Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2019 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

You could be a Bengals or Dolphins fan, sorry wolfie. Big Grin

Yeah ya got that right... Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Idiot Dolphins win ......WHY?????? Confused

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Idiot Dolphins win ......WHY?????? Confused

Because the Jets' runners smash into the back sides of their own offensive linemen, the Jets QB doesn't know when the ball is snapped, the Jets' offensive line doesn't block anyone and the Jet's defensive players wave as the ball carrier goes by. The Dolphins could have laid down on the field and the Jets would still trip over their bodies. I actually LMAO watching that game. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dolphins won. Patriots lost. There was a time long ago when that happened a lot. Maybe Adam Gase is just not a good head coach. I've heard he is hard to get along with, wearing out his welcome in Miami because of that. Brian Flores is getting something together in Miami from loose parts. Imagine what he'll do if a few draft picks pan out.

We're halfway through the season now. The Patriots are winning the AFC East as everyone predicted. Don't downgrade them now just because they were destroyed by Baltimore. I think Bellichick took his foot off the gas by sometime in the third quarter because he knows they'll be facing off again in the playoffs. He learned from that game.

The Steelers lost Roethlisberger and they've been uneven but they also appear to be finding their stride. I didn't see the Browns in the playoffs. They'll struggle to get to 8-8. Baltimore is at least going to the AFC Championship game.

Even with Mahomes missing a few games, it appears Kansas City is still going to win the AFC West. I don't think they can get to the Super Bowl now, though. Either New England or Baltimore is going to get there.

Houston seems to have the advantage in the AFC South now.

It looks like the Cowboys are going to win the NFC East outright.

The Rams slumped early. They're improving but they can't win the division now. At the beginning of the season I thought the 49ers could make the playoffs but they look awesome right now. Yeah, they edged the Redskins and Cardinals but good teams win close games. Seattle needs more on defense before they can be a Super Bowl contender again.

Things are going to change but we might be looking at a Super Bowl rematch from a few years ago...Ravens vs. 49ers.

I can't believe we're already at Week 10.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
COLT POWER

Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
DOLPHINS POWER... Bouncey Dance Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
DOLPHINS POWER... Bouncey Dance Big Grin

On a roll. Thumb Up

The Dolphins/Colts game was like watching guys run in wet cement. It was a close game, but only because neither was able to a put much together for a whole drive. The Dolphins looked like they were making more of an effort at the end, so maybe they can get a couple of more off iffy teams.

The Toilet Bowl between the Jets and Giants was also close and had some excitement, if you can get excited about two awful teams equally matched. Jets won, now both 2 - 7. Eli has to be laughing to himself. He'd be getting killed out there. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I assume the Dolphins have beaten the Patriots just to **** me off. Any other season if we actually needed to beat them in order to gain something we would have lost. Mad Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
I assume the Dolphins have beaten the Patriots just to **** me off. Any other season if we actually needed to beat them in order to gain something we would have lost. Mad Twak

Imagine those of us that are Saints fans. A 13-3 season, and they are having to play a wild card game. That record in the AFC would have gotten them a bye, but not in the NFC. Unbelievable !

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Patriots loss was stunning to me - especially with so much on the line for them and considering they beat Miami 43-0 on the road in week 2. The bottom line though is this New England team just isn't that good. Defensively they've been stellar all year, but not so much offensively. So I don't think I'm going out on a limb in predicting a Kansas City at Baltimore AFC Championship game. Should be a great game if we get it and perhaps finally a little new blood in the Super Bowl for a change.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No 49ers? No Saints? I don't know. Many of the playoff teams are questionable this year, even the ones with stronger records. I would still like to see the Packers win, but I don't honestly think they will go the distance because as a whole team they are also not that good.

I have not loved a fair percentage of the instant replay calls I've seen this year. There is too much mandatory booth review, too many overturns for minuscule offenses and still too many blown calls that don't qualify for any review. When game outcomes get decided on penalties that no one can see without a magnifying glass and super slow motion it just cheats both teams. Hope it doesn't send somebody home on a replay.

I think my picks might be way off because I have mixed feelings about just about every team except the 49ers, who I expect to win it all. So here are my Wild Card picks, knowing that each one of them could be wrong. Big Grin

Texans beat Bills.
Patriots beat Titans.
Saints beat Vikings.
Seahawks beat Eagles.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Strange games. Saints got robbed again on that uncalled offensive pass interference for the winning touchdown, but Brees looked off all game. Shame that Wentz got knocked out. Didn't think the Eagles would win, but didn't stand a chance with backup QB. Patriots looked out of gas, kept waiting for a surge. Not impressed with Titans play, but they were good enough to hold on. Enjoyed Texans and Bills the most, but they were evenly matched. 50/50 because neither Patriots or Saints played up to par. I don't think Brady is hanging up anything.

I didn't see anything in the Wild Card winners that would make me think they can beat Division champs next weekend. So my picks are Ravens, Chiefs, Packers and 49ers.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Ravens loss changes everything. Twice couldn't pick up a yard for first down. This year I have watched several games were it just seemed like crucial downs had horrible play calls. This was one of them and there is no such thing as being beaten by one player. Henry should have been stopped if they needed 3 guys to do it. Let somebody else run loose, but not the same guy. The Ravens were out coached.

49ers look good in easy victory, but I have feeling about next week.

GO PACKERS!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So Championship games should be fun. Everyone is going to pick the Chiefs and the 49ers. I'm not. Big Grin

The games will be won or lost on defense. If Patrick Mahomes and Jimmy Garoppolo are allowed to stand in the pocket for 40 seconds or then allowed to scrambled into running lanes when receivers still don't open up, its over. The Packers and Titans might as well stay home.

If they blitz the QB and cut off the scrambles they will win. Mahomes is young and still reckless in his running. Garoppolo is older, but untested in the big games. The Pack was beaten badly by the 49ers in November, but they are a better team now. It's all on the defense to contain the QBs and if they can do it the whole game changes. So I'm going for the underdogs with a lot of wishful thinking, but I would like to see a Packers and Chiefs Super Bowl. I think its a fair possibility.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They say a first round bye is great for a team but it looked like the Ravens had too much time off. The starters had also sat out Week 17. They looked like a pre-season version of themselves. Meanwhile, the Titans had to play every week and they looked more like the well-oiled machine. Henry looked like Eric Dickerson out there though he seems to take on more hits.

Some of the 49ers might be looking past the Packers. However, the Packers were only just good enough to beat a depleted Seahawks team. The Packers will make it closer than the game during the season but the 49ers are going to beat them again.

I don't think the Chiefs can slow down Henry much better but they can outscore the Titans.

quote:
Ravens loss changes everything. Twice couldn't pick up a yard for first down. This year I have watched several games were it just seemed like crucial downs had horrible play calls. This was one of them and there is no such thing as being beaten by one player. Henry should have been stopped if they needed 3 guys to do it. Let somebody else run loose, but not the same guy. The Ravens were out coached.

49ers look good in easy victory, but I have feeling about next week.

GO PACKERS!

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 49ers are going to run the ball like the Titans and they have all their pass rushers back. The Packers have to cover Kittle, Samuel, Sanders, and hope Bourne drops the ball a couple of times. Jimmy Graham is playing better than he did with the Seahawks, but if Adams is covered, I don't see how the Packers score 20 points. The 49ers are going to score at least that many.

quote:
So Championship games should be fun. Everyone is going to pick the Chiefs and the 49ers. I'm not. Big Grin

The games will be won or lost on defense. If Patrick Mahomes and Jimmy Garoppolo are allowed to stand in the pocket for 40 seconds or then allowed to scrambled into running lanes when receivers still don't open up, its over. The Packers and Titans might as well stay home.

If they blitz the QB and cut off the scrambles they will win. Mahomes is young and still reckless in his running. Garoppolo is older, but untested in the big games. The Pack was beaten badly by the 49ers in November, but they are a better team now. It's all on the defense to contain the QBs and if they can do it the whole game changes. So I'm going for the underdogs with a lot of wishful thinking, but I would like to see a Packers and Chiefs Super Bowl. I think its a fair possibility.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
The 49ers are going to run the ball like the Titans and they have all their pass rushers back. The Packers have to cover Kittle, Samuel, Sanders, and hope Bourne drops the ball a couple of times. Jimmy Graham is playing better than he did with the Seahawks, but if Adams is covered, I don't see how the Packers score 20 points. The 49ers are going to score at least that many.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good game plan, but Ravens fans thought they were headed for the Super Bowl too. One or two bad plays can change any game and the Packers already know what the 49ers can do. I think it will be a harder game for the 49ers than you think. Often times the Championship games are better than the following Super Bowl.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Patrick Mahomes and Jimmy Garoppolo are allowed to stand in the pocket for 40 seconds or then allowed to scrambled into running lanes when receivers still don't open up, its over. The Packers and Titans might as well stay home.

The Titans looked good for a quarter, the Pack is just embarrassing at the half. Barring a miracle I'm 0 for 2. but I would have liked to see one close game. Oh well, if it stays this way I'll take The Chiefs. That ought to be the kiss of death for them. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Very entertaining Super Bowl for once. That is as long as you could overlook the commercials. It seemed like 4 minutes of game, 10 minutes of ads, 4 minutes of game, repeat all night. Big Grin

But forgetting that, Chiefs came back again. I think it was just their year because these 4th quarter rallies looked like the other teams just stopped playing defense. Mahomes is held in check all game and then he gets the big plays. Just his year.

I really thought Lopez and Shakira brought the house down and it has to be right up there with the best half time shows. I know some thought it a bit too risqué, but that's their brand and they looked and sounded great. I also liked that they didn't try to upstage each other.

So another football season is over and Tom Brady will return. big surprise. Wink