Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    NFL Playoffs!!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL Playoffs!!!!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
I am rooting for the Dirty Birds and the Bad Birds, however I think it will be Pats vs. 49ers. Although Michael Crabtree getting in trouble is just another bonehead move which might bring his team down.

49ers 31 Falcons 20
Pats 34 Ravens 27

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LilRedCorvette
posted Hide Post
Well its the 49ers and the Ravens in the SB. I figured the NE/BAL game would be closer and the SF/ATL game as the blowout...

Posts: 92 | Location: OH | Registered: September 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well i would have lost money there. So much for home field advantage. The Patriots never lose an important game at home.

I see a fan was stabbed in a fight outside the Georgia Dome, didn't know that sort of thing happened at NFL games.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
At any large event bad things can happen, especially if people have had too much beer. The small problems at baseball, football and hockey games usually don't make the papers, the rare life threatening incidents do. I'll bet you could say the same thing about soccer games in the UK, which have also been known to have their share of unexpected tragedies.

Anyway, I had the 49ers winning because I liked their game, even with a rookie quarterback. I took the Patriots, but I think I have to say that the Patriots mystic is gone. The team didn't play well at all, neither Brady or Belichek showed any greatness. It's OK by me because I wasn't a fan anyhow, but I did pick them and I was wrong.

Now if I was betting on the Super Bowl I think I'd have to take Ravens and not because I use the name Raven, different thing altogether. Big Grin It looks like everything is breaking their way this year. Flacco is in his contract year, so he is looking good finally. His next big money signer should watch out. Ray Lewis is an inspiration according to the media. He has always been a great football player, but its amazing how most of his less flattering history seems to be lost in his march to Hall of Fame retirement. The press loves to make heroes no matter what, just look at the Tao/Notre Dame story. Wink

So I am hoping that the 49'ers take the trophy home, while I do consider them the underdog. It should be a very good game, as long as that rookie quarterback does not cough it up. Thumb Up

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Patriots and Brady were smacked in the mouth by the Ravens and did not respond like champs but like a bully who is finally stood up to.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will predict Ravens 23, SF 20. And Batman goes over on his beer intake!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
49ers 21, Ravens 17

Because if that's the final score, its my box. Dance

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I don't care who wins but as i am going to watch it i want a real close game. Nothing worse than a Superbowl that is all over long before the end.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I don't care who wins but as i am going to watch it i want a real close game. Nothing worse than a Superbowl that is all over long before the end.

Looks like neither one of us is getting what we wanted. Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming you wrote that just before the lights went out. Big Grin

The MVP has to go to that guy from San Francisco who pulled the fuse out.

We ended up with what we wanted which was a game that went right down to the end but the correct team won because if they had not had the lights delay which allowed the 49'rs to re-group and work everything out then the game would have been all over long before the end.

As for the half time show words fail me as to how bad it was. They have to get back to putting on some sort of show instead of just throwing a supposed singer out there for 10 minutes and thinking that is good enough.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wolfie:
I'm assuming you wrote that just before the lights went out. Big Grin /QUOTE]

Yes I did, right after the 109 yard kick off run back. I was about ready to walk away from the TV. Can you imagine the riot that would have erupted if the 49ers had been able to score the go ahead touchdown and win? It would have been called a conspirancy and they would have held congressional hearings on the blackout. OK I'm kidding, but plenty of gamblers would never have believed it was a random power surge.Big Grin

As for the half time show, people here seem to have loved it, she and Destiny's Child got great press. I'm not a fan really, but if you consider some of the other Super Bowl shows in the past few years it was better than a lot of them. That's faint praise, but its the best I got. I didn't care that much for most of those very expensive commercials either.

At least it turned out to be an exciting game and I kept my personal streak alive. I still haven't hit on a box. Wink