Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Joss Whedon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joss Whedon
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
So a new chapter begins in the history of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, with at least a few of the female stars indicating that creator Joss Whedon was not what he was cracked up to be, to put it mildly. All at once we are getting hints and stories from Charisma Carpenter, Michelle Trachtenberg and Eliza Dushku, along with supportive tweets by Sarah Michelle Gellar, of so far rather non-specific bad behavior.

This is also being followed up by talk from mainly male actors in The Justice League, reporting problems with Whedon going on during filming.

Whedon has been a star show runner and film maker for more than 20 years. If this is just the tip of the iceberg, it's going to be a shipwreck. I don't know what to say. Things are happening with Hollywood that you can't predict. Buffy had their 20th anniversary reunion a couple of years ago and everything was supposed to be wonderful. To be continued . . .

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
2022's hottest movie:
Harvey Weinstein presents Joss Whedon's "The Revengers" starring Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp, Gina Carano, and Shia LeBeouf.

The rag tag team rises from the ashes to take on the menace of...The Crimson Canceller!
(Harv's currently in talks with Marilyn Manson to play that coveted role.)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I notice all these people were saying nothing at all about him when he was making them all household names and filling their pockets with cash.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I notice all these people were saying nothing at all about him when he was making them all household names and filling their pockets with cash.

Yeah, that is the problem with a lot of this belated victimization, and I say that with no pleasure because these situations are truly awful when they are actually happening to you.

But at a certain point, after years of nothing but praise, it becomes were you lying then or are you lying now? These same Buffy actors worked with Whedon on numerous projects long after the show. It will probably transpire that he's been up to some nasty things all along, he was in the position to do damage, but is there no responsibility for going along with it? Can you just send the steak back after you ate it?

Some people don't. In all businesses and jobs, some people don't just bend, and they are the ones who pay a price for not going along with it. They are the ones who need justice. And I'm off my soapbox. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post