Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 AUTOGRAPH
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 AUTOGRAPH
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
How misleading is it for Topps to call a printed dragon footprint card an autograph card?

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I don't think it's misleading at all. What did you expect from a Dragon's autograph. Here's how it was solicited:

quote:
Inserts
(10) Riders License - A funny take on drivers licenses of the dragon riders
(5) Punch Out Constructible
(10) Foil Character Cards
(10) Location Cards - See where the dragons live
(10) Temporary Tattoos
(20) Sticker Cards
(5) Dragon "Autographs" - Footprints of the most popular dragons

Autographs in quotes and a description of what they intended.

Now, I've not see the packaging for this one, but they didn't sell it as having autographs.

And, autographs in a $2 pack are practically unheard of anymore.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You mean compared to UD doing a mocked up ScarJo autograph card in pre-release and then never having made it for the product?

Not even close to misleading. Big Grin

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not being a dealer I did not get the solicitation. They could have called the bonus card dragon footprint card but knowing how collectors have an obsession with pack pulled autographs it was a marketing move to call it that. I thought it was strange that there was one in every 24 packs.

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Honestly, I don't think it's misleading at all. What did you expect from a Dragon's autograph. Here's how it was solicited:

quote:
Inserts
(10) Riders License - A funny take on drivers licenses of the dragon riders
(5) Punch Out Constructible
(10) Foil Character Cards
(10) Location Cards - See where the dragons live
(10) Temporary Tattoos
(20) Sticker Cards
(5) Dragon "Autographs" - Footprints of the most popular dragons

Autographs in quotes and a description of what they intended.

Now, I've not see the packaging for this one, but they didn't sell it as having autographs.

And, autographs in a $2 pack are practically unheard of anymore.

Ed

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post