Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2016 NFL
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted
Well it is that time of year again for the Fearless Forecaster to do predictions, so let's see what the Magic 8 Ball says:

AFC:

Division Winners:

Patriots, Bengals, Colts, Chiefs

Wild Card:

Steelers, Raiders

NFC:

Division Winners:

Giants, Packers, Panthers, Cardinals

Wild Card:

Seahawks ,Bucs

There are some real horrible teams in the NFC?

Super Bowl Packers over the Bengals

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Colt power!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Here we go 'Stiller's', here we go!!" Dance

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
L.A. Rams, all the way!
Metal
(still strange to type "L.A." there, but it's a good strange...)

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a Packer year, second choice Steelers.

Once again I don't see much hope for the New York Jets and Giants.

Anybody care to guess how many games will pass before Romo is on IR? He got hurt in exhibition already so I put him out by game 5 and that may be too long.

How many games will the Patriots win without Brady? I'll split it and say two.

Nice first game. Panthers really should have won with 50 yard field goal in Denver air, but I wanted the Broncos, so I was happy. Not sure about the new QB, but he was good enough for the opener, so they might have something.

The NFL continues to think of ways to have unique problems. Nice to see they thought of a brand new one for this year. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are my predictions sure to be wrong. Big Grin

AFC:

Divison Winners: Patriots, Steelers, Colts, and Broncos

Wild Cards: Bengals and Chiefs

NFC:

Division Winners: Cowboys, Packers, Panthers, Seahawks

Wild Cards: Cardinals and Bears

SUPER BOWL:

Packers over Patriots

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Division winner...Dolphins Dance

afc winner.....Dolphins Elephant

Superbowl winner...DOLPHINS. Bouncey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
WHOOOOO Dolphins beat the hated Bills. Clap Bouncey Dance

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
WHOOOOO Dolphins beat the hated Bills. Clap Bouncey Dance

You'll be able to see the Dolphins in London next year

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

You'll be able to see the Dolphins in London next year

yes playing the Saints. Smile

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Whooooo. Dolphins win again. Dance Clap

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm a fan of theirs but it's astonishing to me how mediocre Aaron Rodgers has been and how bad the Packers have been overall this year. Something is just off with that whole team. So much for my Super Bowl pick. Roll Eyes Twak

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dolphins power on. Clap

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Dolphins are doing well, they are being helped, but it counts.

The Cowboys won a great game yesterday. I was rooting for the Steelers because a win meant more to them, but I think their year may be gone now.

As for the Cowboys, I've said it for years, they can't win a Super Bowl with Tony Romo, he gets hurt too much. So now he won't get back in unless they start losing. They look real good.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Packers aren't playing well because they've lost a lot of defensive starters to injury. They can score 3-4 touchdowns in a game but they give up five. Matthews is back but he's playing hurt.

Also, Rodgers can't be the offense by himself.

The Vikings are inconsistent. The Lions could end up taking the division but would likely not advance in the playoffs.

As a general observation, it seems receivers are dropping the ball more this year than any other I can remember.

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Not that I'm a fan of theirs but it's astonishing to me how mediocre Aaron Rodgers has been and how bad the Packers have been overall this year. Something is just off with that whole team. So much for my Super Bowl pick. Roll Eyes Twak

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Dolphins now have what they have been missing for most of their history since Csonka and Kiick left for the WFL and that's a solid running back. As a rule, a good football team needs a good quarterback but that guy needs a good running back to keep the defense from only having to focus on shutting down the pass.

Not sure what you mean by "they are being helped." They have moved into at least the decent team category for the first time in almost ten years. They are now winning the close games they have been losing in recent years. I haven't seen the highlights of the Rams game yet but the Dolphins did what good teams do: they find a way to win in the 4th quarter after not doing much in the previous three.

The Dolphins have also had bad management. I thought Sparano was a good coach stuck with mostly mediocre players but they got rid of him instead. It looks like they've lucked into a great coach with Gase. Maybe they get edged out of the playoffs this year or they get that last spot but the future looks bright again.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Dolphins are doing well, they are being helped, but it counts.

The Cowboys won a great game yesterday. I was rooting for the Steelers because a win meant more to them, but I think their year may be gone now.

As for the Cowboys, I've said it for years, they can't win a Super Bowl with Tony Romo, he gets hurt too much. So now he won't get back in unless they start losing. They look real good.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Not sure what you mean by "they are being helped." They have moved into at least the decent team category for the first time in almost ten years.
[/QUOTE]

I just meant that the breaks are going their way so far, which is what happens when you have a winning year. They are much improved, last year they would hang in until they would lose the critical play. This year they are getting the break from the other team or doing it themselves on the critical. I am not sold on them going too far however, you do need the elite QB in the current NFL, and I don't think Tannehill is there yet. The games will get bigger even before the playoffs.

Cousins looked great yesterday and the Cowboys might be for real. Greenbay's gone, too bad for the offense.

I'm looking forward to Steelers/Colts on Thanksgiving. I'm always disappointed with the games from Lions and Cowboys because it's usually one sided no matter who they play.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dolphins are even winning when they are playing rubbish now. Bouncey

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Not sure what you mean by "they are being helped." They have moved into at least the decent team category for the first time in almost ten years.

I just meant that the breaks are going their way so far, which is what happens when you have a winning year. They are much improved, last year they would hang in until they would lose the critical play. This year they are getting the break from the other team or doing it themselves on the critical. I am not sold on them going too far however, you do need the elite QB in the current NFL, and I don't think Tannehill is there yet. The games will get bigger even before the playoffs.

Cousins looked great yesterday and the Cowboys might be for real. Greenbay's gone, too bad for the offense.

I'm looking forward to Steelers/Colts on Thanksgiving. I'm always disappointed with the games from Lions and Cowboys because it's usually one sided no matter who they play.[/QUOTE]

All 3 games on Thanksgiving have playoff implications, how can one complain about that? The Lions and Vikings are playing for first while the Cowboys/Redskins are also two possible playoff teams. The Cowboys can almost lock a spot up with a win here.

Luck might be out, so the night game could get ugly.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Dolphins are even winning when they are playing rubbish now. Bouncey

Well, when you lose three offensive linemen you will play like garbage. Look at half the teams in the NFL and you will see the same ugliness. Shake Head