Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Colt Power!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Power!
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
0 - 4 Dolphins. Shake Head

can't wait for next week so we can be 0 - 5. Bouncey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
We wuz robbed, somebody stole our game. Big Grin

This allowed the self destruct Colts to move ahead of us in the race for next years 1st round draft pick.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I actually would like to see the Dolphins beat the Jets on Monday night. I don't think it will happen, but there is so much whinning on NY Sports Talk Radio shows now, if the Jets lost the FANS would get out the tar and feathers. Wink

Its really a double edged sword to play for any NY pro team. When they win they are Gods, when they lose they are dirt.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Green Bay Packer 6-0. The Lions lost. The Packers might go back to the Super Bowl.

Posts: 1760 | Location: Oshkosh | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I hope the Dolphins keep losing to keep pace with the Colts. It would achieve nothing to start winning now and would just blow next season aswell.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I hope the Dolphins keep losing to keep pace with the Colts. It would achieve nothing to start winning now and would just blow next season aswell.

The Dolphins would want the highest draft picks possible, but a dismal team that has lost all of the games the previous season would have a hard time signing quality players. That's why rebuilding takes more than a season. Teams go from last to first only when other factors, like injuries, were involved. The Dolphins have to get something going this year, sign a new couch, or trade for somebody. If they just quit the draft won't matter.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Excuse my ignorance but if a team picks someone in the draft does that player have to go to that team or can he refuse and go somewhere else.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Excuse my ignorance but if a team picks someone in the draft does that player have to go to that team or can he refuse and go somewhere else.

The player can refuse to sign with the team that drafted him and demand a trade (ala Eli Manning) but I think it's rare that happens. For the most part, if you're drafted by the Dolphins or Colts, that's who you have to sign with. Smile

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Dolphins have to get something going this year, sign a new couch, or trade for somebody. If they just quit the draft won't matter.

A new couch sounds pretty comfy, better than the one at Headless's house! Big Grin COLT POWER!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:
The Dolphins have to get something going this year, sign a new couch, or trade for somebody. If they just quit the draft won't matter.

A new couch sounds pretty comfy, better than the one at Headless's house! Big Grin COLT POWER!

Big Grin

Well the Dolphins COACH needed to find a COUCH after that game for sure.

As for the draft, players can refuse to sign if they really hate the team, but than they can't play for another team until some other deal is made with the original team. It usually doesn't come to that because general managers have a good idea of who wants to sign and how much it will cost before they use their pick. Sometimes they will trade their higher draft for a few lower ones of for drafts in future years because they know they can't sign a particular player, but can get something good for him.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:

A new couch is coming in November, you are banned for at least a year by my wife!!!

Big Grin

As for the Dolphins, Suck for Luck because the season is over.

Shake Head

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What on earth were we thinking, we nearly won there, silly Dolphins. Twak

Came to our senses just in time. Clap

We must keep up with the Colts in the race for first place. Elephant

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Will the Colts please beat somebody as we are having to find ways to lose every week in order to keep up the fight for last place or first place depending on how you look at it and it is making us look bad.

Thanks. Wave

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't think you have anything to worry about Wolfie. The Dolphins can keep up for 40 minutes and then they go home, while the other team plays on. Big Grin

And their Coach should be fired. He never challenged that Giant catch, which I called incomplete before they went to commercial. And the play selection was horrible. They don't even look good enough for semi-pro ball. Frown

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
OK, this thread has been very tame and civil so far this year, and I don't like it. Big Grin

So allow me to hopefully spice it up with a hot topic, Tim Tebow.

After the Lions soundly beat the Denver Broncos last week, and pretty much wiped up the turf with guarterback Tebow, it has been suggested that they as well as other teams were personally gunning for him. Of course this stems from Tebow's zealous fans and the highly religious beliefs that he has always expressed, which won him so much praise from certain groups in his college days.

Even his Denver teammates and coaching staff seem to be wary of getting into any controversy and are not all that supportive. He is still scheduled to start this week, but management perhaps wishes that they hadn't put themselves in this position. Wink

For my part, I just think he's not a good pro quarterback. Every football expert who watched he's great college career said he would be lucky to be a third string runner because his style would never work in the pros. So far they are correct. Whether football players hate him a bit extra for his views and followers I don't know, but it is a dangerous job even when they love you.

Any thoughts from anybody else?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well to recap this weekend, the Dolphins have finally won a game. Clap

The Colts have not. Twak

The Jets and Giants are crowing. Smile

Tebow managed to look good again and Brady had a hissy fit. Big Grin

I like to talk football, but this season not many seem interested in posting, so I think I'll revisit this thread once the Playoffs start and hopefully the Lions might still be alive. I'm looking forward to that Christmas Eve game between the NY teams. Enjoy all. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Colts might win one game all year.

Phins will win at another 3-4.

St. Louis will win another 3-4.

Cleveland just plain stinks, but already won 3.

All other teams have already won 2 or more games.

So get ready for Luck to the Colts people.

Maybe the new name of this topic should be Tebow Power.

Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ok Dolphins concede defeat. We simply cannot be bad enough to keep pace with the Colts and have decided to win some matches. Wave

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Green Bay Who????????????

Dolphins 72, still the best. Bouncey Dance

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Colt Power. Big Grin Thumb Up