Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2014 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted
Let the fun begin tonight, especially with Batman's inaccurate and ridiculous predictions!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Its only exhibition, so it should be a couple of months before any meaningful predictions, but here's a minor one to start it off.

The Giants will lose the Hall of Fame Game tonight. They always stink in practice. Maybe Strahan will pitch in, he looks better than some of their players. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yay Go Dolphins. Bouncey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Raven

Thankfully, that prediction didn't come to pass (no pun intended).
I'm hoping the Giants will be better than last year. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes Mike, both my first prediction and my first wrong prediction. Big Grin

But you have to admit that the Bills did nothing after the Giant touchdown, so it wasn't much of a game.

I like Eli, I too hope the Giants are a contender this year. And I hope the Jets do every bit as well as last year. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Johnny Manziel proves more and more what an immature boy he is! I just wish the Cowboys had drafted this train wreck!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yay go Dolphins. Dance Bouncey Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
COLT POWER!

Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Let's see what this year's predictions bring after guessing the two Super Bowl teams last year.

Miami in AFC East
Bengals In AFC North
Colts In AFC South
Broncos in the AFC West

AFC Wild Card Chargers and Steelers

Eagles in NFC West
Packers in NFC North
Saints in NFC South
Seahawks in NFC West

NFC Wild Card Cardinals and Lions

Championship Games

Broncos over Bengals

Packers over Saints

Broncos over Packers in Super Bowl

Most Improved Teams:

Jaguars and Lions

Thumb Up

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You are a brave man to make such early predictions Headless. With so many players on suspension for DWIs, PEDs, old fashion drugs, beaten up wives, bar brawls, road rage and kicked dogs Wink , I think it will around week 6 before many teams get all their players (idiots) back. I have no idea who will do what in the early going or how much better some might get in November.

Your picks are as good as any, but Miami taking the AFC East? With apologies to wolfie, I'll believe that when I see it. Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

but Miami taking the AFC East? With apologies to wolfie, I'll believe that when I see it. Big Grin

watch and learn Raven, watch and learn. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
You are a brave man to make such early predictions Headless. With so many players on suspension for DWIs, PEDs, old fashion drugs, beaten up wives, bar brawls, road rage and kicked dogs Wink , I think it will around week 6 before many teams get all their players (idiots) back. I have no idea who will do what in the early going or how much better some might get in November.

Your picks are as good as any, but Miami taking the AFC East? With apologies to wolfie, I'll believe that when I see it. Big Grin

Mrs. Brady and Bill Bellacheat have never won since spy gate. Reevis is old and not the same player. They have average receivers at best, which is a problem.

Miami almost made the playoffs with Wolfie, me and the Batman playing the offensive Line last year.

Buffalo and the Jets have no offense.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
COLT POWER!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
Mrs. Brady and Bill Bellacheat have never won since spy gate. Reevis is old and not the same player. They have average receivers at best, which is a problem.

Miami almost made the playoffs with Wolfie, me and the Batman playing the offensive Line last year.

Buffalo and the Jets have no offense.

I actually agree with everything you say and I really would like Miami to take the East, but I watched many of their games last year. They kept snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory over and over. Big Grin

Until they can show that they can play four solid quarters without getting in their own way I can't pick 'em to take the division, even as mediocre as I expect the Patriots and the Jets to be, and don't even mention the Bills.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Miami got the better of the Patriots today alright. Brady and company either got too cocky or too old in the 2nd half, hard to tell which.

Same old stuff with the Jets. They win over lousy teams just because the teams are lousy, not because they are any good. Then Ryan crows.

Can't wait for that Thursday game, would like to see Steelers on track again. One game does not make a season, but they looked great.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Woooooooooo Dolphins beat the patsies. Clap Dance Bouncey

even though we tried our best to throw the game away in the first half, the second half was great.

Bring on the Bills. Elephant

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So much righteous indignation from the media, the owners, the NFL, the couches, the advertisers, the public. Most players are keeping quiet. Why is anyone surprised by all the bad behavior and negative publicity that came out this week, and will likely remain in the news until the playoffs? Its just the chickens coming home to roost.

The NFL has engaged in willful blindness for the last forever. Yes, it is a small percentage of players causing most of the trouble when compared to the whole, but the whole condones it. As long as they can play, as long as they can help the team win, as long as they don't get caught, it's all good. And when they get caught everyone else is shocked and dismayed. Yeah, right!

I enjoy watching football, but football is not the same game that it was. Players should never have been called role models, but a certain level of civilized behavior might be expected from multi-millionaire college graduates. And the hits have become so violent and the players can get hurt so bad on both legal and illegal plays, I'm beginning to wonder what it says about me that I still want to watch the games.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, now I remember why I still watch games, some great stuff this week so far.

In NY it's all Jets and Giants and they both lost. I really wish the Giants would get out of this sorry state. They don't have to win, just play a decent game.

That time out call from the Jets bench that cost them a touchdown will be the big topic on sports radio. They will probably blame the refs, but the defensive couch should not have been calling it.

Miami still can't get out of its own way and I don't think RG3 will ever have a complete season. He is just too fragile a quarterback.

Carolina is looking dangerous and I think might be up there at playoff time, but it is still too early too say.