Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2016 NFL
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So to the Super Bowl we go:

Wild Card -

Steelers beat Dolphins

How dare you, how very dare you. Twak Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
So to the Super Bowl we go:

Wild Card -

Steelers beat Dolphins

How dare you, how very dare you. Twak Big Grin

Yeah, sorry about that, but look on the bright side.

If they do lose to the Steelers, you won't have to watch them lose again to the Patriots the following week. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The spread would be lower if you were quarterbacking Wolfie!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
The spread would be lower if you were quarterbacking Wolfie!

That would put the fear of god up them Patriots. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
OMG!!! is it over yet. Shake Head

I don't think we could play any worse if we tried. Twak

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I'm 4 for 4 today Dance , but I don't know how I mixed up the match ups for next week, so here goes my picks again, which really don't change my original divisional winners:

Divisional -

Seahawks beat Falcons

Packers beat Cowboys

Patriots beat Texans (slaughter probably)

Chiefs beat Steelers (sigh)

Champions -

Packers beat Seahawks

Chiefs beat Patriots (upset?)

Super Bowl -

Packers beat Chiefs

On a side note, the Giants got blown out because the Packers are hot and the Giants offense never really clicked this year. They got the breaks to win enough games, but they were never as good as their record or OBJ's antics. He was a non factor today despite his talk, dropping plenty of balls. OBJ is very talented, but does not have the disposition to be a great receiver. I predict that, unless he grows up soon, he will be out of football by 30 like many other talented football players.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Split decision, Patriots won, but I was surprised by Falcons pretty easy victory. Glad because I dislike the Seahawks, but they usually up their game in the playoffs. Not yesterday.

The Patriots take too long getting started. I'm beginning to think that my upset pick next week might work.

Really looking forward to today's games. Will be rooting for the Steelers, even though I expect them to be knocked out.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that the Cowboys will not play well and make it easy for The Pack. I could be totally wrong about that, but Dallas has done so well this year, I just think that a bad outing is due them and it might pop up now that everyone expects a great game.

Be aware that the kickoff times have changed due to weather. I believe the we have a night game in KC now. Happy watching!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
STEELERS WIN!! STEELERS WIN!! Dance Elephant Metal

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I watched the Packers / Cowboys game which was superb. Clap

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It was a great game. I was wrong about the Cowboys not showing up, but the 21 - 3 Packer lead in the first quarter did hurt badly. I don't know if the Pack thought it was a romp, but they let them back and then held on for dear life. I really believe that if it wasn't for that fantastic tippy toe catch to get into field goal position, the Cowboys would have won in overtime.

Now the Chiefs did way less than I expected. I'm surprised and happy that the Steelers won, but they really didn't deserve it. They are not going to beat the Patriots with 6 field goals, they have to get into the end zone. More over, the Chiefs should have been allowed to keep that 2 point conversion. The game was decided on a chipy holding call that should have been overlooked given the situation. So like the Packers, I believe that if this game had gone into OT it's very likely the Chiefs would have had the momentum to win it.

So now we have two teams that maybe should have lost, but they will play next week. I don't think many people would pick the Steelers over the Patriots, but it's possible because the Patriots have not looked sharp. Even their coach said that they will lose if they play like they did against the Texans. The Steelers are not going to win with field goals either though. So now I have to pick the Patriots, while rooting for the Steelers again.

The Falcons looked good. They should give the Pack all they can handle. If I went by this weekend I might pick them, but I'll stick with the Packers. The problem I have with the Pack is that they don't really have a balanced offense and don't run enough. All good and well until the passing game gets closed down. If the Falcons can blitz at the right times, there will be trouble. Or maybe the Pack survived their scare and will roll over them. I'll pick that. Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

the Patriots have not looked sharp. Even their coach said that they will lose if they play like they did against the Texans.

Having been in the same division as the patriots for what seems like forever i can assure you they will win whatever happens.

I don't think i would like to risk my neck on who will win the other game though.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Happy that my both my pre-season Super Bowl picks are still alive for a change. Metal

And if Aaron Rodgers continues playing like this the Packers will win it all. Dallas lost that game yesterday for one reason and one reason alone -- the other team had Aaron Rodgers. Not even Tom Brady can do what Rodgers can when he's at the top of his game. He is in some kind of zone right now and I think he's determined to get his second ring.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I watched the Packers / Cowboys game which was superb. Clap

Great game...

But the Cowboys made a lot of mistakes and had some questionable play calls at times.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I guess I have to go with Falcons vs Steelers in the Super Bowl...

Falcons Winning it all...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mercifully the first half is over for the Packers. Thank you Green Bay for making a liar out of me. Razz

I've always looked at the Falcons with Matt Ryan as a bit of a paper tiger. I take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach with them in the playoffs as this wasn't the first time they had a very good regular season. Maybe this year they will finally get over the hump and people can stop questioning whether or not Matt Ryan lived up to his potential.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Boy, that was brutal! Usually the division games are better played than the Super Bowl, but today the Packers and the Steelers should have stayed in the hotel. Both were out of the game after kick off.

The Steelers I expected would lose, but if they know that the Patriots always pick apart their zone defense, hello, change the defensive plan.

The Pack never had the ball long enough to do anything until the Falcons didn't care anymore. That was pretty disappointing.

Anyway, the Falcons and Ryan looked impressive. I am hoping they don't lose it over the 2 week layoff. Having said that, nobody seems to have a game plan that stops Brady and their defense is great. So I will root for the Falcons, while really being satisfied if the game is still there in the 4th. I think they can beat the Pats, but I wouldn't bet on it. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Hogan seemed to be running free on every pass play and he doesn't look that fast.

The Packers cornerbacks finally got exposed. Jones was running free. I was surprised when the Packers beat the Cowboys. However, if the Packers can get into the playoffs healthy next year, look out.

The Falcons have a good chance of beating the Patriots because they can put pressure on Brady and they have two good receivers. The Patriots can't double-cover both of them. It could be a shootout and I think the Falcons kick a field goal at the end to win it.

quote:
Boy, that was brutal! Usually the division games are better played than the Super Bowl, but today the Packers and the Steelers should have stayed in the hotel. Both were out of the game after kick off.

The Steelers I expected would lose, but if they know that the Patriots always pick apart their zone defense, hello, change the defensive plan.

The Pack never had the ball long enough to do anything until the Falcons didn't care anymore. That was pretty disappointing.

Anyway, the Falcons and Ryan looked impressive. I am hoping they don't lose it over the 2 week layoff. Having said that, nobody seems to have a game plan that stops Brady and their defense is great. So I will root for the Falcons, while really being satisfied if the game is still there in the 4th. I think they can beat the Pats, but I wouldn't bet on it. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So, what are everybody's Super Bowl predictions?

Most of my family and friends seem to like the Falcons. I think a lot of the country does, too. They seem to be the sentimental pick. And they do have a ton of momentum -- but so do the Patriots. I'm not betting against Tom Brady here. Both teams can score at will but the Patriots defense is better than the Falcons and I feel that will be the difference. Patriots win 31-24.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think you hit it on the nose Logan. Everybody wants the Falcons to win, but very few really believe they will. Big Grin

Since none of my favorites got in, I have no rooting interest. I just want to see a well played game with no goats. Oh, and it would be very nice if my box won. Wink

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I didn't realise the contest carried on if the Dolphins got knocked out.

The Patriots will win because thats what they do, it's what they allways do and until belichek & Brady go away it is not going to change.