-up on god-knows-what man-children.

And those were just the fans in the stands. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As a longtime Dolphins fan (back to the season they lost their first Super Bowl), I joked that only Bob Griese and I picked the Dolphins in that game. The weird thing was the Patriots needed that game to improve their playoff position.

I thought Dan Campbell did an okay job overall considering the situation he landed in.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
OMG!!!! Eek

Where did that come from Dolphins? Clap Bouncey Dance

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More than any game that I have seen in watching football over almost 45 years, that one was an example of one or two players losing a game that was just about in the bag. A kicker can miss a last-play field goal. A back can fumble when trying to run out the clock. Those are mistakes but to help the opponent just because you decided to deliver a cheap shot even after repeated warnings, is inexcusable behavior.

quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Very happy to watch my 'Stillers' get the win last night and advance.

Not going to comment too much on the Bungles behavior as I'll likely say something that I shouldn't. I grew up in the 'Burgh in the 70's during the Steelers heyday, so I love a passionate, hard-played football game. But last night Cincy-Nasty demonstrated all that it wrong with the game: a bunch spoiled, out of control, hopped-up on god-knows-what man-children.

And those were just the fans in the stands. Big Grin

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 for 4 with my picks. So I'm due now for an "0 for" next weekend. Big Grin I'll go with Denver, New England, Seattle, and the toughest game for me to pick - Arizona barely over Green Bay.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I should have been 4 for 4, but the Vikings snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. How he missed that field goal, well I hate the Seahawks, so I was sick. Almost. Wink

OK, next week. I have no idea who QBs that Steelers/Broncos game. Is Ben or Manning able to play? If not it changes, although less so for the Broncos. I am rooting for the Steelers, but I think they are just too banged up. Ben is one good sack away from being carted off, that's if he even starts. They have no back up. I have to pick the Broncos.

Arizona over Green Bay. Again I will root for the Pack, but have to pick the opposite.

Carolina over Seattle. One more time, I hate the Seahawks. They should not be here right now. My worry is that they are this year's team of destiny. The Panthers should win.

Chiefs over the Patriots. This is the one that is a toss up. I don't think the Patriots are that good this year, but they have an extra week's rest. I somehow always expect them to win because other teams choke when they see them. The Chiefs looked solid this week, but it was easy. Still I'll pick them as an upset.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I am a bit late for my picks this weekend... But I will give my picks anyway...

Chiefs over Pats

Cardinals over Packers

Carolina over Seahawks

Denver over Steelers

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, there goes my first playoff loss so far. Even though I'm not a big fan of theirs, Seattle has to feel sick about the way they played in that first half. If they decided to show up for kick-off instead of after the half they would've won easily.