Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2021 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree. It was a good game. I've seen commentary that the Rams controlled the whole game. Uh, they were behind until late and they had drives that stalled too. The refs didn't call penalties until a sudden burst of them late in the game with a bad 3rd down call being crucial. I didn't like that. If you're "letting them play" across the game, don't throw the flag on something that only looked close.

Of course, the sad thing about the Super Bowl is that it is the last game of the season. It's six months until the first preseason game. I call it a trek across a desert. Yeah, we can check out the new version of the USFL, a league in the 80's that didn't last long, but that's not the same.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Really enjoyed the game. Congrats to the Rams on winning but i think the Bengals getting to the superbowl is the greater achievment, what they have done in the last two years is totally amazing.

Posts: 4411 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raven:
Brady is a wise guy and he will go out as a wise guy. He wants to always be the center of attention for as long as possible, so of course he can't just say whether he's retiring or not just yet./QUOTE]

But he did say it on February 1st, and now he has un-said it.

Lo and behold, he changed his mind. Tom Brady will be back with Tampa Bay later this year for his 23rd season. His retirement lasted 40 days and now he's in the headlines again.

Brady is a wise guy and everybody keeps falling for it. Who knows? Maybe he'll retire again in exhibition. Big Grin

Posts: 10423 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was pretty sure he wasn't going to retire without a "farewell season." Then he did and I figured, "well, he's smart to leave the game without a back problem or noticeable limp for the rest of his life. I am sure the Bucs and the NFL are very happy that he is playing one more year. It's the windfall from t-shirts, hats, and maybe a special jersey that they can't wait for now.

Posts: 4411 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post