Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2012 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2012 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted
Football Playoff Predictions(what Could Go Wrong?):

Patriots, Bills, Steelers, Texans, Titans, Broncos

Texans over Pats in Championship

Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Falcons, Seahawks

Falcons over Eagles in Championship

Texans over Falcons in Super Bowl!!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER! Big Grin

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
COLT POWER! Big Grin

They will need lots of Luck!! Hey, wait a second.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think there has been an error. You have not mentioned the Dolphins.

I will assume for now that this is an oversight on your part. Wink

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I think there has been an error. You have not mentioned the Dolphins.

I will assume for now that this is an oversight on your part. Wink

Dolphins will be 4-12 if they are lucky.

Shake Head

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
GOOOOOOOOooooooooo Reggie. Elephant

Dolphins win, Patriots lose. Bouncey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER! Smile

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Rams will win this year's Super Bowl and whatever team is unlucky enough to face them in it will at least have a conference championship banner to hang in their stadium next season.

But seriously, my own pipe dream aside, I'm really chiming in on this thread to say so long to STEVE SABOL of NFL Films who just passed away after an 18 month battle with brain cancer. Steve with his efforts at NFL Films over the last 4 decades did a lot to help this game reach the its current lofty heights. He will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace, Steve Sabol, and condolences to his family including his father Ed, who founded the company.

Posts: 3330 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
The Saints are not looking good this year. It appears that the off-season issues are now coming to haunt the team...

Posts: 1459 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
True true. The Saints are scoring points like usual, but they need to do better on defense. My suggestion is that they figure out some kind of bonus system that rewards their defensive players when they make particularly good plays.
I know such a thing may not be practical, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Posts: 3330 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
GOOOOOOOOooooooooo Reggie. Elephant

Dolphins win, Patriots lose. Bouncey

Hey wolfie, your Dolphins will next be taking on the Jets and their feared Wild Cat Tebow offense that no one has seen yet. Big Grin

The Jets went huge in their first game before they got slapped around by the Steelers. If the Dolphins have a chance to get in the playoffs they had better be able to beat the Jets this week.

Posts: 10424 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

If the Dolphins have a chance to get in the playoffs they had better be able to beat the Jets this week.

No Problemo. Tebow go bye bye. Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Rams will win this year's Super Bowl and whatever team is unlucky enough to face them in it will at least have a conference championship banner to hang in their stadium next season.

But seriously, my own pipe dream aside, I'm really chiming in on this thread to say so long to STEVE SABOL of NFL Films who just passed away after an 18 month battle with brain cancer. Steve with his efforts at NFL Films over the last 4 decades did a lot to help this game reach the its current lofty heights. He will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace, Steve Sabol, and condolences to his family including his father Ed, who founded the company.

Well said.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So my wife, who knows very little about football sees the replay of the interception/touchdown on Monday night. She says the guy in yellow and white has the ball, what's the problem? I told her that they gave it to the other team, she could not believe it. I am thinking of putting in her resume to be a replacement official this weekend. I mean, what could go wrong?

Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If the Dolphins have a chance to get in the playoffs they had better be able to beat the Jets this week.

No Problemo. Tebow go bye bye. Twak

See Wolfie, this weekend is why the Fins will struggle this year. First year coach, first year QB leads to a big learning curve. I do like the poise the kid is showing in the pocket however. I think he will be a keeper.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm still trying to work out how we could possibly have lost. Frown

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
..........and as for the Green Bay fiasco, they wouldn't have got me back out on the field for the extra point, i'd have been half way to the airport.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Two blown field goals, no pass rush and a shaky quarterback, you want more? Big Grin

As for the Packer game, yeah it was a terrible call, but if the Pack had scored more in the game they wouldn't have had to worry about the ending.

And once the regular refs come back, just how many games will it take before they blow a call that gives the win to the wrong team? Everyone seems to forget that they were no prizes either. And that's not even counting the insane way the league rules have eveyone slow-mo analyzing what is a catch, what is a fumble, etc. I mean the announcers are watching these replays from three angles, five times over, and going "See the point of the football spun a 36th of a 36th of a meter. He didn't have control going to the ground, it's an incomplete pass." Give me a break, the guy caught the ball and got slammed by a 300 pound Safety.

These games are getting painful to sit through when your team wins, and even worse when it doesn't. Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10424 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
..........and as for the Green Bay fiasco, they wouldn't have got me back out on the field for the extra point, i'd have been half way to the airport.

Are you allowed to travel by airplane?

Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wolfie:

Two blown field goals, no pass rush and a shaky quarterback, you want more? Big Grin

No pass rush? You obviously are not watching the Dolphins game if you think there is no pass rush.