Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2017 NFL Season
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So Patriots v. Jaguars and Vikings v. Eagles.

Did not think Eagles would still be here and did not expect Steelers to lose today,

Oh well, the Saints lost that great game because of the last play, all he had to do was knock him down, he was right there. The Steelers lost because they could not get INCHES on 2 4th down attempts.

I hate the Steelers play calling. When you need 3 INCHES and pitch it back 5 YARDS to a runner, that is stupid. When you need 3 INCHES and throw downfield, that is stupid. Brady keeps it and goes straight ahead and always gets the 3 INCHES. Big Ben can't do that, come on. The Steelers have run bad plays like this all year and in this game it cost them, not to mention the onside kick they was unnecessary and the turn overs. They made some terrific plays, but they deserved to lose for the little ones they didn't make.

It just makes it that much easier for the Patriots. I could be wrong, but I think the Jaguars hit their peak today and will roll for the Patriots next week. I don't see the Eagles beating the Vikings. So its Vikings v. Patriots for the Super Bowl. The Vikings already had their lucky break, so if no one gets hurt, it will be Patriots again.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A surprising final four to say the least. This is the most uninteresting NFC Championship game I can ever remember. Even though I'm not an Eagles fan I can't help but feel for them for losing Wentz, their QB. They would have a legitimate shot to win the whole thing if he was healthy. That said I will still pick the Eagles in the next game because they're at home, and I really don't believe Minnesota is as good as their record says. That atmosphere in Philly is going to be electric. I want to see Minnesota go in there and win. In the AFC, a big part of me is rooting for the underdog Jacksonville. Their QB Blake Bortles takes far too much criticism. Some of it is warranted but much of it isn't. He's nowhere near as bad as critics would have us believe. But the Patriots will win. And probably easily. So my revised Super Bowl prediction is New England vs. Philadelphia. And New England will win by at least 14. Tom Brady doesn't lose Super Bowls unless the opposing QB's name is Eli Manning. And Bortles, Foles, or Keenum will have to show me first that they can beat Tom Brady in a big game for me to believe that it can happen.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So how many people think that Brady is playing cute with his supposed hand injury so that the odds against the Jaguars go down and the game looks more competitive for the ratings?

I do. I'll believe Brady's hurt when I see him sitting on the bench, otherwise they are just lying to create suspense. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well well what a surprise, the Patriots are in the Superbowl.

I must admit though i expected more from the vikings.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
well well what a surprise, the Patriots are in the Superbowl.

I must admit though i expected more from the vikings.

Me too. I thought the Vikings had the better team, but offense died after the first score and their big D seemed unable to stop anything.

Based on just those two games I'd say the Eagles look real good for a match up with the Patriots, who just barely pulled it out from another team that can't play solid for all 4 quarters.

Yet who is not going to pick the Patriots again given the undeniable track record. I'll root for the Eagles, but I wouldn't bet on them. Wink

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Holy Toledo what a game. Clap

Possibly the greatest Superbowl ever especially if you like wide open shoot out's. Bouncey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Great game, happy surprise.

I thought the commercials were pretty bad for the Super Bowl at 5 million dollars for 30 seconds.

Hands down, the Giants Dirty Dancing was the best one. I LMAO. Runner up was E-Trade and the working retirees. After that I really don't have one.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Great game, happy surprise.

I thought the commercials were pretty bad

The good news for us in the UK is that we do not have to see them. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Didn't know there were NFL fans on here. We'll have to update this thread to cover the 2018-2019 season Thumb Up

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post