Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2021 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Hey Everybody,

The season starts this Thursday. The Buccaneers should beat the Cowboys but who knows how that weird ball will bounce. Who has a prediction, a comment, or name for the Washington team?

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hey Everybody,

The season starts this Thursday. The Buccaneers should beat the Cowboys but who knows how that weird ball will bounce. Who has a prediction, a comment, or name for the Washington team?

Jess

I have no idea but now that they aren't called the Redskins anymore I am expecting world peace to break out any time now.

Judging by pre season I guess I will be a Buc's fan on the first game.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The Washington Gypsy Moths . . . oh, wait. Big Grin

Yeah, there is something miserably comforting about Brady and I never thought I'd be saying that. Still Packers and Steelers fan, but I don't think they really have one more in either team with the current players and coaches.

NY Jets and NY Giants will compete to see who will lose the most games in the worst ways again.

If I had anything better to do I would have quit watching Football a couple of years ago.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
YAY GO DOLPHINS. Bouncey Dance Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Look for Justin fields to play as the o line will not protect Dalton, but still cheering for da Bears.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Starting off as it ended and I expected.

Brady wins, exciting game little defense. Whoever had the ball last was going in. Maybe the Cowboys can put up a decent year if Dak stays healthy.

My teams, Packers looked terrible. Rodgers should have moved on, but they will probably scrape enough together for a losing playoff. Steelers always look good to open and go down hill by December.

Jets and Giants off to another fantastic season. They both keep looking for the magic QB, meanwhile they have no team, so it's like throwing these inexperienced QBs to the lions. The Jets old QB Darnold beat them this week and he's still not very good, but the Panthers are better. Year after year the Giants, and especially the Jets, have terrible management and ownership.

Didn't see late game because I was watching Mets and Yankees. Both are long for a Wild Card now and Boone will be fired at the end of this year.

I have taken to turning off the sound on some of these games and just watching the picture. The commentary from some of the announcers is getting hard to listen to. Every player, couch and official is a Saint, a Hero and a credit to humanity. It's getting sickening. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
WHOOOO Dolphins waddle ( see what i did there ) to victory away at the Patriots and top the division.

Clap Dance Elephant Dance

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
WHOOOO Dolphins waddle ( see what i did there ) to victory away at the Patriots and top the division.

Clap Dance Elephant Dance

I have Waddle in my fantasy team, I took a punt in the draft, gamble paid off for Week 1 at least. Being a Giants fan my fantasy team looks like my only hope of success this season. Roll Eyes Smile
One of my brothers has lived in NYC for over 20 years so I tend to follow all the NY teams, but especially the Giants...but looking at the Jets instead is not helping as a back up team either. *sigh*

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Part of it was the Packers' starters played very little during the preseason and then they had to deal with high humidity in their first game on top of it instead of the originally-scheduled, climate-controlled Super Dome. I still expected them to beat the Saints.

The Cowboys looked great. I've seen people talk about Washington as taking the division but I think it will be the Cowboys. The Eagles looked very good. I thought the Falcons would beat them outright.

The 49ers held off a late rally by the Lions ignited by a bad bounce on an onside kick but they also have some injuries already.

Miami eked out a win - great to beat the Patriots in Foxboro.

I was surprised that Pittsburgh beat Buffalo and Tennessee looked weak against Arizona. I heard yesterday that the Titans had the fewest returning starters in the league. Remember that when you do your picks next week.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Brady wins, exciting game little defense. Whoever had the ball last was going in. Maybe the Cowboys can put up a decent year if Dak stays healthy.

My teams, Packers looked terrible. Rodgers should have moved on, but they will probably scrape enough together for a losing playoff. Steelers always look good to open and go down hill by December.

Jets and Giants off to another fantastic season. They both keep looking for the magic QB, meanwhile they have no team, so it's like throwing these inexperienced QBs to the lions. The Jets old QB Darnold beat them this week and he's still not very good, but the Panthers are better. Year after year the Giants, and especially the Jets, have terrible management and ownership.

Didn't see late game because I was watching Mets and Yankees. Both are long for a Wild Card now and Boone will be fired at the end of this year.

I have taken to turning off the sound on some of these games and just watching the picture. The commentary from some of the announcers is getting hard to listen to. Every player, couch and official is a Saint, a Hero and a credit to humanity. It's getting sickening. Big Grin

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't get what it is with the Jets. They were terrible with Gase but they were terrible before and after him. The organization still doesn't understand that you start by building the offensive and defensive lines. You need to be able to protect your quarterback and pressure the opponent's. You can pick up running backs and wide receivers because other teams let go of good ones every year. Getting the best quarterback in the draft doesn't mean anything if he's always running for his life. Darnold is looking good now that he doesn't have someone in his face before he can get out of his drop. Carolina is 3-0 with him.

quote:

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
After the horror show last week against the Bills my Dolphins nearly won against the Raiders when i thought we had no chance.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I liked the fight the Dolphins put up. It looked like it was over early in the fourth but they battled to tie it and then tied it again in overtime taking it to the very end of the overtime period.

quote:
After the horror show last week against the Bills my Dolphins nearly won against the Raiders when i thought we had no chance.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well thats two good performances and two loads of rubbish.

We couldn't even beat the winless colts. Shake Head

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I thought they would edge the Colts. I missed the early games but did see the second half of the Seahawks-49ers game. I was surprised the Seahawks were winning and then went on to win the game as they had no answer for the Vikings last week but the 49ers injuries are taking a toll. Garoppolo is out again. It looks like they should have picked mac Jones after all.

Tampa Bay edged the Patriots but they had a couple of injuries on defense that might cost them in the coming weeks.

quote:

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well my teams played each other, so someone was going to win. I think the Steelers are done for the year. They always start strong and fade, but Roethlisberger looks done and Tomlin has made no effort to get a serviceable backup, so they may well have a losing season. Rodgers is getting cocky with the Pack, but I have no confidence they will go deep in the playoffs, assuming they make it. He has differences with the play calling that will get worse as they go on and he won't like looking at his replacement sitting on the bench every game. He should have left like Brady did.

You just knew Brady was going to win. Gronk could be gone again though.

Both Jets and Giants won in OT. Don't get excited, they still stink.

Dallas looks pretty good and division is weak. I figured they would beat the Panthers. Darnold was playing over his head. He had no chance with the Jets, but he did some stupid stuff on his own too, so that was bound to return.

Trying to watch the baseball games today, Sundays are carrying too many games these days. I'm in NYC, so naturally I'm a Red Sox fan. Razz Have a feeling the Yanks will get knocked out in the Wild Card, whether than beat Boston on Tuesday for #1 slot or not. They're not really a team, just a bunch of streak homerun hitters, and Boone does nothing to change it. Better pitchers will always beat them, but we shall see.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not winless now. COLT POWER

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm in NYC, so naturally I'm a Red Sox fan. Razz Have a feeling the Yanks will get knocked out in the Wild Card, whether than beat Boston on Tuesday for #1 slot or not. They're not really a team, just a bunch of streak homerun hitters, and Boone does nothing to change it. Better pitchers will always beat them, but we shall see.

Just an "I told you so". Big Grin Boston wins 6 - 2. Bronx Bombers hit 2 solo homeruns and are done for another year. Boone will not be coming back and there will be many player changes, but the New York teams almost in every pro sport prove that money alone can't buy championships. Individual stars don't guarantee a great team.

The Yanks in particular buy up every Paul Bunyan homerun hitter they see on any other team. They look impressive and they are all streak hitters who either strike out, fly out or hit a homerun. Every one of them hits or nobody hits. Nobody can lay down a bunt, steal a base or get a single when you need it. And they all get hurt multiple times a year and go on the DL or IR because they are just too darn Big not to get hurt.

And now everyone can concentrate on the lousy NY football teams because baseball is over in this town.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of speculation about where Rodgers will go next year. I've heard it could be Miami or Pittsburgh. That would be great if we could get 2-3 years of Rodgers.

I don't think he could have left this year unless he just sat out (might have hurt him in negotiations with the next team if he still wanted to play). He's under contract through the end of this season. It would be funny if he spent his last year(s) in San Francisco - the team he wanted to be drafted by.

quote:
Well my teams played each other, so someone was going to win. I think the Steelers are done for the year. They always start strong and fade, but Roethlisberger looks done and Tomlin has made no effort to get a serviceable backup, so they may well have a losing season. Rodgers is getting cocky with the Pack, but I have no confidence they will go deep in the playoffs, assuming they make it. He has differences with the play calling that will get worse as they go on and he won't like looking at his replacement sitting on the bench every game. He should have left like Brady did.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey wolfie, got your tickets yet? Playing against the 0 -5 Jaguars, you could even see your favorite team win. Wink

Of course the Jets had to go all the way to London to lose a game, when they could have just done that in NJ. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That was a wild game last night. Baltimore was behind 22-3. Jackson got tripped up and lost lost yards, he fumbled the ball on the 1-yard line, and the team seemed out of sorts. The Colts had a couple of injuries and then Jackson came alive. The Ravens missed a 2-point try they didn't need to go for but they still tied it late and then won in overtime.