Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2013 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rooting for the Chiefs (yeah, sorry Batman), the Saints, the Bungles (only be be because he Steelers should be playing that game) and the 'Niners. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Chiefs 24 Colts 17
Saints 27 Eagles 21
Chargers 31 Bengals 24
Packers 17 49ers 14

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That was a fantastic comeback by the Colts, but I think the Chiefs thought it was over and went into the old prevent defense where the other team just keeps marching down the field. Wink

I also wish people would stop saying what a wonderful couch Andy Reed is. The players may love him, but they don't win playoff games for him. That's why the Eagles let him go.

Anyway, at least the Saints won so I'm 50/50 so far. Can't wait to see Green Bay tonight. Should be in the Packers favor. Can a CA team really play when its below zero? Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
COLT POWER!!!! Big Grin

COLT POWER

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They don't call him Luck for nothing. Roll Eyes

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
They don't call him Luck for nothing. Roll Eyes

LOL! Wink

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So much for home field advantage. Shake Head

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So the CA team can play in the cold after all. Great game, but all they had to do was stop Kaepernick from running. Back to 50/50. Big Grin

Next week:

Seahawks 28, Saints 17
Patriots 35, Colts 27
Broncos 24, Chargers 14
Panthers 23, 49ers 21

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Good grief, where are all out football pundits this playoff week? Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I predict the Seahawks are going to win. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I predict the Seahawks are going to win. Big Grin

Did it come to you in a dream or on the post game show? Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Lucks luck out of luck.

Patriots Power.

My Dolphins have got no chance as long as Brady & the Patriots are around. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
I forgot to post, me and the Bats were out for a delicious dinner with our wives.

Carolina 13 49'ers 12
Denver 34 San Diego 24

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's Denver v Seattle all the way. Thumb Up

or is it?

Sitting in the Patriots division I know you can never right them off.

49rs. not so sure.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well after careful consideration and getting 3 out of 4 right last week, I'll try again:

Seahawks 28, 49ers 24

Patriots 35, Broncos 27

Now here's my problem, I really want Manning to beat Brady. I am rooting for Manning to beat Brady, but I just don't think after watching last week's games that the Broncos will prevail.

The Broncos were playing a deliberate game plan for the Chargers, but they let them stay in the game only 7 down into the 4th quarter. They should have been romping and they were lucky to get the ball back without letting the Chargers tie it up. The Patriots were dominate in their game and looked sharp. I hope Manning pulls it out with his sheer desire to win it all this season, but my gut says its Brady's game to win.

The Seahawks should win, they are the better team. I have been saying that the 49'ers would lose each of the last two games and been wrong. I am beginning to think that it may just be their year and they will get lucky again. Who knows, but I am rooting for the Seahawks and I think they should win.

Just heard on the radio that Brady is ill with something. If he is really not healthy at game time it would change my opinion of the outcome. Have to watch this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My opinion: I think the 49ers are the best team left. At the very least they're playing the best right now. I think if they get to the Super Bowl they'll win it. The problem is beating Seattle in Seatlle, which is darn near impossible to do. Not to mention the last two years they got demolished both trips there. I'm predicting Denver out of the AFC. If they end up playing Seattle, Denver wins. I don't think Seattle will be be able to score with them. If they play the 49ers, 49ers win.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie

It's Denver v Seattle all the way. Thumb Up

Thumb Up Clap

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
I called this Super Bowl on September 1st, who would have thunk it?

Thumb Up

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Very happy that Manning and the Broncos will be in the Super Bowl, but quite surprised that it wasn't a better game. I thought the Patriots would win, but there was no point where they even seemed in the game. I guess the injuries finally caught up to them, but I don't like the organization anyway.

The 49er's had been getting the breaks for the last two games and if THE MAN could throw better, they might have gotten this one too. I was glad that the bad ref calls really didn't effect the final score because the Seahawks got the benefit of a couple of whoppers.

Anyway, the Super Bowl will come down to the Seahawks defense against the Broncos offense. If they pressure the passer enough Manning will have a hard time. I don't think the Seahawks can put up enough numbers to match him, if he is not run out of the pocket.

It should be a great game and Manning will have the crowd behind the Broncos because its Eli's house.

So I'll take Broncos 28, Seahawks 20 because that's what I'd like to see.