Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    NFL Playoffs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL Playoffs
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted
Here goes the fearless forecaster's first round of terrible playoff predictions!!! Remember this is supposed to be fun because some people take this so darn serious. Big Grin

Houston 23 Bungles 13, flu kills Dalton's good season

New Orleans 34 Detroit 23, can't keep up with the Brees

Giants 34 Falcons 24, Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz can do it in the playoffs too!!!

Stealers 23 Tebows 12, in the hardest to watch game of the weekend, yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Colts on golf course with the Dolphins, what a shame.
Twak

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:

Twak

Please do not put my Dolphins in the same room as the worst team in the NFL. Twak Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:

Twak

Please do not put my Dolphins in the same room as the worst team in the NFL. Twak Big Grin

Hey my team too, not to far behind the Colts. However, at least they had heart.
Thumb Up

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Can't really disagree with your picks Headless, but if there is an upset I think it will be the Falcons over the Giants. I believe the Giants SHOULD win, but I have the same bad feeling as with the Cowboy game. Dallas spotted them the entire first half, they beat themselves. Atlanta is a terrible road team, but if they keep it close the Giants are a lot less clutch than they pretend.

As for Tebow, finally saw the Broncos for a whole game. What an offensive game plan, I can hardly believe Elway would put that on the field. If the Steelers don't win they should all retire. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the stats are over the past few games (when the Giants have been 'clicking') but I think Atlanta is better overall.

Houston 17 Cincinnati 13
New Orleans 45 Detroit 41
Atlanta 28 New York 24
Pittsburgh 19 Denver 10

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
New Orleans will be faves but i think Detroit are a lot better then people think and there could be a surprise here.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
New Orleans will be faves but i think Detroit are a lot better then people think and there could be a surprise here.

I'd like to see the Lions win too because I have been rooting for them all year, but they have fallen off a bit since other teams realized they were a threat. Brees is so hot right now, no one expects the Saints to lose. Plus the big match up will be when Brees meets Rodgers, if it gets that far. But as they say, any given Sunday. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's Tebow time. Get down. Dance

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There is no way the Steelers defense should have allowed Tebow to throw for 316 yards. To shut it down for 8 yards in the first quarter and then fall asleep for 2 quarters is just bad football. It was a great comeback by Big Ben, but that first OT play was unbelievable.

Not all the Steelers should retire and the injuries really were a disadvantage, but certainly some of them should be replaced next year. Wink

Anyway next week's games are pretty straight forward, of this week's winners I would only pick the Saints to move on. They are not as good on the road either, but its hard not to go with the hot hand.

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
As much as I hate to admit it, if Tebowski can do that to the Steelers defense, how in the world does New England's defense have a chance?
It's all up to Brady/Welker/Gronk & the O-Line!

Saints def. 49ers
Giants def. Packers
Ravens def. Texans
Patriots def. Broncos

Saints def. Giants
Patriots def. Ravens

Saints def. Patriots Smokin'

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
The worst part about the playoffs so far is that I live in the Denver area so all I've heard over the last week is how great Tebow is.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Time for fearless forecaster, week 2:

49'ers in minor upset over Saints 27-23
Patriots stop Tebow 34-17
Texans 27 Ravens 20 as Johnson goes nuts
Packers survive Giants 34-31

Have fun this weekend and avoid Batboy at all costs.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmcdjj37:
The worst part about the playoffs so far is that I live in the Denver area so all I've heard over the last week is how great Tebow is.

He now has a song. Big Grin I don't envy you in Denver. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Glad no one has money on these games. Big Grin

So its Giants vs. 49ers, Patriots vs. Ravens.

The Saints/49ers match up was the best football game I've seen in a long time. The 4 TDs in the last 2 minutes was unreal. Maybe it was because I didn't care which one won, but I kept expecting the Saints to end up on top. At least Brees and the offense played well, defense not so much. Wink

The Patriots destroyed the Broncos on every level. It was no contest, end of story.

The Ravens got very lucky because the Texans were outplaying them, but the QB and the play calling at critical times gave it away.

I don't know what happened to the Packers. Too many commercials for the stars maybe. Too many dropped balls by receivers and too much time for Eli. The Giants got healthy and hot at the right time.

I'll make my picks now even though I have been only 50/50 so far. Patriots win (good bet), 49ers win (only maybe bet).

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree Raven that 49ers/Saints game was one of the most entertaining games I seen in a long time. I would like to see the Ravens and Giants in the Super Bowl, both championship games should be close, but as Headless always says, don't take road teams! If we go with that theory, it will be Patriots/Niners. We shall see! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
HA! I forgot I'd picked the Giants to win lol
I really don't want to see a repeat of Giants / Patriots (and I'm pretty sure they will beat the Ravens), so here's hoping the 49ers D shuts down Eli!
It's been a wild year for football and I'm glad it's not over yet.

Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I think Flacco is going to go off against the poor New England Defense while Ed Reed and company shut down Brady.

And since the 49ers are going to beat the Giants the brothers are going to have a rematch, only this time Jim comes out on top.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
PAT'S RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Other's drool. Drool Drool Clap Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The Saints/49ers match up was the best football game I've seen in a long time. The 4 TDs in the last 2 minutes was unreal. Maybe it was because I didn't care which one won, but I kept expecting the Saints to end up on top. At least Brees and the offense played well, defense not so much. Wink

This was a tough loss for those of us in south Louisiana. The Saints defense simply did not click in this game. Of course, having a bunch of turnovers in the first half did not help any, either.

I don't think the 49'ers will get past the Giants, so I am thinking it will be Patriots/Giants in the big game. Personally, I could skip the game entirely, no matter who plays, since my team is gone now. But, then I would not be able to enjoy the commercials and the chance to eat lots of food that is so good but is so bad for you...

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
PAT'S RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Other's drool. Drool Drool Clap Metal

I agree! I can't wait for the game on Sunday.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post