Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Did not win Powerball...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did not win Powerball...
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted
I did not win the Huge 1.6 Billion Dollars Powerball Jackpot... Frown

There goes my dream of owning my own island. Surf

HA HA HA Big Grin

So far they are saying that one person in California won the Jackpot so far...

No news yet if there are other winners from other states.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Looks like at least two other states had winners, so there will be no newly minted billionaires to hobnob with the Warren Buffetts, Mark Zuckerbergs, Mark Cubans, Donald Trumps, and Dr. Dres of the world, alas.

I'm sure the first announced winners from out here in California will be pleased with their final share of it, but I wonder, when it was finally known there were to be other winners to split the pot with them, did they, even for a instant lament the literally hundreds of million dollars they "lost" in that moment? Probably (hopefully) not.

Wait a minute, this just in:

The three winners who will share the 1.6+ billion dollar jackpot are...

1."El Chapo" Guzman
2. The "Affluenza Teen"
3. (You may go ahead and here insert someone you wouldn't have wanted to win the money. Have fun with it!)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I did not win the Huge 1.6 Billion Dollars Powerball Jackpot... Frown

There goes my dream of owning my own island. Surf

I was going to get BOTH SMG autograph cards, but then my dreams are smaller due to years of disappointments. Frown Big Grin

Got 2 numbers on 1 line. Not even close. Next time. Wavey

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Me neither. Didn't win Saturday and didn't win last night. Ah well.....

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Three winners... Tennessee, California and Florida.

Each ticket is worth $528.8 million.

Winners have to pay 39.6 percent of the prize in federal income taxes, in addition to any state taxes.

I think that is a bit unfair... but it is still a lot of money they never had before.

Congrats to the Lucky ones. Thumb Up

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There are no state taxes on lottery in California, so that winner (also) has that going for them...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
All lottery wins in the UK are tax free. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dru'sgarden
posted Hide Post
Clap Ya can't win if ya don't play, and mama didn't raise no quitter. Clap

Posts: 495 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post