Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    framing a ticket stub
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

framing a ticket stub
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted
I have a ticket stub signed by Anna Torv that I'd like to frame along with a photo.
Does anyone know if a major retailer sells a frame like this, or do I have to get creative? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You could have it professionally framed, but that can be a bit expensive.

If you want to get creative you could try a mounting kit or even just a regular frame. Check with a craft store like A C Moore or Michael's, they might have something that will serve your purpose.

But here's the thing, if that signed stub means enough to you that you'd want to have it framed, I would advise against it. I say that because I myself had signed photos on display at one time and after awhile they all started to show light damage regardless of the type of pen used.

I also have a celebrity signed baseball in ink that I left out in a UV protected Ultra Pro ball cube. Unless you look very close, that autograph has all but disappeared. Shake Head

I learned my lesson, now I display nothing, I'd rather preserve the autographs as best I can. Smile

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raven beat me to it, regarding the framing. You WILL pay $$$ to get the stub and the photo double-matted and framed. You could just mount both in a shadow box (just dont stick a pin through the stub!) in either case, using true UV glass or plexi should help protect it against light damage. That's how I have my best sketches framed.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post