Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    eBay UK down !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

eBay UK down !
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Hi, anyone else unable to access ebay.co.uk this morning ? I can't get to the Blowout Forums either but that isn't quite as important Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Works fine here.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can you get to the Blowout forums Wolfie ?

Also, it seems I am not alone with regard to eBay UK:

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/ebay

It just isn;t affecting the whole country....yet Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
still working fine here. I don't know what blowout forums are.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm relieved to say that eBay is now back. I may not like eBay as a company but their site does have its uses Big Grin

Blowout Cards in addition to selling sports and non-sports cards, runs an online forum much like NSU Card Talk but it covers both sports and non-sports as well as comics. You would bump into a few familiar names if you dropped by sometime Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Don't encourage him Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have not been able to get on in the last hour over here.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It was out for a couple of hours for a lot of people in the US two different times in the last few weeks. The time I noticed I read a tip from someone who said if you had any listing or purchase confirmation emails from Ebay, you could get into and use Ebay if you went through the link in one of those emails, as opposed to typing the address in your browser.
I took the advice and was able to get on that way, could be the same for you in the UK.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been finding I can view uk items but us items I can only view half a page unless I log in direct via the usa ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like eBay has gone down again Shake Head

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Has anyone got onto ebay yet, I can't.?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Has anyone got onto ebay yet, I can't.?
As I said in the post before yours, it looks like eBay is down yet again Shake Head I haven't been able to get on the site for several hours today. I can't get to either ebay.co.uk or ebay.com. Not good.

Of course, once the smoke has cleared and everything is back up and running, eBay will probably claim it was a technical problem with the Internet which is/was beyond their control and accept no further responsibility for any losses incurred by their sellers as a result of the outage. When items posted out get damaged or lost in the post by the couriers, the Seller is always to blame, is told they should have used a more reliable courier and then get hit with low DSRs and feedback, 'Defects' and additional charges. Perhaps eBay should have used a more reliable Internet Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
ebay back up and running.