Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2012 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2012 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Hey Wolfie, I have a feeling this week could be win number two. Arizona has a good defense but not much of an offense besides Fitzgerald.

I believe Tannehill has more pocket awareness in his fourth game as a NFL QB than Kolb ever will.

If DC$tinker(Dan Carpenter) can make his field goals, Miami takes it 19-16.

Thumb Up

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh good, we could do with a win. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:

No pass rush? You obviously are not watching the Dolphins game if you think there is no pass rush.

I did watch that game because it was against the Jets and I get all their games in NY. You are correct that the Dolphins did I good job of containing the tepid Sanchez offense, especially since that whole overblown Tebow wild cat has been nothing but talk thusfar.

But when they really needed to apply pressure the Jets made the yardage. The Dolphins won that game in every way and in every quarter, except not in the point total, which is all that matters. Take whatever positives you want from the performance, I saw a Dolphin team that deserved to lose the game more than they deserved to win it, and I did watch. Wink

Posts: 10411 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Neither team deserved to win that game, it was painful to watch. From missed opportunities to bad coaching decisions, there were problems on both sides of the ball.

I am still wondering why Philbin did not challenge the spot of the ball on the Tebow fake. The ball in his hands was clearly short of the 30 when his knee was down.

Rookie coach and rookie QB lead to a long, challenging year.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neither team deserved to win that game, it was painful to watch. From missed opportunities to bad coaching decisions, there were problems on both sides of the ball.

No argument with that. I can't stand the Jets, so looking at a grinning Rex when he just got lucky again is annoying. He really doesn't even think he's lucky, he has too much ego to doubt his genius. I am still waiting for this whole Sanchez/Tebow combo to blow up in his face.

I'm going to be really mad if the Jets win the Super Bowl. Big Grin

Posts: 10411 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
A prediction from the fearless forecaster - Jets will not score against Niners tomorrow! Big Grin

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

No argument with that. I can't stand the Jets, so looking at a grinning Rex when he just got lucky again is annoying. He really doesn't even think he's lucky, he has too much ego to doubt his genius. I am still waiting for this whole Sanchez/Tebow combo to blow up in his face.

I'm going to be really mad if the Jets win the Super Bowl. Big Grin

No worries there!!!

Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
A prediction from the fearless forecaster - Jets will not score against Niners tomorrow! Big Grin

That would not surprise me at all!!!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
GO CHARGERS! Clap

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

well i'm impressed. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

well i'm impressed. Thumb Up

YES, the Jets finally played up to their potential and Rex won't be grinning for the press tomorrow. Dance

On a side note, what was the purpose of getting Tebow if he can't come in for a blowout? Personnally I think Tebow is a lousy quarterback, but if they didn't want to start a quarterback controversy the Jets never should have brought him on. If they didn't want to run the Wild Cat offense they shouldn't have made such a big deal about it being their secret weapon in pre-season.

Let's see Rex talk his way out of it now. The only guy Sanchez could hit consistently was Holmes. If Holmes is out he has lost his best receiver and maybe his whole passing game. Bring in Teboe as the starter and that's when the season blows up in Rex's face. I am loving it. Luv You

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
well i'm impressed.

Just wait until I predict proper football! Big Grin

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nooooooooooooooo we lost again. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Nooooooooooooooo we lost again. Shake Head

Outplayed the opponent the last two weeks, when the game is turned around by the lack of the kicker making a field goal. His one job and he can't do it. He cost us two games in a row.

Also, Naanee is totally worthless as a wide receiver, please cut him.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Where is the fearless forecaster with tomorrow's picks?

I believe:
Packers 38 Colts 27
Giants keep Browns close and win
Phins might pull this one out if Carpenter can make a fg

and finally.......................

Jets get humiliated on Monday night!!!!

Big Grin

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The Fearless Forecaster has two locks this week:

Jets lose by 30+ on Monday night and Falcons get picked off by Skins tomorrow. That is all! Smile Colts and Fins are in over heads this week, they will be respective but I don't see any wins here. Giants crush the Browns in spite of Uncle Jason being a fan! Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fins are in over heads this week, they will be respective but I don't see any wins here.

DOLPHINS WIN> Dance

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT CHUCKSTRONG POWER! Elephant

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Fortunately the Fearless Forecaster is having a bad week! Dance

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While Fearless Forecaster is gallivanting around NYC this weekend with no thoughts of predicting any games this weekend, I will give it a shot:

Miami 20 St. Louis 16 in a nail biter
Colts 27 Jets 20, I think Jets might win, but rooting for Colts
SF 49'ers 27 Giants 23, SF has been anxious for this game since last year
Also, do not be surprised if Buffalo pulls off the minor upset in Arizona