Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Hurricane Sandy
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane Sandy
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted
Good luck to everyone with the impending storm. They already closed my kids' schools on Monday and Tuesday.

Have to do a mass cleanup outside of all furniture/plants before the storm hits here in NJ. Luckily have people to come help with my broken leg.

Of course, where is Batman????????? Hiding in his batcave of course.

Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
You told me you were all prepared when I asked you. I was at the Boat House tonight for a pre-storm party and I am going to the Wines Inn tomorrow for football. Considering I will be trapped in my house with my wife for days I need to make the most of it! Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
You told me you were all prepared when I asked you. I was at the Boat House tonight for a pre-storm party and I am going to the Wines Inn tomorrow for football. Considering I will be trapped in my house with my wife for days I need to make the most of it! Wink

Have fun tomorrow, Uncle Jason coming over to help the kids.

Good luck with the wife and the Colts tomorrow. Have a beer for me.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can think of a load of things worse than trapped in the house with your lovely wife Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I find all this early forecasting to be a pain. NY and NJ have declared a state of emergency when the storm is days away. Half the people are in a panic and stocking up like the Apocalypse is coming. The other half of the people don't believe their officials and are taking no precautions at all.

It seems like the more technology we have, the less we can accurately predict anything. The more advanced our interstructure, the more fragile it is. I don't know how we managed to survive this long. Big Grin

Here's hoping nothing but rain comes our way. Everyone stay safe wherever you are. Wavey

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

I can think of a load of things worse than trapped in the house with your lovely wife Big Grin

Good lord, you don't know Mrs. Batman very well, do you?

Eek

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Hope you all stay safe

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone is ok when it goes away. Wavey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just sitting here and waiting for the worse storm ever. All outside is cleaned up and my wife and kids did a great job.

Kids have off next two days and my wife has been told not to come in yet, also.

What about me?

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Already lost internet at home so at office so I can get some work done. Wind is starting to howl and it's getting cold. Last harrah at Wines Inn for 1 o'clock NFL games and then home where I imagine I will be stuck for days with no power. Good grief! Eek

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No wind here yet, but temperature is dropping. Now I here Uncle Jason is sleeping over, lord help me.

Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Its supposed to come through here too, though I would imagine it's strength will be much weakened after it sees Batman and Headless Eek

Best of luck everyone.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I bought some canned food, peanut butter and water. Hoping I don't need it. I can hear the wind start to howl, and I'm thankful right now my apartment is on the second floor.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
It's weird....it's supposed to pass right through here but it's nearly sunny here with no wind. Maybe the calm before the storm?? Still hoping it goes elsewhere.

Went to a Halloween party last night. NSU writer Dave Thompson was there. He came dressed as Hurricane Sandy. Roll Eyes

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well the wind has picked up, not a drop of rain has fallen yet, but from all indications we are going to get hammered through Wednesday morning.

Schools have been closed for Monday and the entire NY transit system will be shut down tonight. Weather updates are non-stop. If one more forecaster tells me about George Clooney and the Perfect Storm I am going to throw out my TV. Big Grin

After the football games of course. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I have family in NC&NY, thankfully not on the coast.

But I worry about them so much at times like this, so hard being so far away Frown

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Lots of wind, some rain before but now it's dry and still have internet and cable. It would be great if they get this all wrong!! Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Millhouse here my pray's go out to all those nsu members that will be effected by Hurricane Sandy

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
High winds and driving rain right now and the worst won't hit until later today/tonight. I suspect power will be out in a couple of hours! Eek

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I'm NOT liking this wind...be safe everyone.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post