Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Royal Mail & International post changes. April 2013
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Royal Mail & International post changes. April 2013
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Had chat with a fellow MSU member today and he told he has just had to pay a VAT (Tax) payment for a card he received from the U.S.

Nothing strange there you may think but he purchased with the new ebay/Paypal system of pre-paying the charges with the U.S. seller. So, he has had to pay the customs charge twice for the same item.

Has anyone else come across this situation? This new system should be scrapped now.

My friend mentioned in previous message posted about Customs payments confirmed that he had to pay U.K. Customs Charge on item from the U.S. even though it was paid using the "New automatic" customs method on ebay.

He has tried to claim the money back without success. Who actually gets the fee? If it's ebay/paypal and they are not forwarding the payment to the U.K. Government is this theft?

I've just seen a card finish in the U.S. I would have bid more than the final price including shipping but it had the New Pre-Paid import duty so would not touch it.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post