Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    PayPal Account Limitation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PayPal Account Limitation
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Has anyone had this happen to them?

A few months back I was getting an e-mail from Paypal saying that there was a problem with my account. I thought that it was a fake, so ignored it. Well, come to find out that its not!

I had to prove my address and name with a picture ID. That is all submitted, and now I have to wait for them to lift the restrictions.

I can edit my account, but I can't send or receive payments to anyone. This includes the e-Bay auction I just won!!!!

Has anyone experienced this before? I have now got the 2 green checkmarks next to the problems, but I 'm still waiting for the account to be restored back to full access.

Any ideas?

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling i recieved something like this months ago and like you just ignored it, thought someone was trying to access my account, i never heard anything else and the account works fine.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just called them up and it turns out someone got my e-mail, and tried to guess my password.... not that uncommon I suppose. However, this person was in IRAN!!!!!! Makes me so mad that I have to deal with this because some MORON was truing to steal!

The account has been restored to full function, and I'm back to normal.
Here is the number just in case anyone needs it for future reference:

1-402-935-2050

The trick is to say nothing on the phone, and this will get you through to a human and not a promoted robot message. It takes about 5 - 7 minutes.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It is just because of stories like this, that I never opened a PayPal account. If a seller won't take a money order or a credit card from me, I will find one who does.

I don't need the so-called buyer protection that goes with PayPal, I only buy from reputable sources. I am more worried about the risks of PayPal getting hacked or scams associated with other people getting access to my account or credit information, than I am of getting stiffed by a seller. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Would be nice to have the option of not using PayPal.
I pay with my credit card 99% of the time as it is!

I understand from a sellers POV that it protects them in case of a non-payment etc.
I think Paypal is more for the buyers protection now Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Paypal was a lot better before Ebay owned it Frown

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Yep

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Yep

X2!