Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    NHL 2013 season
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHL 2013 season
 Login/Join

Picture of Salama
posted
Are there any NHL fans here? I see theres a popular NFL thread so I thought if someone likes hockey over here.

Share Your thoughts please if You have some favourites or anything.

My favourite teams are Anaheim and Minnesota, I also like the Flyers.

This season is going to be really hard because of the intense match programme. I predict Youth is going to be the ones who benefits of this, or is it going to be the rutined players who knows how to save it and keep it rolling?

Finals is going to be between Pittsburgh - Minnesota Big Grin lets see how wrong I am, I know its going to be someone else Thumb Up

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
I am on strike from hockey!

Shake Head

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LilRedCorvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
Are there any NHL fans here? I see theres a popular NFL thread so I thought if someone likes hockey over here.

Thumb Up

This season's not the same... without the Winter Classic and the short season and all.

Anyways, my fave team is the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Posts: 92 | Location: OH | Registered: September 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I like to watch hockey, I think its the only sport that's non-stop action. You could say the same thing about Soccer, but I just find it too darn slow. I know many will not agree. Wink

Anyway, this short season is a joke. Its basically training to get ready for the playoffs and whatever teams have players that kept in the best shape or have the most experience playing with each other are going to win the most games.

If team owners and players couldn't get their cut of the money worked out to get a real season started and didn't mind leaving the fans hanging, the fans should now return the favor and keep their money. In short, I don't give a darn about the 2013 season. Mad

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Did you hear about the decision on Rookie cards for this season???

No player that is a rookie in the shortened season will be allowed to have a rookie card in any NHL product. The only rookies will be those that first appeared after the All-Star game last year and the end of the 11-12 season.

What a slap in the face to trading card dealers, many in Canada that make their living off Hockey cards. Not great for fans either.

On the plus side, it will be a monster year for rookies next year....

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a hockey night it was. I watched 3 games and it was a lot of fun. They played good hockey, the speed is there. These were only the first games of the season but they played some good hockey. Chicago impressed me, they are going to go far I believe. Minnesota were quite ok but far from good. Anaheim impressed me too, very strong team, they can go far.

These games I watched:
LA Kings - Chicago Blackhawks 2-5
Minnesota - Colorado 4-2
Vancouver - Anaheim 3-7

Ed, sad to hear about the Rookie cards. I got some hockey boxes coming in next week, hope I´m gonna get some goodies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Salama,

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
RANGER POWER! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
RANGER POWER! Big Grin

Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Lets go Rangers..., I love to watch a game from the Madison square garden, always great fans and feeling there, it would be great to experience that live sometime.

Well some teams have now almost played 10 games, and in the eastern conference its tight at the top, Boston leading with 13p and 5 teams within 2p of the leader. The capitals havent started well, only 2 wins for them so far.
In the western conference the Stanley cup champions LA Kings are suffering from the so called "championship hangover", only 2 wins so far. The western conference leading by Chicago 16p and San Jose 1p behind.

Go Ducks go!