Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2017 NFL Season
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted
Let the shenanigans begin and the fearless forecasting fall apart after two weeks. My predictions were horrible last year, so what could go wrong?

AFC Division Winners:
Patriots
Steelers
Titans
Raiders

Wild Cards:
Dolphins
Chiefs

NFC Division Winners:
Giants
Packers
Falcons
Seahawks

Wild Card:
Eagles
Cardinals(alot of birds in the NFC)

Super Bowl:

Packers over the hated Pats
Thumb Up

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
My NFL predictions that will go terrible wrong... Metal

AFC Division Winners:
Patriots
Steelers
Texans
Chiefs

Wild Cards:
Titans
Raiders

NFC Division Winners:
Cowboys
Packers
Falcons
Cardinals

Wild Cards:
Seahawks
Giants

Super Bowl:
Steelers vs. Cowboys

Champions: Cowboys

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here comes some more picks to bet against Razz ...

AFC Division Winners:

Patriots
Steelers
Titans
Chiefs

Wild Cards:

Raiders
Bengals

NFC Division Winners:

Cowboys
Packers
Falcons
Seahawks

Wild Cards:

Giants
Panthers

Super Bowl:

Packers beat the Steelers.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Already I'm demanding a pick-over for my AFC Wild Cards. Big Grin The Bengals look absolutely atrocious. Shake Head

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

COLT POWER!

Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I had to wait the first week to see what they really looked like and I will still be wrong. Big Grin

AFC Division Winners:
Patriots
Titans
Steelers
Chiefs

Wild Cards:
Ravens
Raiders

NFC Division Winners:
Cowboys
Panthers
Packers
Seahawks

Wild Cards:
Falcons
Lions

Super Bowl:
Steelers
Cowboys

Super Bowl Winner: Steelers

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
New York teams Giants and Jets, hard to tell which one looked worse.

No one expects the Jets to go anywhere, lucky if they are even competitive. They have been rebuilding for the last 6 years and still manage to not even have a quarterback. Their best hope this year is to have most loses so they get high draft pick. Pathetic. Shake Head

Giants were a disgrace against Cowboys. Don't tell me its all because Beckham didn't play. One receiver does not make a team, not in football. If he is their only offensive weapon, they are going nowhere anyway. Eli looked older than Peyton after this one. Maybe they should switch it up. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm late but I want to play too.

AFC Division Winners:
NE
PIT
TENN
KC

Wild cards:
Miami
Oakland

NFC Division Winners
Dallas
GB
ATL
Sea

Wild cards:
Philadelphia
Carolina

Super Bowl: Seattle over KC

You never know who's going to get injured and who goes on a winning streak late. Buffalo and the Jets aren't going anywhere. Miami could win 10 games again if they split with New England but that's an old Miami fan's hope. You can't go by Game 1 but I think Brady will show his age this year.

Pittsburgh beat Cleveland but only a field goal yesterday and Baltimore is better but Pittsburgh is still the best team. Cincinnati will bounce back from yesterday's performance but still won't make the playoffs. Baltimore could be a wild card.

Jacksonville beat a Houston team that should have been incredibly motivated and has a great defense. Jax might get 5-6 wins and Houston will bounce back but Tennessee should win the division with 9-10 wins.

Oakland looked good and KC looked great. I think they'll split their games but KC will edge out Oakland for the division title and make it to the Super Bowl.

People have been talking about Dallas dropping off this year but they looked good against the Giants last night. I expected Washington to beat Philadelphia yesterday. The division winner might have only 9-10 wins this year.

Minnesota might be a wild card but I think Green Bay will win both of their games so Minnesota will have a hard time getting to 10 wins especially if they split with Detroit.

Atlanta gets back into the playoffs but Carolina splits with them. Tampa Bay and New Orleans get better though.

The Rams looked good yesterday and Seattle struggled but Seattle is still the class of that division. I think Arizona will go 8-8 or 9-7 helped by two wins over SF which will play better across the season but end up 4-12 or maybe 5-11.

In the Super Bowl Seattle beats Kansas City 20-17.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Its going to be a crazy year.

The Jets, with no quarterback and no team, are tied with the Patriots at 3 and 2. This team was expecting an 0 for year and best pick in the next year draft. They are talking contender now, but I really think they still will fold. Not their fault, management has gotten no good players for years.

The Giants, words can hardly express it. No wins in 5 games and all wide receivers hurt yesterday. I said last year that Beckham could easily be out of football by 30, but that was because of attitude. Now it looks like health will be the problem. This guy could not come in to train. He was making a statement about getting a big contract.

Contrary to what you might hear, most Giant fans don't like him. They love him when the team wins. When the Giants don't win his antics are just a pain in the you-know-what. The Giants have not been winning with him, so talk show fans have recently been calling for a trade. Good luck with that now. His future is unknown and the Giants have no idea how much to pay him or if they can build a team around him anymore. I never thought he was a good long term bet, but what do I know, I'm a Steeler fan.

Speaking of which, the Steelers are in disarray and at 3 and 2 with the Colts. If they make the playoffs its because they are lucky to be in a soft division. I picked them for the Super Bowl, but they are not looking like it right now. I think this business of standing or kneeling has been a particular distraction to them and how dumb is that?

Green Bay and Rodgers looked fantastic yesterday on offense, but still not a complete team. Would not want to play them though. Cowboys should have run down the clock. Their mistake.

Lots more to talk about, but takes too much time to rundown everybody. No one seems to want to come back to this thread for comments. How come?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

No one seems to want to come back to this thread for comments. How come?

Us Dolphins fans are in hiding, i have never seen us playing as bad as this, it's going to be a terrible season. Shake Head

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Us Dolphins fans are in hiding, i have never seen us playing as bad as this, it's going to be a terrible season. Shake Head

Buck up, all is not lost. They came back. Thumb Up

Steelers won, although I don't know how. Chiefs did not play well for a formerly undefeated team. Wink

If you needed another reason why pro football is going down the tubes, checkout the invisible fumble in the Jets/Pats game. That is the worst instant replay call ever and it is going to bring about some major changes in this idiotic replay system called by someone sitting in league offices.

The Patriots are better than the Jets, but the Jets had that touchdown. It was called a touchdown on the field. The instant replay showed the ball head jiggled before the receiver regained control and went out of bounds right before he hit the goal line pylon. Amazingly, not only does the replay official reverse the touchdown, but he decides that the receiver fumbled and the Patriots get it back with no points scored by the Jets.

There was never a fumble, the ball never even left the receiver's hand. Maybe the Jets would have lost anyway, but they would have been only 3 points down and they got a field goal on the next possession.

How can you take these games seriously? How can you put money into it? This is paralysis by regulation. All the same errors are happening, since many plays are labeled as unreviewable, yet something so basic is gotten wrong just because of slow motion review. Its a disgrace and every football fan should be up in arms about it.

Oh and Aaron Rodgers is probably lost for the season, so there goes the Packers. Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Dolphins beat the Titans last week and then came back from 0-17 and won against the Falcons. There's still hope.

Yeah, on the highlights I saw the Chiefs had chances to win that game.

Yes, I watched that Pats-Jets game. The guy did bobble the ball but then had it when he hit the pylon and hit the ground, maintaining control of the ball. That's a touchdown. How does someone overturn that call? Nothing less than the ball hitting the ground should have overturned it.

Still, a lot of plays we're not remembering now have been reviewed and corrected. There is more justice out there now.

What about that play last week when the Chiefs got that crazy touchdown in the last seconds on a turnover, covering the spread in the process when it seemed the game was over. The guy recovering the fumble shouldn't have risked running it into the endzone. All he had to do was fall on it to seal the victory. If he had been hit and lost the ball, he would've made the blooper reel of all-time goofs.

Yeah, the loss of Rodgers shifts power in the NFC. The Vikings won that game and may take the division now unless Detroit, which seemed like a solidifying team, bounces back from giving up 52 points yesterday. Tribisky has looked pretty good the past couple of weeks so Chicago could make things interesting.

Philadelphia looks great. Seattle might have gotten its bye-week at a good time. Arizona got better with the acquisition of Adrian Peterson. The Raiders just picked up Navarro Bowman which can only be a plus. The 49ers benched Hoyer but he did help keep them in games. They might have 2-3 wins if the receivers hadn't dropped so many passes - more than any other team. If they drop as many of Beathard's passes, they are going to lose close games across the rest of the season. They say Bowman was being outplayed at his position but I think they should have kept him at least through the rest of the season. The 49ers have one less veteran who remembers what winning feels like.

Jess

quote:
quote:

Buck up, all is not lost. They came back. Thumb Up

Steelers won, although I don't know how. Chiefs did not play well for a formerly undefeated team. Wink

If you needed another reason why pro football is going down the tubes, checkout the invisible fumble in the Jets/Pats game. That is the worst instant replay call ever and it is going to bring about some major changes in this idiotic replay system called by someone sitting in league offices.

The Patriots are better than the Jets, but the Jets had that touchdown. It was called a touchdown on the field. The instant replay showed the ball head jiggled before the receiver regained control and went out of bounds right before he hit the goal line pylon. Amazingly, not only does the replay official reverse the touchdown, but he decides that the receiver fumbled and the Patriots get it back with no points scored by the Jets.

There was never a fumble, the ball never even left the receiver's hand. Maybe the Jets would have lost anyway, but they would have been only 3 points down and they got a field goal on the next possession.

How can you take these games seriously? How can you put money into it? This is paralysis by regulation. All the same errors are happening, since many plays are labeled as unreviewable, yet something so basic is gotten wrong just because of slow motion review. Its a disgrace and every football fan should be up in arms about it.

Oh and Aaron Rodgers is probably lost for the season, so there goes the Packers. Frown

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:

Still, a lot of plays we're not remembering now have been reviewed and corrected. There is more justice out there now.

The Vikings won that game and may take the division now unless Detroit, which seemed like a solidifying team, bounces back from giving up 52 points yesterday.

Philadelphia looks great.

Jess

Yes, instant replay has been effective on some really bad calls, but others fall into the category of unreviewable, so they don't even get looked at. Plus now they are overanalyzing for every slight ball movement when going out of bounds. The thing that got me on that Jets play was not that they didn't allow the touchdown, but that they also gave the ball to the Pats. And every pro commentator couldn't believe it either.

I like the Lions. Even when they were an awful team, I always rooted for them to win on Thanksgiving Day. Since Stafford came I have expected them to really step up and maybe get to the Super Bowl. It's not happening again, although I picked them for the Wild Card and they may make playoffs. However they are too inconsistent, even now. All those close games they usually win would never be close if they could play good ball for 4 quarters. That's the thing, Stafford is called clutch in games that they should have put away early. To me, they are still playing that way and they just won't go that far even if they take a Wild Card.

The Eagles do look good. I didn't pick them to make the playoffs at all, so that and Rodgers injury may pretty much blow up my picks.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I said i would not comment again after the Dolphins sold their best player and conceded the season but i can't let this pass.

WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS. Clap Bouncey Dance Elephant

I wonder which Dolphins team will turn up next week? One week they look good and the next they look total rubbish. Confused

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Beating the Patriots can make the whole season worthwhile. Big Grin

Go Steelers!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh yes Wolfie, that was one sweet win. It made me nervous when Miami could get only two field goals early especially after the Patriots went up 7-6. It was great though when we got that touchdown after that and built a good lead.

I got nervous again when Cutler had a clear shot at running for a first down but threw an awkward pass and missed instead. New England made it look close but time was running out to the point that they had to hope for a low-percentage onside kick recovery. Miami got it. Game over.

It is one of those great wins in recent Dolphins history - a bright spot in the year even if our playoff hopes are dim.

Jess

quote:
I said i would not comment again after the Dolphins sold their best player and conceded the season but i can't let this pass.

WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS. Clap Bouncey Dance Elephant

I wonder which Dolphins team will turn up next week? One week they look good and the next they look total rubbish. Confused

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No matter what else happens, the Patriots will still win. Mad

The lengths that they take instant replay to in order to overturn calls is just as bad as when the refs simply blew calls on their own. And then to throw an end zone interception. Come on, just give them the Super Bowl now why don't you? Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that interception was a key play. Now, the Patriots have home games against the Bills and the Jets which should lead to home fields in the playoffs. One of these opponents better get pressure on Brady or it's going to be another Super Bowl with New England.

quote:
No matter what else happens, the Patriots will still win. Mad

The lengths that they take instant replay to in order to overturn calls is just as bad as when the refs simply blew calls on their own. And then to throw an end zone interception. Come on, just give them the Super Bowl now why don't you? Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Looks like everybody's playoff picks were way off, I know mine were.

This year we have some pretty shaky teams in the Wild Card round. Not only have they lost a lot of games, some look to be going in the wrong direction right now. The games might turn out to be good though. Nothing like two weak teams slugging it out. Big Grin

The Saints could be the sleeper, but the Eagles look like they have problems. I think Steelers will play Patriots and the winner of that will also be the winner of the Super Bowl.

I picked the Steelers at the beginning of the year and hope they can somehow manage to take it, but honestly, they have not shown that they can beat the Patriots.