Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Hurricane Sandy
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane Sandy
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aside from damage to homes and cities, glad you all are safe.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
Luckily it was just lots of rain here. Some trees down I've heard. I live on the 21st floor and could feel the building shake. That was scary. I hope everyone is ok. Some of the damage in the hardest areas are just devastating. I hope the clean-up/recovery is quick for those affected.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:

Do you live in NYC Raven?

In the city, not Manhattan. If you're in Forest Hills you must know Royal on Metro. Use to be a few hobby stores in that area, now only one. Happy to hear that you didn't have a lot of damage. That micro-burst creamed the place the last time, at least Sandy missed you. Smile

Posts: 10420 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...I was scheduled to fly back into La Guardia airport in NYC but had to rebook my flight, because the runways are literally underwater! Luckily I was able to rebook on the last two seats on a flight to JFK on Saturday! Worst case scenario...I'd be stranded in Disney world a little longer...I'm just happy everyone fared ok!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Myself and Batman are alive and well. No power for awhile, not sure when.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Been following this thread to see how you C-Talkers in the NorthEast are doing....

My Mom is still living in southeast NYS and she won't have electicity for at least another week.

We get extreme weather down here in the Lone Star state, so I feel your pain. Hope you all hang in there until your lives get back to
normal (relatively speaking...) Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Not having fun no heat no hot water excited that I scored some ice today LOL!S

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about this Headless and Bob. I'm really hoping you get your power back before the estimate. Best of luck to you both.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just got my power back, thank the lord. Although, I guess that means I will have to invite Batman over for the Colts/Dolphins game.

Wink

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
Just got my power back, thank the lord.

Great. Glad to hear it. Hope Batman gets his power restored to the Batcave shortly too. Too bad you guys won't be able to run in the marathon. Wink Red Face Razz

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They came to their senses and called it off what a no brainet still no power tomorrow instead of chase cards I will be chasing a tank of gas!

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Just got my power back, thank the lord.

Great. Glad to hear it. Hope Batman gets his power restored to the Batcave shortly too. Too bad you guys won't be able to run in the marathon. Wink Red Face Razz

Kind of hard with a broken leg!!!!

Twak

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
They came to their senses and called it off what a no brainet still no power tomorrow instead of chase cards I will be chasing a tank of gas!

Actually there is almost nothing that's a no brainer to our Mayor Mike when he wants it. The front page Post pictures of his line of electric generators for the marathon created such a backlash of angry New Yorkers that he had to cancel despite himself. Now if we could only get those Big Gulp sodas back. Big Grin

Seriously, the situation for some folks in certain parts of the city is almost unbelievable and the lack of gas everywhere is plain nuts. This mess is still evolving and while some things are improving, other things are getting worse. Its going to take a long time to get back to normal, sadly some people never will. Frown

Posts: 10420 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard from Tom? I know he lives in NJ but not sure where. I emailed him a couple of days ago and have had no responce. I've been out of town/touch the few days.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Has anyone heard from Tom? I know he lives in NJ but not sure where. I emailed him a couple of days ago and have had no responce. I've been out of town/touch the few days.

Tom is OK. I spoke to him yesterday. He has power but not Internet (though I think he might have it on his phone). He said he's OK and no damage to property.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just got my power back, thank the lord. Although, I guess that means I will have to invite Batman over for the Colts/Dolphins game.

Wink

Invite him and then go out!!! Big Grin

Posts: 12160 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
They came to their senses and called it off what a no brainer still no power tomorrow instead of chase cards I will be chasing a tank of gas!

The only surprise was it took so long to call it off!! Hope you get power soon

Posts: 12160 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
They came to their senses and called it off what a no brainer still no power tomorrow instead of chase cards I will be chasing a tank of gas!

Batman got his power back last night. Of course, he sent his wife off packing somewhere else first and than poof, on comes the power.

Me thinks it was a set up.

Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Dad got hit with some heavy wind & rain in upstate NY, but didn't lose power (not everyone in the town was so lucky) and Nana& Grandad in NC reported that they were 2 hours from Atlantic and 4 hours from the snow so didn't get anything.
Phew!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Batman got his power back last night. Of course, he sent his wife off packing somewhere else first and than poof, on comes the power.

Me thinks it was a set up.

Big Grin

He is a cunning super hero Big Grin